New Forums, New Structure!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    "Events" will be player, guide, in-game - the whole shebang.
    ~Dexella
  2. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Dexella wrote:
    why did you guys arrange for a redname only-kitchen to be installed there and hired a subpar chief that gave him food poisioning on the side with seafood?
    as for the server specific forums they can give people somewhere to look for server specific things like a thread listing tradeskillers/adventurers happy to help people as well as communicating planned events and or gatherings for difficult quests etc
    take a look at the testers only forum on threads that have nothing to do with comminicating with rednames/reporting issues for an idea how server specific forums might operate.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I don't really care as long as these new forums actually LOAD! and do it quickly.

I'm sorry, but for years these current forums have been HORRIBLE! Half the time stuff doesn't load, becomes unresponsive, and its just terrible! Sorry SOE, but these current forums performance (in both loading and in the search feature) suck big time!!!

So as long as the new ones quickly load and the search feature actually works, then I'll be happy.
  4. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

It would be pretty nice to have three additional sections added.
    One for "Bugs" which would make it so much easier for both players and devs to be aware of bugs.
    One for "Images" so that people can show of EQ2 screenshots (I don't know if the new forum will support image uploads though, like most modern forums do nowadays).
    And the most importand one, a forum for "player videos" for us who like to make EQ2 videos.

One separate for SoE trailers would be nice too. Who is making all the official EQ2 trailers anyway?

Would be nice to find that stuff easier.

Or at least make them sub-forums in another of the big forums. Please? :3

(And I heavily disagree to merge forums into fewer, bigger ones. It will only create chaos and unability to find what you are looking for. Sub-categories exist for a very good reason.)
  5. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

I don't see any mention of international (localized) forums.
  6. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Will the new forums allow you to reply properly on your phone browser? Currently, regardless of the browser, I can only use quick reply, so I can't quote.
  7. ARCHIVED-Uwkete-of-Crushbone Guest

Mohee wrote:
    Hnh! I myself have never had any issues with the forums loading quickly (the game itself, now, and while inside...ask me about my FPS [or not, if you don't want to see a grown kitty cry; getting double-digit FPS is like a perfect day on holiday and is very rare]); if Search has to wade through a ton of articles and brings up several dozens of thousands (usually because I hadn't been specific enough), I can understand its hesitancy. I've rarely had trouble finding what I want, eventually, if it's there. I just hope these improvements aren't too fancy for my old 1.5Gb RAM XP to handle. :-/
    I am a bit concerned about some of the "missing" Support Forums, though. And if we could upload screen shots directly, rather than having to go through a file-sharing site (PhotoBucket, etc.), I'd be a happy kitty.
    Given all that, I should peruse my old entries, especially any questions I had, and double-check to see if they've been answered... ;->
    EDIT: Ooh! One more thing...it's been so long since I actually registered to post on the forums (way back when, when great wooly mammals ruled the Earth), I'll probably need a refresher course...nowadays, I login with my Station info, but after that, will there be a nice, simple walk-through for us old farts to get us through the new process? ;->
    Uwk
  8. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:
    After you login (will be just like here) it will ask what you want your forum handle to be. That's it! You can check out the process over on the EQ1 forums: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php
  9. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    That link just leads to a maintenance page for me. I'm sure it's been asked...but is there no reservation for handles. First come, first serve taking names that we've gotten used to over half a decade?
  10. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    That is truly ugly
  11. ARCHIVED-Uwkete-of-Crushbone Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    Thanks! I'm sure it'll work more smoothly once everything's been hashed out on Friday (crossing fingers). Friday, when? 12:01 am PST, or like 8:00 am after an hour downtime to establish it all, or...?
    And will there be some way to get back here to Ye Olde Pages to see the read-only stuff still? I imagine so ... and for those concerned about getting/keeping their old handles, I understand there's a way to contact tech support about it, especially if there seems to be someone delibrately claim-jumping for nefarious purposes.
    Uwk
  12. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Once we have registered our new handle, we will be able to post as character name as we can swap between currently?
  13. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

So when will the proverbial switch be flicked? Well, I guess it's not the 9th yet in SoE land. 30 minutes to go LOL.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Uwkete-of-Crushbone wrote:
    Temporarily. I believe on EQ's they said they'd keep the old ones up for at least 2 months. edit: Ah, here it is for ours, same thing:
    Dexella wrote:
  15. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

So when is this happening today?
  16. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

When they get around to it :)