New Forums, New Structure!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Hi everyone,
    As we excitedly announced last week, we are getting new forums for EverQuest II! One part of this transition to the new forum system is making some changes to the current forum structure.
    Our official forums serve many purposes. They’re a place for our players to gather, chat, and make friends. Players socialize, build community, share stories and screenshots, and much more. The forums are also a place for SOE and the EQII team to share big news and exciting announcements. We use these forums to ask questions and to gather important feedback from you, our players, on anything and everything that’s happening in the world of Norrath.
    While our current forum structure has served all these purposes to a certain extent, it has room for improvement – and that’s what we’re doing! We’re restructuring the forums in order to improve communications.
    By having well-organized forums, we’re able to better participate in dialogue with you, and it’s easier for you to talk to one another. We’re hoping to accomplish this is by consolidating a number of the forums as well as reorganizing where certain topics are housed.
    We’re very excited for this upcoming change! Below we have provided a preview of how the forums will be structured when they go live on Friday, November 9th. Understand that these forums are part of an evolutionary process. Going forward, we will make adjustments if or when it is necessary for our game and our community.
    Thanks! Looking forward to Friday!
    ~Dexella
    NEW EQ2 FORUMS:
    The Norrathian Herald
    • News and Announcements
    • Game Update Notes (Live)
    • In Testing & Test Server Updates
    • “The Monster Blog” (Art, Look and Feel)
    • Support (4 subforums; listed below)
    General Tech Support Questions
    Performance Support
    Connection Support
    Account Related Support

EverQuest 2 Discussion
    • Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion
    • General Gameplay Discussion
    • PvP & Battlegrounds
    • Tradeskills
    • Classes (4 subforums; listed below)
    Fighters
    Mages
    Priests
    Scouts

• Events
    • History and Lore
    • Guild Recruitment
    • Dungeon Maker
    • Roleplaying
    • Norrathian Homeshow
    • Off Topic Discussion
  2. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

That should say "The Monster BLARGH!" :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

One last try .. Norrathian Homeshow has grown beyond just showing off decorated houses and tips for decorating because of so much that has been in the realm of housing to the game. I think there should be a separate section for housing and dungeon mechanics, ui issues, bugs , editing etc. in the gameplay section of the forums.

And a Station Cash Marketplace issues and ideas section.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Cloudrat wrote:
    Hey Cloudrat,
    Thanks for the feedback! Splitting the Homeshow forum is an interesting idea, but we're working hard for less categories/division rather than more. Too many boards thins the conversation out, and that's what we want to avoid.
    It is something to consider, though. It won't be live for Friday's launch, but I will keep it under advisement for if/when we do our next update! Same with the SC idea.
    Thanks!
    ~Dexella
  5. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

Can Homeshow at least get moved up some instead of being way down there on the bottom of the page with Off Topic? Maybe just below the classes section or something?
  6. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

Player studio section? Where would that go? Other than that I like it a lot. Just hope it is faster and more reliable than the current.
  7. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

No server forums?
  8. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Avianna@Butcherblock wrote:
    The Player Studio forum is housed on our Station forums, since it applies to multiple games: http://forums.station.sony.com/stat...category_id=116
    ~Dexella
  9. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Knock, Knock, Knock, Penny
  10. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Class forums combined? That should be fun for the mods. Obviously there was some cross-traffic before, but it's going to be interesting seeing how it works out when 1 specific class is trying to discuss something now.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Zorastiz@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Nope.
    Again, this is how we're launching on Friday. We may make adjustments down the road, if they seem like they will serve a solid purpose for everyone. Send me a PM and let me know what you think the server specific forums could add.
    PS - nice TBBT reference.
    ~Dexella
  12. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

Dexella wrote:
    I just love that show, I'll PM you today atsome point!
  13. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

The player studio should have a place in the each of the games forums, that is gonna suck to have to constantly swap forums and surf posts of free realms stuff I am not interested in.
  14. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

REQUEST: Please include a search box that allows us to search our computer for a photo. Having to screenshot, host a pic and come back here to share the screenie is a major pain in the buttocks!
  15. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

what he said ^^^^^
  16. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

For now, we can use prefixes [EQ2] [EQ] [Vanguard] [FR]. Do you think there will be enough traffic to justify separate forums?
  17. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Where will all the sig makers and fan artists go? And will all the current posts be transferred, or will we need to save copies of what we want to preserve before Friday?
  18. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Only one I'm confused about at the moment is the Art/Look & Feel one. Seems odd being under Norrathian Herald.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    This is going to be a special blog-like forum specifically for people to interact with the Devs on the Art team. Hence ttobey's initial comment that it should be called the art BLARGH instead of blog.
    ~Dexella
  20. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Hrm, no section for Player Events?

That makes me sad face.

Edited to add: Oh wait, I see Events .. I suppose that's it?