New Hero Festival quest Stories

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Argonath, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Argonath Member

So while waiting to kill Trakanon I talked to Roslyn Mischeva and she tells the story about Trak and how we adventurers eventually kill him. What stuck out to me though is the ending of her story. She says that there is more that happens after his death but that its a story for another day. So I am curious as to what she might know that I apparently don't know. Does anyone know what she might be talking about or have a speculation?
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

Well, from a book we know that Trakanon's spirit didn't make the trip to the Ethernere. In EQ1 Trak was cursed to a near undead state after he disobeyed the Ring of Scale and lead its younger members against the Sabilisian Empire and took over Sebilis as his lair. Either before or after the curse he took up the study of Necromancy, and was known to have the gift of prophecy.

So there is a very good chance that Trakanon could of prepared a phylactery or some other contingency plan in the case of his death. There is also a vague chance the Shadowmen could of nabbed his spirit after his death (rather unlikely but not impossible). There is also the vague chance that Mayong could have something to do with his spirit disappearing (but he hates dragons, so again not likely). The most likely candidate is that Trakanon set something up that might go beyond even his own death. If he had a vision of us adventurers coming in an epic-earning frenzy and taking VP by storm he might of even set up some way to resurrect the entire Ring of Scale after the whole End of Days prophecy completed.

The strangest possibility would be for the entire Ring of Scale to be "reborn" as one of the dragon off shoot races like an Aerykin or Drovolg, since manipulating with any kind of magic an actual dragon is much more difficult than one of the "lesser" races.