New here. What class to play.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kreitoc, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Kreitoc New Member

As a preface. I did a lot of WoW mostly as a Warlock. Done SWTOR, NW and several others.
    Preference for a good Warlock or Hunter/Pet class.
    Dislike Melee and Healers.
    So what I am looking for is a good Caster/Ranged class hopefully with a pet/minion.
    Rather not create a lot of classes to find what I'm looking for.
    Sadly for my tastes no MMO has a real good Hunter type class, So if there is a good Warlock type for 99% solo play that would be great.
    KauaiJim and Jesaine like this.
  2. full nelson New Member

You should try either necro or conj.

Summoners are gonna be the closest thing to a WoW warlock.
  3. Lidahn Lady of Light And Crystalline Hydromancer

for ranged= ranger....(ironic isnt?) is the most ranged class you find in game by far just aim and shot it.
    for mage= conjurer or necromancer but it depends on your tastes for magic.....i'm a conjurer myself and i love it....
    KauaiJim likes this.
  4. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, Welcome to the game. :D If you give it a real chance and look past the slightly dated graphics, I think you'll love it. There's so much more to do here than just about any other MMO. Overall, the player base is far less toxic than games like SWTOR also.

What to play... Given your preferences above, I think you already got some solid advice there. My only caveat is that most classes are going to be kind of sucky until level 10 to 15. After that, they'll start to shine. Ranger is one of those ones that dishes out good damage earlier. While they don't have a pet, they do great ranged damage and are decent in melee also. Maybe start there until you have a handle on the game mechanics then move into a pet based class like a Conjurer or Necromancer.

Experiment around though. The game has alot of great classes, and they're all just a little different. You may even find a healer you like. Furies are decent DPS for example, and Channelers can do any role fairly decent. They won't out-tank or DPS a class designed for that role and geared well, but they're an awesome jack of all trades character.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Kreitoc New Member

Thank you for the help.
    Jesaine likes this.
  6. KauaiJim Active Member

You will not be disappointed with a conjuror.
  7. Suefeo Member

Not sure if you are aware of this but we have Mercenaries in this game that you can hire to fight for you. The Fabled ones Rock!!!!!! Just wanted to mention that as you spoke about a pet.
    Twyla and Jesaine like this.
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Good point Suefeo.

If Kreitoc's reasons for wanting to play a pet class was to have a "Tank" / Speed Bump, a Mercenary can fill that role for any class nicely.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Zornar Member

You might want to try a Beastlord, which can tame pets from the wild like a WOW hunter. Once you level a pet class to maximum, the Beastlord gets a new attack skill. The Beastlord himself has a ranged autoattack but does most damage in melee (5 yard range) but seems quite powerful at low levels.

The mercenaries are insanely powerful at low levels with about 10 times your characters hit points and much more powerful spells. With a tanky merc, I was easily killing mobs 4 levels above me.
    Twyla and Jesaine like this.