New expansion EverQuest II: Chaos Descending ETA: November!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Castegyre Well-Known Member

So many possible responses to make to various posts.

Nope, not gonna do it.

Instead I'll just be over here with my head in the sand hoping.
    Rhodris likes this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/pvp-server.580134/page-3#post-6513147

Maybe an apology?
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

4. Rondo9 Active Member

It was in discord, his words where something like "There well we new ALPHA classes this expac" when people were talking about warlocks dps etc.

Care to comment on why warlocks and monks were left so "OP" this expac? like a small tune to a couple of abilities isn't that hard. But looking at the amount of people that changed to a warlock/monk and spent $$$ to do so, why would yous change it?
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I'd never expect one, but if a candid response was given about anything to do with class balance I imagine it would likely be something along the lines of; "We have a handful of people with limited expertise and even less in the way of resources tasked with holding together two titles that are both aging and diminishing by the day. The company is not likely to put a significant injection of manpower or resources into these games any time soon and some problems have a much higher priority than others. You people have been whining about class balance since EQ was in beta and that's likely never going to stop no matter what we do. So let us address the more important issues where we can and be thankful the lights are still on in the mean time."

Or not, whatever.
    Rhodris, Mermut, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Does anyone else find the use of "alpha classes" a disturbing MRA-type characterization?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.