New Fury Issues Thread

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Meows, Sep 30, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Meows Guest

I've noticed that is been over a year since Feithen updated the post so im going to try to start a new one, and hope it gets read by the devs

Issue Summary: We have a base crit modifier of 1.2 now, really?Details: all the T1 dps classes have gotten a boost to their base crit modifiers to 1.5 to their primary form of damage, tanks got a boost to melee and taunts, and all priests get their spell crit modifier nerfed down to 1.2?! This is the worst change you could do to a dps priest class. Why did this get changed of all things to be below the standard 1.3, now base crits are getting to the point where its not even worth critting. There are going to be a large number of priests quitting or re-rolling because of this
    Issue Summary: Our mythical just sucksDetails: This 10 second proc only does anything if the mob does a melee attack on you. If this were to proc on any attack the monster does it might be considered more useful. As of now, it accounts for an insignificant amount of our healing, or any raid healing. Suggestions for fixing this could be changing it so when anyone hits the mob it heals them (this would mean lowering the amount it heals for to make it not overpowered). Or something like lowering the damage the mob does by 5% for the same 10 seconds. Now to add, the once decent 10% wisdom to all our spells has been changed from potency to ability mod, the effect is like swapping out one piece of gear now.
    Issue Summary: Wild Protection does basically nothingDetails:The amount of damage reduction gained from this is almost worthless, 2% is like a tickle when it comes to someone getting one shotted. 10% would be more appropriate to keep someone from getting one shotted, and if its an issue of the effect stacking, make it 5%.
    Issue Summary: Feast? whats that spell?Details:this had been changed so that when the mob loses 20% hp it will proc, still doesn't do enough to be worth casting, the heal is too small to really worth mentioning, otherwise its an 18 second stat buff.
    Issue Summary: Our debuffs are worthlessDetails:We debuff 109 agi and wis... and 49 to all casting skills, pretty worthless now since it does pretty much nothing to increase hit rates, or damage on mobs. Doesn't lessen the damage of the AoEs... so no reason for them, they just waste time to cast
    Issue Summary: Our Deagro means nothingDetails: A good fury can dps a good 7k, and we have 1 deagro with a 5 minute recast, but that will drop out hate by 1-2% for the hate, we need something with a couple hate position de-agro. 5k deagro is less then 1 nuke worth of damage, as well as the fact that it stifles people around us, doesn't even drop target like the rest of the priest de-agros
    Issue Summary: we run out of power too fastDetails: This has actually always been a problem, but we could compensate with a good illusionist. But their power regen was nerfed to oblivion. As well as power proc gear. Now our chanters get pissed off as they have to constantly power feed us to keep us in power compared to every other class.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Just adding a few things...

Our myth clicky sucks for the most part
    I can think of a ton of things this could be doing besides buffing other healers. It can be something useful on others but make it useful at least. The buff on other healers isn't a make or break buff by any means...and more on the myth, why not make lucidity use two concentration and hit the whole group? It would give us some of the hp buffing we so desperately need.
    Our debuffs are completely useless
    I think I've used maddening swarm for the interrupt maybe a handful of times since ToS released and don't even get me started on intimidate...
  3. ARCHIVED-carpe_caminus Guest

The Mythical proc in my opinion should cause the mob to heal whoever they are attacking for a small amount... basically negating a small portion of that damage. Just enough to help but not enough to make it stupidly over powered.

Lucidity is indeed worthless. I only cast it on myself and usually a bard. Anyone that truely benefits from INT, like mages, are already capped. The TSO AA for this buff is especially useless. It makes it so you can add an insignificant amount of HP to just ONE PERSON in your group. Even if you have someone in your group that could potentially benefit from that tiny bit of HP, the chances are that they'll still die to an AOE because the difference just isn't enough, so it isn't worth the AA points. One possible solution for the TSO AA being so totally useless for this spell would to be to have it add, instead of a small HP boost, a small base damage boost. 5 points in the AA could provide, say 2% base damage increase to CA's and Spells and make the spell castable on "Raid or Group Friend". I honestly don't know if 2% would be over the top or not, but crunch a few numbers and find a reasonable addition that would make it desireable without making it overpowered.

There's one BIG problem shared by Lucidity and Primal Fury. They're group only. I'm almost never in the group with an Assassin. He gets stuck into the group with a Dirge and a Plate healer (whichever is the one that has the melee buff... I never remember.) Even without an Assassin, it's fairly rare for the Fury to be grouped with a high melee DPS class. So, I generally give it to my group Troubador... which is a total waste, but better than putting it on a Mage. If Primal Fury or Lucidity were made to be castable on "Group or Raid Friend" that would actually make them worth casting again.

Fae Fire. Again, generally useless because Furies typically aren't stuck in melee heavy groups. When an average of 1 or 2 people are going to be meleeing in the fight in your mage heavy group, the amount of damage isn't worth the mana it costs to cast. There are two solutions to this. A: make it a raid wide buff, but exempt it (and only it) from proc'ing Infusion. or B: (the easier solution) Make it proc off of ANY attack. Then even mages could benefit from it.

Thornskin. This buff is simply broken. Upon inspection of the buff cast on another person (from their target window) the Warden spell Thorncoat shows to do much less damage than the Fury's Thornskin. Almost half as much in fact. However, when checking the parses, it does almost twice as much damage. Case in point, is that on my Fury, whether I cast the spell on myself or another person, it shows as doing 97-119 damage. The Warden's Thorncoat shows to do damage in the 60's at the high end. This is a huge difference, and would logically suggest that the Fury's Damage Shield is going to deal more damage. But, when checking the parse, the Warden one is criting for over 200 damage, and the Fury one is criting for only around 100 damage. On non-critical procs, it still does almost half the damage of the Warden version.
    The damage seems to be based off of the stats of the person it has been cast on, which is in my opinion faulty at best. But even still, despite the numbers shown on the spells, the damage of the warden spell is far overshadowing the Fury's spell by a significant amount, when by all logic it should be the other way around.

I agree completely that our heals are not the big problem but our Utility is. We can get our groups HP from red to green faster than nearly anyone else. But we can't stop them from being one-shotted by an AOE. I'm very hopeful that the upcoming changes will bring the promised improvements to our HP buffs. But one other problem with our utility is we literally have no raid wide buffs of any kind... even single target raid buffs. As of now, the only buffs we can cast outside of group, is our Damage Shield, which is broken, and our Mythical buff. Nothing else lends any utility to the raid as a whole. Nothing we can put on the Main Tank, or to buff an out of group DPS. Even wardens get a tree they can summon to heal the raid in range of it. Small things can make a heck of a difference.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meows Guest

I keep submitting bug reports about thornskin, as well as Primal Fury, if you have something like ancestry on you, that boost to the proc doesnt add over to the scout you put your buff on. Its more of a bug where its using the person's stats that you cast it on, not the fury's... its more of an annoyance right now that an issue. We just really need to submit bug tickets to SoE telling them that they broke thornskin.
  5. ARCHIVED-patrck17 Guest

First I'd like to say thanks to Meows for taking an initiative and creating this thread. I agree with everything posted here. Is there any way we can get the old thread removed or unstickied and to sticky this thread? Also maybe have the name changed to something that may catch the developers attention. "New FURY Issues! Aerilik look here!!!" or something. Other raiding furies ( I know you are out there ) should offer a little bit of feedback if you agree/disagree with what we have listed. It is imporant that the developers know that this is the voice of the fury community so that they can act accordingly. I hope the developers do take time to consider these issues.
    One more thing I really want to emphasize which may be easily overlooked is our healing stance. This is an aa line which will continue to be a basis for class balance in the next expansion and it is important that we make sure that it works in an appropriate way. Right now I do not think it does.

Fury heal stance: HoT duration reduction
    Unless you play a Fury this issue may appear very subtle. However I can assure you that the impact can be very large. Most of our heal stance is great, but the one issue it has is the HoT duration reduction. Basicly this shaves off 2 seconds of the duration of our HoT spells. It appears the intention of the heal stance is to improve the heal capacity of the fury to the level that is appropriate for TSO content. The problem is that the heal stance only reduces the duration and does not shorten the reuse. So basicly we do not improve how much we can heal, we only shift the heals into a shorter duration, increasing the amount of time our group goes vulnerable without a heal up. I know it can be easy to dismiss this as not an issue but please consider how this affects game play. Right now Autumn's Kiss's base stats are as follows: 3s cast time, 10s duration, 12s reuse. There are 5 ticks, which means every 2 seconds you get a heal tick. Anyways through AA we are able to get the duration of the hot reduced by 4s, making the entire duration of ticks = 6 seconds. We will have 5 total tics once every 1.2s. The problem is that after those 6 seconds we have about 4 seconds to wait until we can recast the spell, plus the time it takes to cast the heal (which is about 2s after gear/aa). That is 6 whole seconds of no heals on the group. That is plenty of time for spike damage to kill one ore more members of our group. If we have a troub in our group, which is often, we reduce the duration to 5 seconds (I think it is from the troubs harmonization, but correct me if I am wrong). So if we choose to use our heal stance (which is supposed to improve our healing to the level that post rok content is balanced) we leave our groups vulnerable to random AE's or spike damage for up to 7 seconds. This is likely a contribution to furies finding their raid spots being taken by other healers. We can combat this by not using our heal stance so our hots have a longer duration, however we have to give up all the other benefits of our heal stance, the heal stance which was intended for us to use to be balanced with the content. Please modify this to also reduce the reuse of our hot spells by the same amount as the duration. 7 seconds without any heal up is an eternity in raids, especially on the harder avatar encounters. For fury's with all TSO end game gear in raids with equally quality gear this issue may not cause much problem, but for a gearing up fury in a progression raid it definately does. In the future expansion if this stays the way it is fury's will continue to be impacted and sit out on progression raids until they and the raid are able to overkill the encounter with gear.
    Other healers please offer your opinions of this aspect of our heal stance whether you agree or disagree so that the developers can better understand if this is a real issue to focus on.
  6. ARCHIVED-Spritelady Guest

TBH I haven't had an issue with Autumn's Kiss and its duration too often. If my group takes a spike when waiitng on recast, Hibernation usually catches it or worst case I throw the standard group heal. My biggest gripe is that I had to take 5 points out of other useful things and put it into Lucidity just to give out extra HP buffs tot he mages. So the buff itself is actually a waste on them other than the HP, and I had to give up the INT and HP for myself to give to someone else as well as drop my Mit buff (not that it is anything to write home about).
  7. ARCHIVED-Meows Guest

i do kind of feel bad that i havent been pushing this, but i left the game for a while becasue i got angry at how badly the furys got screwed in a lot of aspects. Hopefully this catches some of the Dev's attention and we can get some of these changes to make the Fury wanted in a raid again
  8. ARCHIVED-Raiwon Guest

I agree with everything said here,please fix the fury,and make the class more tso raid friendly
  9. ARCHIVED-HBP Guest

Meows@Najena wrote:
    The Devs do know how badly druids need attention....they've already said that they will be brought up to "balance" with clerics/shamans by giving us higher HP buffs and changing our HoTs to "rollover" (at least these were the 2 things that were mentioned). But any changes that will be made won't happen till next expansion....and it still remains to be seen what changes will occur. Aeralik even mentioned that he has a good portion of the priest balancking all planned out but no time frame when they will happen. There was actually some discussion going on a couple months back but it's totally died out and most furies have either rolled other toons or quit. For the most part it's just a sit and wait period till next expansion.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meows Guest

i was talking it over with some people in my guild and he had some good suggestions to bring a fury back in line with the caster buffing healer. These are caster equivilant of the inquisitor buffs.

Give a fury the ability to increase cast speed of the group by 10% (similar to the inquisitor haste buff for scouts)
    Replace lucidity with the ability to proc damage silimar to illy buff, but instead of being 600 damage 50% of the time, give it 200 damage 100% of the time. (something sort of like the inquisitor dps buff)
    I would be willing to change energy vortex, give it up in replace it with a group base damage buff, of 20%. (to give a fury some desierable utility)
    Make our Master of the Hunt buff for 1000 hp instead of 406.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

• Maybe make feast a debuff on the mob that heals whoever damages the mob for roughly twice what it ticks for now. Give it a minute reuse timer. 20 second duration. Maybe have it temp buff hp to whoever hits the mob for 30 seconds...raidwide hp utility. Spell fixed. Or the power return option Meows said, though power doesn't seem to be a problem in a raid with enough chanters...
    • Remove the stun from Call of Karana...make it a root, even if it takes aas...we have worthless crap we could replace in our aa trees anyways. (this would be good for the stupid intimidate aa line in the tos tree...)
    • Intimidate would be a lot better if it debuffed double attack chances or crit chances of any mob.
    • Fix our thornskin and primal fury for chrissakes........
  12. ARCHIVED-arant Guest

The primary reason furies lost thier spot in raids is their inability to solo cure groups on all encounters in the game. Until they can make furies self-sufficient in curing, there will be no reason for a raid to want a fury over an inquisitor. They can fix everything else you ask for but it won't mean anything until they fix the curing issue.

What they need to do:
    Druids need equal curing capabilities as Inquisitors. (detrimental stuns screwed druids.)
    Druids needs group buffs worth something otherwise groups will still want inquisitors. (An ability to mitigate 1-shot AE's, added dps benefit)
    Inquisitors need improved single target healing to replace Templars in OT groups or inquisitors will end up being replaced by druids if the first 2 points are addressed.

IF they address the above then most end game raid setups can migrate to:
    MT grp: defiler/templar OT group: mystic/inquisitor DPS grp 1: warden, DPS grp 2: Fury Potential roster backups, 1 druid, 1 shaman, 1 cleric (Raid guilds would probably carry 9 healers.)
  13. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Think I heard rumor somewhere of all healers being brought up to par with inqy curing. Doesn't do much for us, but anything helps.
  14. ARCHIVED-Viany Guest

I checked the proc rate of Primal Fury when I last cast it on a scout. With the 5 AA I have spent in it, the proc rate is supposed to be 3.2 times per minute. But when cast on a scout, it went down to 2.x times a minute when looking at their buff window. 2.0 is the base trigger amount before the AA enhancement. Is this just a UI display error? Or is the enhancement not being applied to the person we cast the buff on?
  15. ARCHIVED-Meows Guest

it appears feral now scales based off the weapon delay of the person cast on. I have no idea how its supposed to scale, but im working on that, will edit my post if i figure it out
  16. ARCHIVED-Meows Guest

yep, its a bit on the stupid side, a 4 second delay weapon will have an 18% chance to proc per attack, a 2.5 second delay will have a 13.3% chance to proc. And i have a 1.1 second delay wepon, it has a proc per attack of 7.33%. A 5 second delay weapon has a 21.7% chance to proc.

It appears that it scales based closely off the equastion: proc percent is 3.4* weapon delay. I believe our AA gives the extra +5 at the end (+5%).

giving a rough estimate of 3.4* weapon dealy +5 = proc chance per swing
  17. ARCHIVED-Viany Guest

patrck17 wrote:
    I PM'd Kiara to get this stickied in place of the old one.
    Thank you Kiara for the quick change!
  18. ARCHIVED-patrck17 Guest

I wonder what will come of the druid balancing with the recent rumors of a certain game mechanics developer staffing change.
  19. ARCHIVED-<Preed> Guest

Lucidity: Useless.. Mages are at 1450 or so without it so I usually cast it on SK, troub or scout for increased poison dmg... Should get changed to boost base or crit spell dmg or something(everyones already capped on crit chance so dont even think about putting that on it)
    HP buffs: +406 I mean what the heck? Survivability of druid powered groups is just crap tbh.. Noone dies as much as the people that only have a druid in their group...
    Feral: Nice with the AA, however someone mentioned the 10% base CA AA has been nerfed and is no longer a static full-time part of the buff and only works when Feral is triggered.. Wish Feral used Conc. slots and could be cast on more than one person, especially with the nerf to the AA..
    Hedgehog, Call of Karana and Feast.. Dont really give a sh*t about those since I've never used them so I don't miss them now either...
    Debuffs: Indeed worthless.. Short duration and basically makes no difference.. I never use them..
    TSO endline heal stance: Doesn't do much for me, reducing the duration of the overtimes also sucks cause I already have the AA that reduces them by 1.5s and I don't want it to tick any faster unless I can get a reuse to match..So in that it puts a long gap between overtimes wearing off until they can be recast, it actually makes it harder to keep people alive with this on.. I never use this... An idea for this would be to add AT LEAST 10% bonus to reuse on heal spells, or at least Autumns Kiss and Regrowth, if we can match reuse with duration I would start using this.. However the easy way would be to just add 2 extra ticks to our overtimes instead, which would end up having pretty much the same effect in the end as shortening duration and reuse..
    TSO endline dps stance: The part where it increases cast speed for hostile spells is pretty much worthless, changes NOTHING on lightning bolt because I seem to be capped on cast speed for LB, Death Swarm and Tempest.. Wrath of Nature drops from 1.48 to 1.33s cast time and Starshower from 2.22s to 2.0, master strike 1.48 to 1.33.. The +20% longer cast times for beneficial spells means it nerfs infusion proc dps which actually lowers our dps.. I never use this stance either...
    Fae fire: Umm yea, using it sometimes to proc infusion but thats about all its good for...
    What do I think Furys need?
    SOE mentioned improving fury heals in the expansion, specifically mentioned was our overtime heals which they say will "tick over" into a pool which upon duration end heals person with least health in the group.. Ok fine sure whatever.. I personally don't think furys need better heals, only better utility/buffs to make it easier to keep people alive.. What we need is better hp buffs or a ward or something.. Instead of having overtime heals pouring over into some pool like they suggest, why not have it overflow into a type of ward with a maximum ward amount of let's say 2k? And the ward portion of the heals on a longer duration, maybe 15 seconds? (A ward is still somewhat useless if the duration of it is 8s and the recast 11.3, that leaves a window without any ward up for 3s+cast time(currently 2.36s for me)= 5.36s without that survivability.. I'm using my current numbers for cast times and reuses.. Im not uber geared, I only have 3 pieces of TSO T4 armor etc...
    Code:
    Increases Max Health of group members (AE) by 2000.
    Increases Mitigation of group members (AE) vs all physical damage by 1000.
    * If fighter.
    Increases Mitigation of group members (AE) vs all physical damage by 2000.
    * If Priest, Mage or Scout.
    Increases Max Health of group members (AE) by 2000.

Not fun having a really well geared troub with 5 pieces of TSO T4 gear etc get oneshotted 6 times on a raid encounter when another troub with half as good gear survives every aoe because he has a shammy or cleric to heal/buff..(no not because of failing to joust, just lack of hp/wards/reactives)..
    But I guess in TSO raiding there are alot of times you need 2 healers to get the groupcures required for some of the encounters, so solo healing as a fury happens less often these days...

A) I would like SOE to give us a ward, or change our overtimes into having an overflow ward-type part to the spells(which would be really cool if you ask me)..
    B) Upgrade our buffs that have been useless basically since around EoF when mages capped their INT...
    C) Fix our TSO endline stances to be useful..
    D) Fury DPS nowadays is pretty crappy.. If I maximize DPS and ignore curing my group from various detrimentals like arcane powerdrains and stuns/stifles etc, I can maybe put out 7-8k.. Meanwhile the wizard next to me is doing 18-20k.. Fury dps has fallen WAY behind in TSO... I guess not much to do about this since curing IS needed atm and it takes away time from casting nukes.. Btw I hear templars parsing as high as furys these days so LOL on fury dps..
    E) T4 set effects.. 2 pieces: is nice and what I would expect from 2 pieces.. 4 pieces: WOULD have been pretty nice, if the dot lasted more than 7 seconds.. Really hard to keep this going full time with all the more important things that need doing.. 5 pieces: Ok an overloaded heal type effect, while seeming nice, really is that all we get from 5 pieces of the set? 6 pieces: ok now LOL.. 8 spell crit bonus and 4 heal crit bonus.. Where are the useful really nice stuff that other classes get? :(
    Myth click effect: Caps SOMEONE ELSES heal modifier.. Ok fine.. Good for them... :p Wish I was an inquisitor tbh but I can't betray to one from fury.. :/ Myth clicky groupcure-all, uber dps buffs, hp buffs, reactive heals.. Yummy!
  20. ARCHIVED-Meows Guest

i always see people talking about wards, but what if, instead of giving us wards they gave us some thing that increases the bleed pool by 2,000, something like what shamans have, but better?

btw i dont ignore cures, or heals, and i can put out 7k on a fight like gynok. Just saying, the wizards arent the only ones that can look at maximizing their dps.

I feel like I'm the only fury out there that uses Hedgehog on some fights. We will occasionally have undergeared mages, and the extra 2k mit helps them survive a crit physical AoE. So i will time hitting it with tort shell being down, and can keep a wizard up 3/4 times on some fights.

We also already buff for 932 physical mit. If it upgrades next x-pac, we will probubly buff like 1132 mit (idk random number i made up)