New(ish) player, got some questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by DustyBurrito, Nov 17, 2017.

1. DustyBurrito Member

I have been playing EQ2 on and off for about 3 years now, but I actually want to get into more aside from solo questing.
    I saw that you gotta be lvl 20 to dungeon (I play WoW, so I'm used to the classic dungeon/raid spiel), which is my main goal for now I guess? But at some point I want to join a guild that is fairly active with raiding.
    So in WoW, when you hit a certain level, get "x" quest, go to "y" area, you start the story line of whatever expansion that follows. Is EQ2 similar? Like is it once I hit level 50/60/whatever, I can initiate certain quests that will follow the timeline of certain expansions?
    This is a jumbled mess, I can try rewording if I'm not making sense. I'm basically wondering how to get into things in EQ2 that aren't just solo early game questing.
    Thanks in advanced for the patience!
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Yes, that is how timelines work later into the game. Lategame is all instanced content and raids.
  3. Edelphia Well-Known Member

Google the golden path for EQ2. If a questline doesn't lead you directly to the next area, it's a good reference for what zone to head to next. Many of the upper level expansions start with in game mail that will tell you who to talk to at a certain level. Also, look into a guild now, many of the raiding guilds will help you out with leveling and such to get you ready for raiding, or if you prefer questing, go that route to level up. Just ask questions before entering a guild so you get one that is right for your play style. They are your greatest asset in this game, whether you solo, group or raid.
    Semperfifofum and Snikkety like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

If you are interested in joining a raid guild, seek them out first and find out what they want and likely they will help you achieve it. Most of the game is currently solo with the majority of players at end content, getting ready to move on into the next expac which will drop at the end of the month.

As for the quest lines: http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page One of the best sources for information. If you click on the word solo it'll lead you through all the quests out there.