New Heroic Character Warnings

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Regolas, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

This may have changed with todays patch, but everyone please remember to check your heroic toons gear before going grouping on your new heroic toon.

I spent a good deal of yesterday with another couple of new heroic toons testing out the new agnostics and other xp area wondering why we were dieing so easily....

Turns out we all started with a wrist with Aspect of the Dragon on it!!

Took us a few hours of frequent deaths before one of us realised, after finally arriving in skyshrine and still getting ripped a new one, we realised it wasn't the mobs that were causing the damage but us!!
    Avahlynn and Prissetta like this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

We had the same thing, Very bad choice to slap a damage to allies piece on a new toon.
  3. Ixian Active Member

Apparently that shouldn't be a thing, since the patch notes have this:
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I killed one of my group before someone helped me figure out what was going on.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I have to wonder at the group think that came up with Aspect of the Dragon. I had the same thing happen, (wiped my group) awhile back, and was absolutely dumbfounded that anyone would think AotD was a good "feature" of a piece of armor or weapon.

I am sure that there are some players, who accidentally killed group mates, who never returned to the game due to embarrassment. I'm not easily embarrassed and even I found the incident acutely embarrassing.

Someone, at DB, is a seriously passive-aggressive. Wiping a group, with your armor or weapon, isn't funny. Giving people a lv 95 heroic toon, and including a piece of armor that will wipe their group, is really sadistic. I shudder to think about the presents you give to family and friends if you think this is acceptable behavior.
    Steelviper likes this.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? That's freakin' hilarious.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

In retrospect yeah. Lol, very. At the time we were going through the combat logs for details because wow surely that was the baddest *** etherpine. Ever.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

I didn't have ACT running at the time, but I was looking at the hits and seeing frequent heat damage.

My first reaction was we must need more resists for these zones (new agnostics), so we went to HHK. Same thing happened, I assumed HHK was too hard for us in base gear....so went to SS. When it was still happening in Skyshrine, that's when the penny dropped that something fishy was up, and Aspect of Dragon was identified.
  9. Xerikton Active Member

that proc is almost as bad as the item from the lich dragon in fear which increases your damage at expense of your health. when it first came out it was for each mob and not the encounter. of course the zerker won it and proceeded to kill himself on his next multimob pull. the rest of us almost wet ourselves laughing so hard. fun times.
  10. Kander Developer

This should have been fixed on Tuesday.
  11. Moostafoo Active Member

Budget may have been too low to fix that one. :p