New Gear question

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Magic Missiles, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

Do the pvp merchants in Champion's have the new gear yet on beta server?
    Curious as to how the PVE/PVP separation is going, and about the new token costs.

Thanks Beta Tasters!
  2. Lethlian Active Member

They have not yet and tbh I'm not even sure if they will.
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything yet, but they said they are still holding some stuff back. How it can be tested properly that way I don't know, but that's SOE's decision. The whole thing is a bit odd, what with the expansion overall seeming extremely buggy still and nowhere ready to launch, and SOE refusing to allow preorders even if anyone wanted to do that. I hope they put AoM off until it's done and ready.

The only thing I saw for new gear was armorsmith and tailor recipes for three pieces of new MC L100 gear, the recipes for which are at the broker's, so apparently they're dropping. The stats on them seemed good but I have nothing of that level to compare to them yet so I don't know for sure.

At first when they mentioned a MC revamp-type thing going on for AoM, I was hoping it was a revamp for ALL of the MC, not just three new pieces for L100, period. But I should have known better. And even if it had been a full MC revamp, it would probably just be all messed up and buggy and never finished properly anyway just like everything else, let's face it.

The new zones are pretty, especially Brokenskull Bay, the Pirate area; I love the looks of it. But I really wish they would fix all the broken stuff instead of leaving it there for years while just pushing out more half-baked broken stuff. It makes me not even interested in EQNext anymore. Burn me once and all that.
  4. Schnooky Member

I get that we will be grinding for PvP adorns that have the toughness/lethality on them but Im still in the dark if we are getting a new set of lev 100 PVP gear in Champs Respite.
    I would think we would have to otherwise we will all be grinding PVE for lootz to adorn.
    Not a terrible thing really as I miss PVE, just want to know the deal.
  5. Luanne Active Member

The new MC pieces for level100 are as good if not better than the dread armor we currently have /shrug
  6. Pawder Active Member

I think the game is just not going to go the pvp way everyone has been hoping for. They made changes to the game to favor raiders and group pve. Pvp is there for everyone in that make believe world we call BGs.
  7. Lethlian Active Member

Ding! Ding! Ding! we have a winner.

They are removing Lethality and Toughness TM from gear and putting it on BLUE ADORNMENTS which can be attached to ANY GEAR, acquired from ANYWHERE...... AOM PVP will be owned and dominated by PVE geared RAID(ers) and Upper heroic gear PVE players.

BIS gear will be PVE gear without a question. IF you think this is going to be anything otherwise you are terribly wrong.
    Pawder likes this.