New heroic char gear

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by rrandle1, Jun 24, 2021.

1. rrandle1 New Member

So basically a newly created level 85 character is better geared than those who have run all the zones and struggled to get updated gear, plus everything they are given is indestructible????
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Just like in every new expansion, the first beetle you kill off the boat in the new area is going to drop an item better than something you raided for months on end. This isn't a new concept.
  3. Zenji Well-Known Member

Well that's just not true. Depending on which TLE or live version of the game and what expansion. It was quite common that the end of xpac raid gear was better than or equal to most all leveling gear and even some heroic gear of the following xpac. Hell some raid pieces didn't get replaced until the next xpac raids.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

halleluiah to that Zenji .
    Yes they get really nice Gear at least for a regular adventurer and when I made one of those heroic toons on live I always dreaded the day I found better gear during a raid or even a regular instance , and had to give up the indestructible gear .
    I say the gear gives you a solid set to begin with , and this ready made character is targeting people who want to join the fun late into the TLE game , just giving him a level bauble would not be helpful , they do need some gear , and hopefully they
    know what they are doing.
    Everybody get's a heroic toon for each account , so you can get one too .
    I think DP should also sell more of those baubles , ( it makes sense business wise )
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Jalathan Active Member

it is nice gear, but other than the indestructable, it seemed like the quest stuff you got early in DoV was actually better (stat wise anyways). I haven't gotten far in DoV, the group I was working with ran into some computer issues, so we've stalled out a bit until the parts for the computer come in, so not sure how heroic 90 gear will compare. I will say though, it is significantly better than the lvl 90 solo stuff from SF...
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The gear that comes with high level character baubles has always been indestructible for some reason. I'm not sure why.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I think it's aiming at new players to the game. If you jump in at 85, you don't know what all the abilities do or how to keep yourself alive, you die a lot. Plus, if you are new you don't have any money for repairs. I think it just lets a new person be on the fast track to learning the game without the in-game expense. Then they can move on to 'real' items.
    Breanna likes this.