New expansion prestige home - WOW

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Momo, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Momo Well-Known Member

Good graces, have you guys seen this?? Aside from the totally amazing place, they give us WATERFALL building blocks, how cool is that!?

Ha, first little thingy I gonna do with this: The breakout in Maj'Dul lets you jump down from the roof through that skylight into your flat (cant climb out though, there is an invisible ceiling - total pity that!) I got a roof terrace garden up there - I'm going to add a little pool wich waterfalls down into my very-recently-decided-soon-to-be bathroom below that skylight, methinks. So awesome, really looking forward to this!! Head diving down a waterfall into my own bathtub, yea. RL just sucks :D

How about you?

Ah, btw: Does anyone know if there is something like a falleable-through watery kind of tile? You know, to make a water surface that you _don't_ walk on? (I /bug reported those crafteable basins where you stand atop the water surface. Told them, afaik only Jesus is allowed to walk on water. Didnt work - well I tried :oops:)
    I found a rooftop in Maj'Dul that would make an awesome infinity pool - nicely mediterrean tiled, high up, great view above the sea - totally perfect, I just need some convincing watersurface...

Errrm....that gets me to something. Say, has anyone an idea how difficult it would be to add something like blocks of swimmeable water? Do you think thats totally impossible or could I maybe very very kindly ask if something like that could be made? I wouldnt want to ask for things that are impossible (or unreasonable work load, I am aware how thin-staffed they are.) Do you have any idea?
    But somehow this new home totally triggers cinema in my head... I've seen a breakout in Halas, guy build an Ice Palace below the ocean, completely swimmeable. Craziest thing. Just imagine what we could do if we put the "swimmeable" around stuff...

And I'm so sorry that this post might feel as if I totally neglect all the real awesomness the Devs have put into the new Xpac. Thats not my intention! Im just so lowbie that I usually cant use the new things and zones and all. Doesnt hinder me from bying the CE at all - ha, they put WATERFALLS init :D

What I really mainly wanted to say: THANKS DEVS!! Promise I will try to explore what all else you made - but happy from the start, so just thank you ^^
    Alyndrys, Cyrrena, SierraDawn and 2 others like this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I bet there will be more people buying collectors editions of this game just for the waterfall stuff. I am uploading the video now for those of you that won't be preordering to get into beta. Sorry if I was all rambling and forgetful in this video. I recorded multiple times too. Going to take a bit to upload so the link below won't work immediately.

House Preview of Deepwater Retreat Prestige House for Chaos Descending Expansion (Collectors or Premium Editions)
    Elyria, SierraDawn, Alyndrys and 4 others like this.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

A waterpark . . . . with the different level platforms being concession stands and games.
    Alyndrys, Momo, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  4. luminosa Active Member

Momo, water is one of the more difficult things to code in video games. I feel like there was a water item that could be swam in... maybe one of the Elven Bath things off the Marketplace or the Communal Hot Tub? I may this confused with some ingenious builder who was able to drop one of these items directly into a pre-existing water material in a home.

I suddenly just came up with an excellent idea for a spa house! Decorating time!
    Alyndrys, Momo, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You may be remembering that, Luminosa, though I haven't bought the Elven Bath stuff, so I couldn't say.

Momo, you're only about the most recent person to ask about such things! I know I've been hounding the devs for years on this, and undoubtedly there's folks that have been doing so for longer. I can tell you this: there are water items that can be sat/laid down in, such as the various pools and whatnot (pretty much all the "barfing griffins" can be made deep enough to drown in, if the water "worked," and the half-size moonstone pool, the one that's a Wall item rather than a Floor item); do we have a house somewhere that has those on display?

There's also the Tapestry of the Steam Lord, which has a rippling "water" effect that you can walk through, but it's also a Wall item, usually hanging vertically, and while it can be tilted to lie horizontally (it's tricky, but doable), it's also got a HUGE STUPID HANGING THING full of lit torches, stone bases, and other idiocies at the top of it. The only reason to have such lighting at all is to help folks pick out the design on a tapestry visually; THERE IS NO DESIGN. It's a bunch of water falling in a flat sheet. Literally. There's a modest wooden doweling right under the Huge Stupid Hanging Thing, which would be perfectly fine for hanging a tapestry whose design isn't there. ;->

And it would make the entire decorating community, I think, very happy indeed. ;->

Uwk
    SierraDawn, Alyndrys, Momo and 2 others like this.
  6. Momo Well-Known Member

Thank you all for explaining! I was really afraid so, that this is difficult (with the actual staffing meaning: impossible) to do - not too unexpected but really such a pity.

I remotely remember (is that right for a "long gone and hazy memory"?) fiddeling with that tapestry Uwk mentiones. Was it something about putting it ever so slightly off the even angles? I don't really remember anymore. Only thing that stuck is much feeling of annoyance with this thing and the fact that it definitely is'nt placed in any of my houses ^^
    (By the way, I copied down the term "barfing griffons" for future use and reference, if you so allow :D)

Oh, and luminosa, would you post that Spa House of yours, pleaseplease!I I'd really like to see.

(I'm a bit stuck with a project in the mages tower in FP at the moment and dont want to get frustrated.So I thought I'd just like to fiddle with unconnected ideas that might or might not turn out to be cool, but don't have to extend to the building of complete - full - perfect - homes: You know what I mean, you got this sometimes, too? Maybe I'll distract myself with trying to build a waterslide or something... only place in da world I could put a looping innit! Yea, no use, it will not really work - so what! You ever seen a waterslide with a looping? There. It will distract me for sure ^^)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If I am thinking what you are saying, I have a "barfing griffin" placed outside in my hall. When you get a minute Uwk, if I am on, give me a shout and I will have you come to my hall and see if it is indeed the "barfing griffin".

As for the "huge stupid hanging thing with torches" you are not thinking romantically. Depending on how they face when you place the tapestry horizontally, the could be used to heat the water in your pool, or they could be a setting feature for making your pool into a romantic place to be, fire light, water, a bit of wine, snacks, and you would have an instant romantic destination. Place your wine glasses or brandy snifters on the wooden part of the "huge stupid hanging thing with torches" and voila you have warmed brandy!!!

I know, I am old and would never utilize any of these things, but for some reason your now trademarked descriptions have put my mind to envisioning it in a romantic way instead of an "elk clashing in the woods" type of way. Sorry, that is my trademarked description of something else.
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Momo like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For me, the "barfing griffins/griffons" (and yep, feel free to use that! I can't guarantee the devs or Art Dept. won't get annoyed, though... ;->) means things like, according to www.EQ2Furniture.com (a fine site!) under the category Pools:

A Dragon Head Fountain (okay, so that one isn't a bird head...)
    A Griffin Fountain of Justice (three! :D)
    [Marketplace] Elven Bath House Fountain (okay, so that's another that isn't a bird head, and it's not connected to a tub unless you buy that, too; good for a generic water effect if you can bury the head, I guess :D)
    Far Seas Fountain? looks a bit shallow, and it's a barfing (or spitting) sea horse instead
    Pool of Reflection looks like a drooling Erudite head (not a lot of water projection arc); not sure how deep it is, but it looks like a lot of the other oval-ish pools
    Pristine Acrylia Griffin Fountain; definitely one I think of when I'm thinking "barfing griffins"
    Pristine Round Acrylia Griffin Fountain; ditto, though this one might be shallower, depth-wise, and it's so, indeed, round, that I'm not sure you could stretch out comfortably in it for a nice good soak. I may be wrong, but I usually make the regular, oval one instead when decorating.

Oh, and I think the Castellum Bathtub (Marketplace) and Communal Hot Tub (ditto) are also able to be entered, water-wise, though you can't practice your Not-Drowning skill in them...I don't think. At least not in the Bathtub, it's really too shallow for that. ;->

Mavaerick's Bath looks very similar to the Pristine Moonstone Pool, in that they're both "half-size" Maj'Dul-looking bath type things and are Wall items, but I don't know if you can sit or lie down in it, like you can with the Moonstone. When I'm pressed for space in a bathroom (or it fits the theme), I love the Moonstone. :)

Unfortunately, pretty much all the ones that aren't collection rewards or faction merchant purchases or from the Marketplace require Rare materials to make. I am SO glad they're coming out with a flowing water set of building blocks! :D

Uwk
    who doesn't actually know what to use to make those with; hmm, must check Oaky's video :)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And nope, Cyrrena, I have to admit, I rarely think romantically unless it's Erollisi Day, and I'm not sure how accurate I am about that. ;->

Glad you found something to do with those things! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh I haven't done anything with those things, it was just where my mind wandered when reading this post. Not sure why my mind went to romantic destination when it never goes there even during Erollisi. Think the flu is affecting me negatively in this manner.

But I do have a large pool type thing that you put up against a wall because there is a griffin head vomiting into the pool in my guild hall yard.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As far as I know, all the "barfing griffin" fountains/pools are Floor-based, but yeah, you can tuck them pretty far into a wall. :)

The Moonstone half-pool (and possibly the Mavaerick Pool) are definitely Wall things. :)

Uwk