New Frostfell Fun in the Marketplace!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Lera Well-Known Member

They tried that with the limited-time mounts - take a chance on the LON loot card, or buy the mount you want. People hated it and screamed about gouging and greed.
  2. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Let's face it...$20+ for a mount is not a micro transaction, that's more than a month's subscription. If prices were more reasonable, they could sell more.
    Feldon likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

And yet people bought mounts. That was a promotion aimed at the TLE servers, where no such mounts were available at any price. For those players, $25 not to move at a crawl maybe looked tasty.
  4. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about just one promotion, I'm talking over all.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Zukira Member

still waiting on the chestnut burber to be able to examine, let alone to turn into a burber wand
  6. Spindle Well-Known Member

I decided to risk a single Frostfell mercenary box and...TA DA got Mr. Sulky Gingerdread Archon, the rare, grumpy dude! This should be interesting lol.

Edit: Okay, I like him. He and his little gumdrop horde definitely help out my squishy ))
  7. ShyMidnight Active Member

Interesting, I just got a box on impulse, and got the Sulky one too. I'm off to the gallery to see how they look.
    Spindle likes this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

Well if the company is owned by a Russian investment group it still isn't going to change my mind about gambling real money. I don't like buying pigs in a poke.
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Simi New Member

The gambling throug tons of boxes, bags, baskets aint new, have anoied me for years. If i dont mind what what i get, i might buy one, but ill never pay for a chance ;) Its a kapitalist sceem, the Daybreak have learned it to well :/
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

why don't do both the random gamble packs , AND the piece by piece prized a little higher
    I played other mmos and that's how they did it you could buy what you wanted , for a prize or you could gamble for a lower prize
    Awkk likes this.
  11. Bazinix Member

Great now Give us a collection that lets us Be an Ice dragon >> I really want that the most.. An ice dragon Illusion.. NOt a pet illusion but an Illusion i can Roleplay with of that Ice dragon..
  12. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

They did that with the wreath bearer kittens and pups (though the rare from that pack, a baby dragon, was only available from the pack.) Since I wanted all the kittens and puppies, I bought one random pack because it was cheaper and I was guaranteed to get something I wanted, then bought the other pups and kittens individually at full price. But they haven't done that again since, and I can only believe that they lost money on it in the long run. I guess the number of people who will spend more money overall on small gambles is greater than those who won't gamble at all but will pay full price for exactly what they want.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I don't think these burburs offer petamorph wands. I bought one basket at 50% off, and I wasn't able to get a petamorph wand from it. Looking at the description in the OP, and the description of the burbur itself, it says nothing about being able to get a wand; I think that's specific to the collector's edition burbur from the new expansion.

And yes, that's why I bought one of these burburs, too. I really wanted to be able to use it as a wand AND a house item.
  14. Darln Active Member

The Chestnut burbur is not from the Frostfell burburs and yes they are suppose to turn into a petamorph wand. They were from the Nights of the Dead Burbur crate. I got 3 of them and the only one that does not is the Chestnut, mainly because for some reason you can't even get an examine window to show up on little Chestnut. Both Boo and Rusty are from the same burbur set and Boo works perfectly through all zoning, while Rusty (with his little pumpkin hat) wants to only play in the snow in Frostfell. Because of the snaffoo on the Chestnut burbur I am really hesitant about purchasing a Frostfell burbur.
  15. Zukira Member

The burbur set I bought multiples of, do offer the petamorph wand option. I have multiple discos and in some case world discos on them and/or the wands from them. The collector's edition burbur was simply the first one to offer the option, I skipped the NoTD ones that were newly released this year, because they didn't strike my fancy as something I'd use long term but there were some in the frostfell set released this year that I did think I'd use the appearance from long term.

There is a different one, that comes from the basket set that also has pups and kittens in it - that one was released last year, prior to the introduction of the wand making variety, and that one was not made possible to make a wand from. Chestnut, the one I mentioned needing fixed, is from the new set.

See image for highlights --> http://prntscr.com/9nfe0f
    Darln likes this.
  16. Darln Active Member

When I purchased the burbur set and right clicked on the bag icon, that's exactly what it showed and said. Hopefully they will get Chestnut fixed soon. I hesitated to buy any of the frostfell burburs due to the issue with Chestnut :(