New Hairstyles Soon?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Daecollo2, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

quiarrah wrote:
    Most of those look horrible standing still. Now animate them for actual gameplay...
  2. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

ttobey wrote:
    TBH it would win if it was a SC item. Long, flowing hairstyles. Long, down-the-back braided hair, etc. I would buy it on ALL of my female characters (well, except the froglok).
  3. ARCHIVED-quiarrah Guest

Juggercap wrote:
    That's their job to animate them. . . .not mine. ...they are actually poser tubes put on MY character as examples, NOTHING MORE. (Horrible standing still?? You don't do POSER or Paint shop do you?)
    If other games can animate hair so it moves . . . with a little effort so could SOE.
    I would buy them if they were SC wigs also. . . . .forget making new hair for each toon. . . . just make wigs. . . . they shouldn't be any different than hats!
  4. ARCHIVED-covic Guest

Theres no bones to animate our hair in the character skeletons. We have over a thousand animations with all the emotes. Dynamically maybe but we dont currently have that either. Maybe using some kinda of cloth sim, we also have a jigle system which we use now, but has stretching issues. Either way it is definately not little effort.
    I really want to make new hair for all our players just too time in our current pipeline and dont see any miracle code happening soon.
    Dave
  5. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

covic wrote:
    Happy Birthday Dave! What is it? 29?
  6. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Novusod wrote:
    That's the key! Don't spend all that time making a new dragon. Just make some really good looking dragon feet and stick them on whatever garbage dragon model you've got lying around. Nobody will know the difference!
    Same with giant feet. I think all the giants I've killed died from me beating on their ankles.
    Seriously though, I appreciate that you guys have obviously looked at this hard. Hopefully it'll be easier to do this kind of thing in EQ Next.