New Guild Depots - Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Ptraci New Member

This.
  2. Councellor Member

PROBLEM: Fuel depot doesn't accept some of the items sold by the Fuel Merchant. Items such as "Cocoa" and "Aerated Mineral Water" that are listed as "Handcrafted" won't go into the storage box, where items that are coded as "Uncommon" are allowed.

SOLUTION: All items sold by the Fuel Merchant NPC should be allowed in the Fuel Storage Depot box.

OPTIONS:
    1. Re-list all "handcrafted" marked items sold by the Fuel Merchant NPC to "Uncommon"
    2. Remove all "handcrafted" marked items from the Fuel Merchant NPC
    3. Re-code the Fuel Depot Storage box to allow those items specifically sold by the Fuel Merchant NPC to be placed within the storage box.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The items you mentioned actually go into the harvest depot, not the fuel depot
    Cyliena likes this.
  4. Councellor Member

Yes I know they go into the harvest box, but my point was - if they are being sold by a Fuel Merchant, they should go into the fuel box not the "harvest box"
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

So anyone else get robbed blind and have to shut down their depot?

"It seems that someone who had the appropriate permissions to remove these items has removed them from your Harvesting Depot. We cannot grant these back to you as these cogs were removed through intended game mechanics.
    I would suggest setting the access to your Harvesting Depot amenity to something a bit higher so that you can control who can remove items from this depot."

The depots worked fine until they decided to change the mechanics, now its to the point I will have to kick everyone from guild and make it my personal hall?

I have to wait until next event to even get what I lost.

I am too much of a so-called lady to use the adjectives currently floating around in my head of what I think of the team.
  6. Eshaac Active Member

Can we get any word on these depots? Like we are looking into changing them back or we are working on a fix. And any word on personal fuel depots and such for player homes.

Eshaac
  7. Bibbs Member

I have just read through this entire thread and am in disbelief after seeing how many times it has been repeated that the harvest depot is in dire need of restrictions.

I only realized yesterday that members could withdraw harvestables from the depot and I was convinced it was a bug and immediately petitioned and submitted a bug report - anticipating an immediate hot fix to this - from a guild leader perspective - very serious issue. To my surprise it turns out to be "an intended game mechanic". Neither I, nor my members who have deposited harvestables including valuable rares in the harvest depot, will risk that anyone - existing members or new recruits - can empty the depot, so something had to be done immediately.

The workaround we have chosen is to hide the harvest depot behind a custom made wall in the guild hall which is the only way to continue to allow members to craft and at the same time avoid theft since no access level permits crafting but not actually withdrawing. Members now deposit their harvestables in a guild bank that was cleared out to make space for harvestables which I have to move manually to the harvest depot behind the wall. It is nothing but ridiculous, and the fancy new features with "deposit all" of course can't be used by the members, so rather than an improvement, we were left with a problem and now a tedious and time consuming way of depositing harvestables.

From a post above this, I can see that someone has already experienced theft, however no help is to be found due to "intended game mechanics".

I have spoken with a number of guild leaders, the majority knew nothing about this change to access level affecting the harvest depot, and none of them were pleased, on the contrary it is causing quite a bit of upset. A number of guilds have decided right away to change access so that members can no longer craft while others have shrunk the depot and hit it under furniture or behind a custom made wall.

I strongly suggest that something is done, sooner rather than later since this is not an improvement but a problem that must be dealt with for the vast majority of guild leaders.

I am very sorry for the guild above that has been ripped off, and evenly sorry that SOE refuses to deal with the issue despite the numerous warnings of the potential problems with the change to harvest depot access.

I can only encourage everyone who wants to see this change, to petition, submit bug reports, submit feedback, and keep posting to this thread - at some point the complaints will generate so much work that it will be the more attractive solution to implement the needed changes to the access levels.
  8. Terrogaunt Developer

Okay guys, here's an update for you: I went ahead and moved the access restrictions off of the guild door (though it will set the withdraw access if you set it via door) and placed them on a per-container basis on the UI. When you open up the UI for them, you'll see a "Permissions" tab now that will handle the ability to change deposit access, withdraw access, and tradeskill usage. We have no plans of implementing a "partial withdraw" access, so if you plan on limiting it, you'll just have to have someone you trust withdraw for the person you don't. This should be going to Test soon and then Live once it's had adequate testing.
  9. Bibbs Member

Thank you.

Have to see how it actually works, but it sounds like a good solution.
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Thanks, that is likely optimal for these depots. =) What is the default rank for editing the permissions tab? My guild leader isn't on much so she's given my main (one rank below leader) access to tweak the bank settings tab--is it the same access to edit the permissions tab or will that be that leader-only?
  11. Eshaac Active Member

Is this going to be just a simple "yes" they can deposit to, withdraw from, use for tradeskill usage of the container or is it going to be something that can set at what rank they can withdraw etc... from the container? Like a tik mark for each choice? tik here they can withdraw, no tik here they can not deposit.. etc...

Eshaac
  12. Terrogaunt Developer

In order to update these, you must be a trustee or higher.

All of the values are "yes" or "no." Also, this goes based on housing access and not guild rank. The reason for this is that it's going to make it so housing crafting depots can also set their access usage to allow players with Friend access to craft with them and the like, which I think is a pretty nifty functionality for those of you who have houses just for crafting.
  13. Cyliena Well-Known Member

No issue there then, that's a relief, thanks!
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

So we could set it to:
    Visitor - deposit, no crafting or withdrawl
    Friend - deposit and craft, no withdrawl
    Trustee - deposit, craft, and withdraw

Then set guild levels to the desired access level via normal management tools. That about right?

And you said "them" - does this mean the fuel, collectables, ammo, etc depots will also have access tabs to be set individually? Well, except no "craft" option of course.

(Unless you decide to make it so we can 'use' collectables and L&L items from the box - updates journal directly to prevent folks from taking out a valuable one just to sell?)

And not to be a pain, but any new thoughts on collectables/L&L filters, to grey out/hide items we've already used? I remember you said there was a potential lag issue with 5k items being checked at once, but a checkbox/button so the choice to deal with the lag is in our own hands was suggested. Is that viable?

Or perhaps give the depots pages, like the broker has? I'm guessing here, but I suspect the broker only checks the items on the currently-shown page for usability, rather than the whole search at once. I say this because if I do a blank search on the broker (nothing entered, so every single item on the broker shows) I haven't seen lag issues. It'd give us a lot of pages to check, yes, but at least we could glance over each one quickly. Also, if the pages could hold, say, 50-100 items each instead of the 10 on the broker, that might help too. Basing page size on merchants, who can be carrying 100 or so items, and they will grey/red out things with no lag that I've noticed.

'Course if I'm completely off the mark in how these function or if they'd help, ignore my rambling.
  15. Terrogaunt Developer

Correct! The crafting/consumption dropdown will still show on other containers for the moment, since it's better to have it and not need then need it and not have it.

As for the filtering of items in the depot, I was actually thinking about collections and a "hide grey" today. I'm not sure when I'd get around to handling it, but it is on the list of depot alterations that we'd like to see. For the meantime, I've added a little debugging for me to use on the test server to see exactly how much lag we'd be adding, if any.
  16. Eshaac Active Member

When can we expect this update?

Eshaac
  17. Councellor Member

Thanks very much for the status update - Would SOE be willing to post an update (say in the UPDATE notes) when this goes live so the Guild Leaders can make their permission modifications please? We're just waiting with hope and crossed fingers this goes live very soon :)
  18. Eshaac Active Member

Ok, just tested this in HoT guild hall. Logged in set permissions on each depot container, then logged an unguilded alt in as visitor and all functioned as intended. I then demoted one of me alts to member, logged him in and all depots worked as set by permissions. None of the 2 alts I used to test these with could change the permission lvl's on any of the depot containers.

For me, all is working as intended. Thanks Dev's :)
    Eshaac
    Cyliena and Alenna like this.
  19. Councellor Member

Hopefully this will get pushed to live soon then ;)
  20. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ok on beta, I haven't tested on live, using the Deposit All: Treasured
    The dusts, which are by-products of making spells upgrades and from crafting with reactants, although marked as treasured, they are not dropping into the depot. I can manually place them or I can use Deposit All: ALL and they will go in.

The components for adornments drop in correctly. Just not the dusts such as Shimmering Dust