New Instinct

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Kerahzey, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

Any awsome Wardens out there know if the the hate gain or loss stats are sapposed to show up when you examine the Instinct spell. When I first put points in it would show up as yellow stats hate gain or loss according to class. Now I don't see any stats. Is this bugged ?? If its bugged and not getting fixed in a timely manner I want to take the points out. Anybody have any insite on this WC LARRY help us LOL :D
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

The deaggro stat wasn't showing up in an examine box until I actually had the buff on someone. I'm not sure if this is a bug or what but I'm guessing it has something to do with the spell checking if it's on a fighter or non-fighter first.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

It doesn't show up at all for me, even when the buff is put on the person. I saw that a lot of procs are bugged in the game maybe this is too ?? I don't use a parser so I have no idea if its working or not :(
  4. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Its shows and works only once you upgraded to the T9 version. Then it procs for like 1k hate :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

Ok, it is working fine mine procs for 2k. If you want to check it put it on yourself and hover over the spell. Sweet.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

I grouped with it over the weekend and i think its broken or doesnt stack with anything else.
    Tried on tank, assassin, brigand.
    Sometimes it shows the green text. Sometimes only for a second. But mostly not.
    I do see yellow numbers above the tank, but i am not sure if those are mine or from someone else.
  7. ARCHIVED-vadawg Guest

Instinct does work for everyone curious as to if it is bugged. group with just one person i.e. a tank and put instinct on them. then click on them to see their maintained buffs. you will see our instinct on them and notice that it does show the threat adjustment. Then, put it on yourself. and you will notice that it will show the same thing when you look on your own maintained buffs. I've seen it proc on ACT for up to 6k+ or - hate depending on the class. And depending on who the buff is on, it can proc anywhere from 2-4 times a minute. Under the right circumstances, that can be a +/- 24k hate proc. I, for one, am not gonna complain about the new proc.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kaidia Guest

FWIW, after noticing that hovering over instinct showed no green text, I came here and found this post. A little trial and error and I found the following:
    • Buffing myself with instinct would show no threat proc in green when examined from my spell effects, however it would show the effect when examined from my knowledge book
    • Buffing a groupmate (tried on both a coercer and a shadowknight) would show no threat change on either the examined effect on them or in my knowledge book.
    • Examining the ACT logs, (I examined logs from an instance I did last night and another I did this afternoon) Instict appears to be functioning properly and applying threat increase as it should (was always applied to tank, so I have no idea yet if it decreases on non-fighters as it should yet).
    So, from what I'm able to tell, it is working correctly, just not appearing correctly as it should.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kaidia Guest

Oh, and to answer the OP, this is how it shows up for me:
    [IMG]
    This is with 5 points in Instinct.
  10. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

While I personally dont like it, wardens are not coercers or dirges who should buff hate as a static. While having the option doesnt bother me, I didnt take it yet might someday though if I get all the other stuff by aa's that i want as i get the last 20 or so and I might do i for the personal deaggro on my self.
    I really think they should give wardens a totally new spell/ability to transfer hate from healing and/or dpsing and by a higher percentage then a swash or assassin since they will do more dps then a warden will and wardens, unless healing massive aoes, will always heal the least of the MT group healers due to the way class heals land.
    I get a feeling that it was added as an AA option to increase utility in a raid/group. I dont think that it was the right way to go though. I really would prefer an ability that took some effort on the wardens part to transfer hate to a tank or to somehow deaggro fellow raid members. One of the reasons besides the general nerfage that I also dont like the new sandstorm spell either though. It has been made very iffy in an attempt to give wardens more utility but at 30 seconds every two minutes, becomes a guessing game as to when its best used.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

Thanks for all your help :D
  12. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Eugam wrote:
    Not true.... I don't have the T9 yet and it works fine for me, procs all the time.
    But the green text does not show up for me anywhere, but it does work on the T8 spell. I see it in my chat constantly.
    The text in the AA says it works on the Instinct line, not just T9
    Text though is definately broken.
  13. ARCHIVED-Tes Mar'a Guest

Kaidia@Nagafen wrote:
    Try and remove the PvP mark when you have it on yourself
  14. ARCHIVED-Kaidia Guest

Hmmm.......strange......pvp shouldn't be auto checked, and I know I didn't check it.......Have to play with it a bit later.
  15. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

I don't have pvp checked and it still doesn't show up
  16. ARCHIVED-Kunaak Guest

its definatly not working - with 5 points into it, this has been driving me nuts for the last week, cause it doesnt show the green stats, so I been watching ACT to just see if it is, or isnt procing.
    its not.
    its never showing to proc threat when on the Tank. Undeniable Malice, Taunts, all that show up under threat, but nothing from Instinct. theres not a whole lot to see under threat, it would be pretty obvious if it was there. but nothing is ever there. I would assume the threat proc would be called "primal instincts" - but theres never anything there, that isnt coming from the tank already - IE, Insolence, Mock, Undeniable Malice and all show up just fine. but nothing from Instinct.
    which makes me think - either its broken, and the AA is useless in it, or the threat proc, simply has no name.... which would be a first for me.
  17. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

It shows up in my chat window under Other Hate, not threat.