New Expansion to bring Sub-class specific abilities. Guardian and Berserker AA's will Split

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Silelwen, May 2, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Halcat Guest

LOL, too funny :smileyvery-happy:
    Thanks, you just made my day!!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-Halcat Guest

Which is why 9 out of 10 Berserkers don't even put this usless p.o.c. CA on our hotbar.
  3. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

The problem I see with quite a few berserkers is they really want to play berserkers as a guardians. You guys can't all be n00bs who rolled your character after LU13 right? Right now, Berserkers in EQ2 are out of touch in the realm of definition that is a Berserker. Berserkers aren't supposed to be main raid tanks, but they are in EQ2... They weren't before LU13 though... Maybe this was intentional... But Berserkers being main raid tanks is out of scope for the definition of what a berserker is supposed to be based upon Lore and previous examples from other games, including this games predecessor EQ1.

So, don't be surprised if they take more of our ability to tank away with each patch when it comes to raids. And don't give me this bullcrap that we are losing our power to tank, even a monk could tank a balanced group. We aren't going to lose so much tank effectiveness that we are picked over for a group tank. There is one hell of a large difference between being the raid tank and being the group tank. Expect SOE to continue to lower our tanking ability to where Guardians have to tank raids, but Berserkers will still be great group tanks, just like they can be in EQ1 and other examples.
  4. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Halcat Guest

Message Edited by Halcat on 05-05-2006 11:16 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

I'm not going to continue to debate whether Berserkers are done right, but I will say one thing, a game is based off Lore. Also 725 must be your account age, not played as that is my account age also.
    Message Edited by Silelwen on 05-05-2006 06:16 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Epyx Guest

oh god please don't dig up these ridiculous berserker lore, non eq, class profession discussions again. what was supposed to be is what it is now, if you don't understand that last statement thats how jumbled up these zerker lore only, from launch beta things are, annoyingly confusing and worthless.

and wth is up with digging up posts from months back, so far i can barely count them on hand to try to disprove, or prove some1 wrong or whatever, whats the use. Statements and assumptions are made, sometimes for the better sometimes spot on, sometimes dead wrong.

imo these sub-class only achievements in the next expansion will not be offense only for us. It'll be a varient of the current system, but will be 60/40 in favor of offense, while the guard class will be the other way around, nearly equal but favor 60/40 in favor of defense.

if would probably turn out that a fully spec'd out defense zerker would equal a guard who went half and half and a fully spec'd out offensive guard would equal a zerker who spec'd half and half, but there'd be a big enough margin comparing a fully spec'd out defense zerker and a fully spec'd out defense guard and vice versa.
  8. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

Well honestly, this is a predecessor to EQ1, it's based off EQ1... lol you gotta be pretty stupid to make the game not resemble it, at least class wise...

Now I'm not saying the devs are stupid, but it's obvious all the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] people say why berserkers are why they are, is because the game was rushed out. If the game wasn't rushed out, then who was stupid enough to make the printed manual wrong? I mean give me a break, you can argue me until your nose bleeds and your heart bursts, the game is pretty fooked up.
  9. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Exactally, ive voiced my opinion, i may be wrong i may be right, not saying what im saying is set in stone and i know what they are doing, but i can tell from previous changes that this is the direction we are going to go.
  10. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

Well don't people always complain about not being unique? If their going to give uniqueness in the game, it means people need more clear and defined roles. Honestly I think they should make some raids that have to be tanked by berserkers, and some that have to be tanked by guardians. But as it goes, a skilled raid force can roll in with one or the other and get things done.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Rofl, probably the funniest posts I've ever read :smileyvery-happy:
  12. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Thats exactally what i would like to see also, diversity, different formation being able to be used with different thought and frames of mind.
    I have this uncany feeling that they are going to revert back to some of the old EQLive roots and you will probally see Paladins and Guardians become the better tank classes in the game. While we will probally remain a tank / DPS hybrid more or less, i dont think Tanking will be our main focus on raids, unless of course they begin to design content around specific classes. If they were going to go this direction though, they would of already done it or at least began to design encounters around certain classes already, which they havent really seeing any Plate class tank can basically tank any encounter in the game, some more effciently then others of course.
    It will be very intresting to see where they go with this i do hope something unquie comes from it Sub - Class wise.
  13. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Exactally, and thats what me and Silelwen are trying to point out, that the disparity will grow between us and Guardians as time goes on.
    Message Edited by -Aonein- on 05-07-2006 03:36 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Florin Guest

LOL...been reading some of this Silelven guy for a while..sooo funny.

Did you guys know he was 100% crafter in EQ1? Did you guys know he is 100% crafter in EQ2? He only leveled his zerker in between combines..never raided, well, here and there..

Sorry, but i find it funny how a crafter tries so hard to make his opinions matter.

Dude, stick with crafting, you are good at that...but please please please..dont talk about the zerker class, you have NO idea what you are talking about.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

I hope they dont mess with our defensive capabilities. I happen to enjoy MTing on raids. To take away access to our defensive AA's and make us go straight DPS is [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. If I wanted to be straight DPS I'd roll a scout or summoner.

Initially I went with the STR line as my zerker and did tons of dps via crits etc. I've now respec'd AA's and max'd out the WIS line and some of the STA line and am loving the extra hps/mitigation. They can't make huge fundamental changes to well established classes this late in the game. Talking about giving zerkers chain only and such stuff is utter nonesense. Making us secondary tanks to Guardians is also equally unacceptable. We are of the same archetype and should both be stellar plate tanks.
  16. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

You know what Portos, I got nice little post done up just for you, but I really don't want to be an [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. It involves things like 11plate tanks on a raid, my parse figures on raids, my raid attendance, and how carebear eq2 is that a crafter can be a godly raider, oh and it also talks about exchange, eq2risen.com domain lookup info, paypal account info, etc. If you wanna play, we can. Otherwise I would appreciate you not insult me as if you know me and my playstyle. You were long gone before I started raiding... So yea, your insults don't fly. But be glad that I'm not as big an @$$hole as you, but if you want I'll bring it.
    Message Edited by Silelwen on 05-06-2006 02:39 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

lets not assume. id rather wait to see exactly what we're getting, then argue about whether we think it's right or wrong.
  18. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Good call, i can agree with that.
  19. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

You don't have to worry, only Silelwen and Aonein hope this will be happen because they picked the wrong class, but it will never happen.
    You can quote me after the NDA for the next addon is lifted Aonein :smileywink:
  20. ARCHIVED-Silelwen Guest

You know, I really could careless how this game goes as far as my class. I have pretty much written off the adventure portion of the game and currently have no plans of buying another expansion from SOE. My long-term plans were going to be Vanguard, but now that SOE has picked em up... I don't know. I know I would of enjoyed my class alot better if it were more melee DPS. And I picked berserker based off beta experiences, manual, strategy guide, eq1 experience, etc. I admit, I should of rolled a brawler... But that's because I didn't realize I was getting into a Guardian-wannabe class. Take careful notice that no top tier raiding guild rolls with a berserker, even though they definitely could to win. The differences now, will be much more plan the farther along the expansions get, if you don't want to realize this, that's fine. I'm just stating my opinion, and you yours. I do whole-heartedly believe that berserkers will continue to evolve, and even though 9 out of 10 berserkers supposedly won't use juggernaut, the dev's aren't listening...

This is probably the reason why Vanguard, last I heard before SOE got involved, was going to have no live forums. The dev's have their vision, whether it's right or wrong, it's what they will do. I was totally dissatisfied how they approached berserker after LU13, many were happy though so yea... It really is a pointless argument, but it doesn't stop us from arguing it =)