New look to leather and cloth

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-denmom, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Oakleafe wrote:
    Looks like T3 and T4 rares are the only area there's a problem. Looking at the revision history, it looks as if this was done by mistake - Fyreflyte's script had originally dropped the INT on these sets by quite a bit, and then when I went back to manually upgrade them, I was looking at the wrong number, not the original INT value. I'll look into getting these fixed up appropriately.
  2. ARCHIVED-HarlequinJD Guest

I feel a bit slow here, but where is the page showing the new looks?
  3. ARCHIVED-Ashlian Guest

Nexxiss wrote:
    Yes.....that would be a live event and the items you can get from the live events normally disappear, sometimes forever, after the event is over. That means that future characters of mine and others who wish bare item slot equipment will have what choices for it besides shoulder? I really do appreciate them listening and putting the items in the game, but I don't think ANYONE wanted them to be limited time only......
    I can certainly start another thread on the topic, I just thought I'd mention it in this one since someone else brought it up first. And since tailors would be the logical choice for producing such armor long term, unless it was decided to make it status purchased. Either way, I don't care, I just want the invisible armor to remain visibly ingame!
  4. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I know that the weapons change a while back resulted in brand new items with the old ones remaining, what I'm curious about is wether or not this cloth/leather armor appearance change is retroactive to all existing items or will there be new items with the new apperance?
  5. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Morghus wrote:
    Existing items will change. The changes to the weapons were so drastic that stat combinations and even the classes that could use them changed in some cases, changing existing items could have resulted in people ending up with an item they couldn't even use. The armor is not being changed to this extent, the stats are just being boosted and in some cases added to. So existing items will change, as they did when the mastercrafted was improved with RoK, and when the chain/plate looks were redone last year. Since appearance slots were added after the plate/chain appearances were done, the cloth/leather appearance changes are probably going to result in some surprises when people log in after the change goes live and discover their armor may have changed color. Hopefully the overall increase in variety (and stats) will more than make up for the minor inconvenience of having to replace a few appearance slots.

Link to EQ2Traders' preview of the appearances is here. (Note - these appearances are still subject to change while on Test server and I know that at least two of the ones shown have been altered already based on test feedback.)
  6. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Is there any chance of getting leather that has less of a visible texture to it at some point? Something along the lines of more modern leather pants and vests? Norrath needs biker gangs!
  7. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Could I beg for one thing, please, please, please....
    Instead of pants like this (cloth).... could we please get single colored pants (light gray, dark gray, silver, any ONE single color) more like these(Tranq cloth)...
    [IMG] [IMG]
    The cloth top is a bit Sgt. Pepper'ish, but the pants are just odd, and I can't imagine anyone, Ogress to Gnomess who looks good in that big od herringbone stripes.
  8. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

valkry wrote:
    See, I'd like to see pants like those on the right available as leather armour models too... albeit a bit more straight legged, with the shine of patent leather vs. what appears to be canvas.

Then again, I'd like things like knee-high boots and such, and we all know that's not happening. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Chalmo Guest

Hi,

hope this is the correct thread for this.

1) Can we imbue any of the mastercrafted items created before this update?
    2) If answer to 1) is yes, and the item is already attuned to a toon that cannot imbue it her/himself, is there any way for her/him to imbue it?

And yes, I'm a cheapskate trying to save up my plat for the halls. :-D
  10. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Chalmo wrote:
    If the answer is yes (and I'd guess it is, since the current gear is being updated, not replaced), then you can use the commission system to imbue the attuned item. Have the owner put the piece to be imbued in the commission window as a component.
  11. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    x1000!

I just want a pair of plain tight black pants. No panels, no color striation, no kneedpads, no poofy ankles. Just plain black!

And knee-high black boots.

And, while we're at it...what is up with the lumpy crafted gi legs? It looks like somebody snuck up behind you and poured oatmeal down your pants.

Anyway, that's my two cp.
  12. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    Actually, the gi pants are fine, however there is an epidemic of 'pancake-butt' in Norrath. Most other classes have figured out how to hid their poorly formed booties... the REAL reason for baggy robes & armour with mud-flaps is... sadly-shapped tushies. Now if we could get some 'Buns of Ebon' manuals distributed through out Norrath, we could finally get get our collective derrieres in decent shape & we could finally wear decent looking clothes.
  13. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

The Cambric Robe....I like how it is now....but I can see where people might like the reverse colors as proposed. If I have one made now, will it stay the same, that is, mostly white with black accents? or will it change to mostly black with white accents? I would really like to keep the "old" look.
  14. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    It will change
  15. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Are you able to use some of the art assets from SWG? if so, there are some nice items there that might be able to be brought in as appearance slot items... and save a bit of time.
  16. ARCHIVED-SaberShadowKat Guest

I would add a vote for the cloth-wearer's getting fake plate armor, ala the Bloodline Chronicles (good only - which is another beef. Why does only good side get fun plate armor, and the bad side get a t2 leather chest piece that doesn't match the rest of the outfit?). Plate users are wearing robes andother outfits since the appearance tab came out, the reverese is only fair.

The hot pink t1 set really made me laugh. I'm glad to read that there's a vest coming out to match, instead of the robe.

And I mentioned this on the Dresses thread, but it'd be nice to have genderless options on who gets to wear the skirts. It's a bit sexist that only women toons get to wear them.
  17. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Quick update on the appearances.

As noted elsewhere, GU49 will bring with it new recipes for threadbare vest, tranquil threadbare vest, sackcloth vest, and tranquil sackcloth vest.

There was not time to add more vests for GU49, but GU50 will bring more still: burlap, tranquil burlap, roughspun, tranquil roughspun, canvas, tranquil canvas, ruckas, tranquil ruckas, broadcloth, and tranquil broadcloth. While this is still not a full set of vests, it's a good selection and should give a wider range of options for the time being.

In addition, to make things clearer, all the tailor made chest pieces with a robe graphic are being renamed to "robe" and all the ones with a vest graphic are being renamed to "vest". No more guessing if a "blouse" is long or short!

And finally, I didn't touch the level 60-69 stuff during the previous revamp since it was already tinted and there wasn't time, but since the purple dilettante's set was removed, the tranquil dragon's breath set is going to acquire that same tinting, plus some new legging graphics, since this set was identical to the regular dragon's breath. There may also be some future changes to make the two windcloth sets different, but that's most likely not going to happen this year anyway as there's rather a lot of more important things to do right now!

EQ2Traders has a partial preview gallery up and I'm sure it will be added to as time goes on. :D
  18. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

xsikal wrote:
    Try out a pair of "Dusky batfur leggings" I think thats what they are called.
  19. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Thank you Domino...I am so happy to see the Cambric be mostly white with black design. Cookies!!
  20. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

It is found on the Innkeeper in Castleview Hamlet (On the test server).

I ADORE the cloth armor on this NPC. Hopefully it can become widely available sometime. (In Multiple colours)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Edit:
    [IMG]

Found this one in the Baubbleshire.
    Are those the new pants/shirts?