New Guild Depots - Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Eshaac Active Member

I love the different selections on all the Depot boxes. Had no problems with them at all.

There is still a problem with the lvl in the ammo depot. Ferrite field point arrows lvl 70 are showing as lvl 80.. All ammo are showing 10 lvl's above what they actually are except the lvl 90 ones which show as lvl 95..

Also the white adornments are showing wrong lvls for what they actually are.

Love all these Depot boxes..

Eshaac
  2. Sskary New Member

Please please give us filters on the shinies so we can just see the ones we don't have!!!!

Sskary
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The permissions on the depots haven't changed, at least on beta. They were already set via the guildhall door to one of 3 choices: Trustee, Friend and Visitor, like most of the other amenities. That hasn't changed, as it was that way the day they first put them in for testing. Was it preventing people putting items in the depots prior to the patch at 7pm on 12/13?

So far I see no way to limit or prevent certain ranks within the guild of using / removing items from those depots, which is what I think some were expressing thier concerns about. I don't see how that would be possible.
    Either they will have use of that depot for withdrawls, or not.

You can set the depots to friend, then via the guild window, alllow what ranks you'll set to friend. Thats fine, but its across all depots. A recruit and or applicant, cant use items in the depot if they are set not allowed friend access. That includes for tradeskilling, collections, etc. You may want lower-leveled members to be able to craft, have access to Lore and Legend but not regular collection, potions / poisons, etc. There is no way to distinguish the depots. via the ranks. o_O

On a plus note: The chromatic essences, ykesha special craft drops, etc, Seem to work now to go into the depots, thank you for fixing that!
  4. Eshaac Active Member

I think the problem here is, that we need another option between "friend and trustee for both the guild hall management ui and the guild hall door. This way we can set recruits to say friend and then regular members to the new choice that is between friend and trustee and there by not have to set everyone to trustee for access lvl's.. The recruit would be able to use resources for crafting and such but we would be able to limit the other depots for safety to them. And by setting the depot boxes to the new choice we would not restrict our regular members as they would go under the new option choice and not have to be placed under trustee. hmm think I'm rambling on here.

If someone can explain better where I'm heading please do. lol

Eshaac

Also; I demoted one of my toons to recruit to test if changing the lvl of access to the depots work and folks do not have to be trustee and they now work correctly. We just need to have another option.
  5. Wolivere New Member

Some of it does not make sense. So what is the purpose of the fuel merchant and the guild bank? Why not just add more capacity to the guild bank or allow it to hold containers?

Lots of work on this yet, we are still waiting on any word about new trade skill writs. Leveling a guild with lvl 89 writs is a royal pain.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to assume writs are not coming until after these boxes get done. I'm glad this is being done first and I can wait a little longer for writs. Leveling a guild wasn't supposed to be as easy as it is these days, anyway :p
  7. Daevin1975 New Member

^^ This.

I really hope there's a better way to tell which collectibles you need out of a list of possibly 5,000 items than mousing over each one of them.
  8. Eshaac Active Member

There is a "search" box on those Depot Boxes.. Type what your looking for. <shrug> How hard can that be. If your UI does not have a search then I suggest you update it.

Eshaac
  9. Caela Well-Known Member

Since there is a search, it would be great if double clicking a shiny you don't have in your quest journal would search the guild depot - much like it does for the broker. (I'm hoping that broker function isn't just a custom UI thing... been a long time since I've used the default UI)
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Maybe Visitor/Friend/Trusted/Trustee?
  11. Qixil Active Member

So excited about these changes, especially the increase to 1000 for the harvest depot. Question: What guild level(s) are required for the new depots??
  12. Terrogaunt Developer

You should have complete control over who in your guild has what access to things without flagging them manually on your door. Just look into the automatic access level settings in the guild access tab. This will automatically put whatever ranks that you like as friend, then you only need make the depot setup for friend usage.

Again, just in case this wasn't clear, the only functionality that I added with the change I mentioned is that the withdrawal of items will now look at this access level, which is the same thing that the harvest depot was already doing when you attempted to craft with it. You had to be trustee before to withdraw from it, but now that is behind the set access level.

Depot access is set on a per-amenity basis :p, you should be fine once it's in (probably next week, but QA has the final word on that reality)
  13. Eshaac Active Member

Ok, either you or I am missing it. Say you have a recruit just join. Our guild hall is open to the public so it is set to visitor. Now you set the depots to friend to keep visitors from stealing said guild blind as they can not access them. Now you have say Collections depot, you want our regular members to access it, but not the recruits and because recruits are set to friends so they can access the other depots your only choice is to set it to trustee and set our regular members to trustee so they can access the collections depot. There needs to be another option so that we can give regular members access to collections without making them trustees with access to the whole works.

Hope I explained it right.. lol

Eshaac
  14. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I think you explained it perfectly, that's something I want as well. I know quite well that we can set different access levels on the ranks tab--that's Guild Management 101... but that doesn't solve the problem of there not being enough variation in access level to be adequate to cover the various depots and other amenities.
    Eshaac likes this.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Most guilds have the current items you're testing depots for, in different tabs of the guildbank. From the guildbank tab and banker, the leader(s) can set the limit of items that each rank is allowed to remove.

By moving those items to depots, you're currently only allowing 3 settings:
    Trustee (usually set to leaders and high officers, limited to few as possible to keep guild integrity)
    Friend (what most guild amenities are set to, preventing visitors from using)
    Visitor (usually set to some amanities for those visiting your guildhall perhaps for crafting, like the portal to member housing, fuel merchant, druid portal, etc.)

Sure I can set the harvesting depot to Visitor, I wouldn't mind too much others crafting with my commons, but then food and drink would be Friend.

I can see the first month or two after these go live...
    /petition Hi I am the leader of guild so-and-so and someone removed every adornment from our depot, I had it set to friend so only members had access but I have no clue who emptied it.

Why can't one just give the adornment depot access to ranks 3-10 and say no to 1-2, but I want all my members able to craft and have access to the harvest depot and the lore and legend, but I only want the raiders to have access to potions and poisons. I don't want applicants access to adornments, but I want them to be able to get to the raid food and drink...

Do you see what I am trying to explain? The current limits on the guildbank, keep the order and peace. Take away that restriction and it will cause issues. Imagine if there was never a limit on the guildbank tabs or that thye were set:
    Visitor (anyone, no limit!)
    Friend (ok some of you can get out stuff, no limits)
    Trustee (its mine I tell you! ALL MINE! oh sorry and those 2 officers there) :rolleyes:
  16. Pijotre Well-Known Member

So I don't own a guild hall (well actually I'm just to cheap to pay its rent), but it seems to me all the major problems could be solved if the amenities didn't use the access level but the member rank to decide what is allowed and what not. So Depots should give the following options for each rank to be set individually:
    a) Deposit items
    b) Withdraw limited number of items (setting a restriction similar to guild bank vaults)
    c) Withdraw unlimited number of items
    Food, Fuel and Harvest Depot only:
    d) Use items from Depot but no access to direct withdrawel (might be added to option b) )
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Yes, this... though I'm not sure how food depot plays into D, but a solid idea. :) That is ideally what I'd want to see--being able to set it by rank, just like I can set the various guild bank deposit/withdrawal/limits by rank.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

No level requirements that I saw, my little guild on beta is level 62 and I was able to buy them until I ran out of amenity slots. I purchased all but the fuel depot, I would have to level my guild up to get one, since I was at my limit.

I still think the guild beacon should be part of your guildhall purchase and not take up an amenity slot!

*guildchat somewhere on Norrath..*
    "Why can't we gate to the guildhall?"
    "Because it was either the beacon or a collection Depot, guess which won!"
    :p :p :p
    Cyliena likes this.
  19. Pijotre Well-Known Member

I can't find where I saw it posted but I think I saw a post somewhere that you can consume food and drink from the depot while you're in the hall (i.e. for crafting) thats why I included it under d). If thats not true then it surely doesn't need the d) possibility.
  20. Terrogaunt Developer

We actually did discuss adding further options into the housing access to expand upon these access types. The trouble is that we couldn't get it in before year's end. Changing the access system means everything from guild permissions for members to housing permissions for the peripheral people who are flagged as said permission. I was able to put in the withdraw functionality on pretty short notice, but changing the access types is going to take a bit more time for both QA and programming. It's not doable by the next update, but I will mark it down as something to seriously consider.

Additionally, we're playing around with logging on these depots but haven't decided how we'd like it represented yet. Once it goes in, that should address the issue Kuulei mentioned where you don't know who took out stuff.
    Calthine, Cyliena and Eshaac like this.