New "Good" God/Goddess...Will We Get One?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Raienya, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Raienya Member

I was looking at the deity list yesterday, and noticed that there is a bit of a discrepancy. There are 4 "good" deities, 5 "neutral", and 5 "evil". Does that mean SOE will be adding a 5th "good" deity? If so, I would love for it to be Erollisi Marr. My cleric had her for her deity in Everquest, and I would love to see her return to Norrath as a permanent deity.
  2. Jolemai Active Member

I suppose it depends what they do with Tunare?
  3. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, although Karana is listed as a Neutral deity, his altar matches that of the Good deities. (The other Neutral deity altars look like they are made from rough hewn stone.)
  4. Raienya Member

I noticed that on my carpenter when she made all 14 altars for a decorating project. I would still love to know who may be the fifth returning God/Goddess, though. Jolemai mentioned something happening with Tunare, any idea what that might be?
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I don't know. I know that Firiona Vie was supposed to be the Chosen of Growth (as Tunare is the Deity of Growth), but I don't know if the passing of Tunare's Chosen into the Ethernere will have any effect upon Tunare's power on Norrath. Maybe it means that she (Tunare) will just select another Chosen, I really don't know. If I remember, I'll ask one of the design devs at SOE Live this year.
  6. Anaogi Well-Known Member

SPOILERS (Highlight to read) : She gets better, thanks to the efforts of Norrathian heroes beating some sense into Drinal. So it's not an issue. /SPOILERS
  7. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Also, I need a better way to post spoilers. Some experimenting may be called for.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Is that lore that gets discussed in the raid portion? Because I don't remember the Steward saying anything about FV returning to Norrath at the end of the signature questline. When he took her place (as far as physically being where she was standing earlier), I guess I just kinda assumed that she'd passed on to the Plane of Growth.
  9. Brenlaun Member

When you beat Drinal in the Heroics, in the questline, he says something about returning all the souls that were taken early. Its been quite a while so I'm a little vague on the exact wording. My assumption was it included her, since I hadn't seen anything otherwise to contradict that. Though I believe her memorial in Gfay is still there after you complete the questline, so I dunno.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

SPOILER

During that portion she & several others are standing around the edge of the room & while Drinal is speaking about sending them back they flash with magic & disappear. So presumably he summoned them to him then sent them back where they belong or something to that effect. I didn't actually go back to the memorial with anyone who has finished the signature to see if she was still laying in there.

**just checked & yeah, Firiona is fine**
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

The building is still there after you defeat Drinal, but if you go in, she's not lying dead in the bed of flowers any more.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Ok. By that point in the Signature line, it was just me and one other guild member, so we just did the Advance Solo. And honestly, it was a bit late so I may have missed the part of the text where he explains it. If he does explain it as part of the AS (instead of just in the Heroics), I'll find out when I go through with my SK, who is currently lvl 93 (since I'm going through without anyone else to hurry me along so I can read the dialogue :p).
    Finora likes this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

It does it in the solos as well. That's where I saw it. I like it that way so I get to pay attention to all the text & stuff hehe
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Next time I'll make sure to do that particular part when nobody else is waiting on me to finish. (And where it isn't so late that my brain isn't really processing the info.)
  15. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Yeah, just drop by in GFay, she's there hale and hearty...
  16. Emissary Vex Active Member

I don't understand why we are supposed to worship the God's again anyway. They caused an apocalypse just to reduce our power. It seems like we should be rightfully be trying to kill them again; not worship them. It doesn't make any sense.
  17. Mixxit Active Member

were we wrong to attack them in the first place? :)

i mean fair enough we weren't evil trying to save zeb from the gods in the plane of time - but we also thought we knew better than the gods by trying to release him against their will - and killing them in the process to achieve that

so i guess you could say that maybe we should worship the gods again because they never would have caused the problems we had if we hadn't gone against their will
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You have to realize. Most of the deties in the game are borderline passive-aggressive. :p
  19. Emissary Vex Active Member

They had a council meeting and agreed to genocide; that's not what passive aggressive is
  20. Meirril Well-Known Member

They agreed to withdraw their power and cut off access to the planes *instead* of the more radical plans like destroying everybody and restarting or inciting holy wars. The gods realized what withdrawing meant to Norrath, and to themselves. The gods suffered for those 500 years as well. At least a few of them didn't make it.

And here we are 500 years later and we're benefiting from the return of the Gods. Lots of magics that didn't work when they were away have suddenly returned. And they are actually doing their jobs of watching over Norrath, and having us do the actual work of saving the world... ok why are we worshiping them again?