New Expansion is Velious and the best feature is...Flying Mounts?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Trevalon, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Accually, there was one more little bit added to it that made it an even bigger "Snowballs chance in hell" equivilant, and that was, "and all the players are happy with the changes, we will THINK about it".
    So basically what they are saying is "When pigs fly to hell and have a snowball fight with the evil one, who gives up his evil ways and sings kumbiyah with the good one, then we will THINK about it". Oh and that was befor they just flat out said no, never not going to happen, ever.
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Hecula wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

There is a percentage of people on both ends of the fan spectrum that I just automatically tune out.
    As a fanboi you need to realize that your interpertations of events are colored by your "all is well" outlook and are not an objective view of facts, but biased toward the positive. Nothing wrong with being a fanboi, but realize you are and don't try and come off as fair and unbiased.
    SoE haters are easier to identify and just tune out since 1) the snark factor is so high and 2) they manage to turn any post in any subject into yet another rant against the current thing SoE has messed up
  4. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

My response text is all in green...
    Trevalon wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Ironcleaver Guest

Eschia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It's the truth.

(lol)
  6. ARCHIVED-Sola Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    New class creation make devs brains hurt too much... (*passes them a tissue to dry their teary eyes*)
  7. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cisteros@Lucan DLere wrote:
  8. ARCHIVED-Uncaged Guest

kela wrote:
    Snowballs chance perhaps but 1) Players are never happy with any class balance issues 2) There was really no good reason to add Beserkers or Rick Astleys to EQlive when they did.......but they did 3) When EQlive added classes, the others were certainly not balanced by any stretch 4) Who the hell said all classes needed to be equal at everything?

I rememeber in EQlive, some classes could solo very well, some a bit, and others not worth a damn. It was a bit annoying as one who liked to solo a bit but at least it forced people to group up. If you *needed* a tank to speed up killing then you grouped up. Same as for healers, dps, etc. It seems in EQ2, nearly every class can solo mobs equally well. Obviously with some gear, some classes do better but on average even a pure Guardian tank can dps enough to solo effectively. These things did not happen in EQlive and it was not broke. Heaven forbid they just make a fun class for us to enjoy.
    Its no different than current grips about SK's and crusaders in general. Ohhhhhs nooooooes! SK is the new RICK ASTLEY!
  9. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Grimknight@Kithicor wrote:
    It has NOTHING to do with a new class possably being over powered, or anoying the player base. It has to do with the fact that we have WAY to many classes as it is, it would take a HUGE amount of work just to add the <new class> tag to every item that class would be able to use, and then there is the design work for the class, deturmining how to make that class unquie when they are already having trouble with making 24 classes unquie, then there is accually building all the spells, CAs, AAs etc. Then there is creating an Epic Quest, and all the other class baised quests and items all of wich are legacy stuff that half or more of the players who play that class will not even attempt but has to be their. Then there are all the things that go into making a new class that we don't know about. That is also assuming that the system doesn't require opposing classes(wich it likly does cause the "neutral" classes do have opposits).
    All of that work to upset atleast 30% of the fan base while likly only making about 15% "happy" likly less then that because the class they get won't live upto thier expectations. It also won't increase the number of people playing the game or revenue to SoE. So all that work for little or no gain... it is just not worth it to them.
    *btw, that "...then we will think about it" statment, was ment as being like a mother of a 2-4y/o saying the same thing. When a mother of a kid that age wants to say no without dealing with a fit they say I'll think about it, and then they hope that the kid forgets they asked...wich usually happens.
  10. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

Well depends on the class as a warlock I really don't need a ton of travel anymore. With the spire spells I hardly use mounts, bells and docks anymore.

The brusier I have might get one the rhino mount you get from one of the quests are the worst free mounts you can have.
  11. ARCHIVED-Trelyn_Willowleaf Guest

I dont understand why people complain so much about games like this. I have been playing some form of online game since 1997 and its the same cycle over and over. Has anyone ever thought that these companys are struggling to meet player demands and such? I mean come on, if they released velious and its as great as kunark was there still gonna be just as many whiners as if the expantion was crap! Far to many times I have seen great games destroyed by a un forgiving community/player base, (SWG, UO, to name a few). I will admit I have had times where I thought the expantions on what ever game I was playing at the time sucked or took a part of the game away that I really enjoyed but at the end of the day its me that decides to keep paying the sub till I find something new or just get bored. I am a EQ1 Vet yes, but theres no way you could ever compair ANYTHING in EQ2 to EQ1. It was a masterpiece of its time and I dont believe it will ever be toped anytime soon. I think EQ2 players should all take a step back and relise that we all sit here and play this game because we enjoy it to the point we are willing to pay $$$ for it and appreciate the job everyone does to keep us in the game. If you dont feel this way just log off and stop paying, no need for bitterness on the forums or posting tons of whiney negitive stuff, just move on
  12. ARCHIVED-Kolorean Guest

I for one can't wait for this expansion. I love new content and the Big V has always been a favorite, but I like how EQ2 is not exactly like the old zones. So, I would say, reserve your judgement until it comes out. Let's give them a chance before we hang them.
  13. ARCHIVED-backtostart Guest

I do believe that eq2 has seen its best times and is now falling. I also believe too many people expect velious to be just like eq1. I wish eq2 would go back to comeing out with new expansions and not remakes of old eq1. Kunark was less then good in my opinion. Shadows was a good expansion and sentinel was ok not too bad. Problem is the speed at wich you can get too end game and then you are playing to see what guild you can get into to get the best stuff. The game become a conceded show of self gratude. Flying monts are cool, but to deem a expansion good because of some new mounts is a horible reason and is evidance of eq2 decay
    Sony do something new like underwater races that cant breath on land and have their dungeons and cities under the sea. That would be a cool thing and everyone would go for that. Especialy with magical items let you breath on land, but items would decay from being in the water or out of the water. I know you can come up with this stuff.

Who wants to be a merman or a sea troll?
  14. ARCHIVED-RaveDragon9 Guest

Oh...ME ME!!! Seahorsies for pets, bubbles floating, seaweed and sea urchins for decorations, everything would be so clean and pretty.....oh....
    it's only a dream /pinches self/ wake up
    but it was NICE while it lasted, great idea backtostart!
  15. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You're kidding right? ¬_¬
  17. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    Think the South pole on Earth.
  18. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

RaveDragon9 wrote:
    we have 3 of the 4 things already :p the Dryad Grotto has Seaweed and one of the quests in Everfrosts grants sea urchins, add to that there is also a Bubble Wand you can get for 200 Smed Cash, so while not exactly for your house... you could have em.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sabaztian Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Sabaztian Guest

Trevalon wrote:
    We get it. U have dedicated life to EQ. Gratz!! /claim ur trophy next time u log on for i am sure the gm's have noticed your dedication and devotion.