new extension is the worst

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, Feb 11, 2018.

1. juliette06 Member

i play EQ2 since 2004 and i do think EQ2 is closed to death.. because the last extension (Plane of prophecy) is too "small"ans repetitive ...compare to the other (sinking sand or velious or kingdom of sky,rise of kunark etc etc..it is my point of view..such a great game is now closed to die..only public quest to try to enjoy the game ..or raid but if u don't like to raid ot PQ you are very very bored playing EQ2
    Kalika, Mizgamer62, Meneltel and 5 others like this.
  2. Peter New Member

Sorry you feel that way, I happen to like the expansion... All these forums are so negative and unhelpful... People post who have even left the game and just keep banging on about why they left... If you have left don't keep posting just get on with your lives...
    Helpful posts about what changes to our AA's or gear for each expansion is much more appreciated rather than just saying "Is is ****"
    Just saying...
  3. Tupperbeast Active Member

It is their opinion that you do not like the game, there are many players who say the same thing or do you think that many end gamers are very happy with what Daybreak is giving us for their paid money, I also respect your opinion that this is yours Game like it clear who loves it beautiful bunch and cheesy because POP will like.

I think what the person said above but that the addon was just kept too small and also many times we like to put it like that, renovations are simply terrible or partially useless. So let's give you an example of a lot of items. Gear items are values that do not matter anymore, so why not try a new clean step here. Many Strats scripts are totally broken for some classes which are difficult to do in POP, why it has to be said that maybe the DEVS have no plan for the game and their mechanics more and more bugs Errors or exploits exist in one error plays in the other.

I can understand the people who are annoyed or annoyed about POP, we paid a lot of money for an unfinished product and now we take this awful new Crafter timeline with it which shows that here zero development of the team goes on or with new ideas
    shine points should be set or want.
    What's the point for all this, always saying we have a small team, no one really helps anyone, the team wants to change, it has to finally learn to wake up and connect with the community and work otherwise they can start the game soon
    because hang nail.

What does the game need: A basis between players and devs, good and, above all, new ideas.
    New items that correspond to the values, very important for this is the class balance that finally has to take place and that means tank is tank only, DPS is just dps, healer is just a healer, and finally the support classes that deserve the word support and not for
    many have to be considered as DDs.
    And what is also important is stable hardware and software that allows everyone to play clean because here is also a massive negative facial point to see under Daybreak because the servers are serviced sloppy.

But it will also be important for the other player to also give them a chance to help them and show the game and train them in the zones, if someone does not want this case another one but there are many who do not want to get the chance because of them the current player base will be excluded because the values ​​for the zones do not fit, we should not forget all we have all started small and big stopped. Also, some Raid players should also sometimes their ego back and do not always think they are the best strong and the class over dps shows new or weaker ways what they can change and leave your comments stuck where the sun rarely seems that would help more. I know many of these cases on Thurgadin where people no longer dare to search for a group because they do not feel like doing so anymore. Respect should all have to each other no matter what age or standing in the game.
    Kalika, Mizgamer62, Whiomaju and 5 others like this.
  4. Nuada Active Member

i Agree 100%, its just a pity, i like Raids and all that Stuff but, without PVP i can not enjoy it.

I have played since 1 Beta Day, but now since ~2015 not more. (but 3-months TLE PVP for me i find it better i get tokens and can buy gear after a time and get hunt titles and BG) ...And my wife and all me friends play also not more.
    just because they are too lazy if they create any new addon to add also 3 new pvp armor sets. The last we need 3-6 months for farming, worked for SOE all the last of it time, I see not the problem.
    But its ok maybe in the future he sell EQ2 to a other company that does more for EVERQUEST2 !!

Meneltel likes this.
  5. Unayan Active Member

I don't know you, you don't know me. So I don't think you are qualified to say if I don't raid or do PQs I have to be bored. I don't raid or do PQs, I'm a soloist & totally not bored. If I was bored I certainly wouldn't still be paying for a membership. I agree with all the others about the negativity on these boards.
    Spindle likes this.
  6. Ogdinmar Active Member

TBH I really like this xpac. I think its got a lot of content (with more to come through GUs) than even last xpac had. As for being bored I feel more overwhelmed because there is way more to do this xpac through missions and daily quests. Plus the alt friendliness is amazing especially if you are a raider. You basically get free raid armor for alts.

The game itself isn't as close to death as people think. People just think that because it has had to change its style over the years to accommodate the evolution of online gaming in the mmo genre. Games evolve and that sometimes means not everyone is going to evolve with them. If you don't like it, that's your choice. However, you cannot compare the game now to velious or previous xpacs because the game was a very different game then. Just like the game then was very different form the game at launch. Ownership isn't as much of the issue as the game evolution is. Yes the early years were great for their time, but the smaller overland zones of today isnt a thing that this game does to save constuction time. Its a thing all games of this genre have moved towards because its for a society that doesn't have time to run through the vast open fields to do quests.

Does the game still need a little TLC? Sure but all games do. This game franchise is going on 20 years old and the fact that it is still running says the game is evolving well, especially since many MMOs have come and gone with claims of causing this one to fall. Though I'm not saying it couldn't be better, I have my own issues the game but who doesn't wish a few things would be different.
    Ravenlook, asherlayi and Spindle like this.