New install question

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Simparri, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Simparri Active Member

I've just acquired a new computer with Win10 installed. Prior to this copying the game from a Vista machine to a Win7 machine & from there to another Win 7 machine was simple, just copy/drag the whole EverQuest 2 folder over, but Win10 seems to be a different matter. I'm planning on doing a fresh download & new install in this case but I need to know What files/folders in my Win7 install to copy & move to the new machine to move my characters over to the new machine. I know it can't be as simple as as Just moving my character folder, there have Got to be other folders/files I'll need to move to avoid problems.

Edit: There are Many new & different files/folders in my Old install compared to my New install. Assetcache in old has more files, No cache in new, same with helpfiles, logincache, paks, PlayerStudio, music, paks & those are just the obvious ones, what I might need to move from other folders is a mystery to me.
  2. SvenOlav New Member

you need to copy your config file for your ui
  3. Simparri Active Member

And that is where? Would it be simpler to just copy/paste the whole game folder? Or would that even work with the differences between Win7 & Win10? There are a LOT of config files for my 40+ toons.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

There is no reason you can't just copy the game folder and dump in into a new one in Windows 10. I've done it several times, I've also copied the entire game to a 2nd drive so I don't have to swap between US and EU all the time cause it takes forever. Faster to just run a 2nd copy.
    If you do want to you need to copy your eq2.ini file, your ui folder and all the files in the format Server_Character_