New expansion EverQuest II: Chaos Descending ETA: November!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Siren, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siren Well-Known Member

2. Drona Well-Known Member

I hate the Planes and the Gods. They are most boring things in EQ2 lore but I guess we have committed genocide on anything that moved on Norrath, I guess we have no where left to go now....

Why are we going to elemental planes anyway other than more loot? What have they done to us?
  3. Cragfire Well-Known Member

As a congy, I love the elements.. Is there a way to help them invade? :)
  4. Heck62 Active Member

They have loot i need,therefore I will make an excuse to rob them.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Cragfire Well-Known Member

When are we returning to the moon? It's been hinted at in-game thru npcs for years now.. and the moon has 99% reformed..
    Daltroz and Siren like this.
  6. Probe One Member

Last month on EverQuest 2 Discord.
    [IMG]

ֆȶʏʟɨֆɦ
    Is the plan for more ascension levels or adventure levels next xpac?

[IMG]
    Kander
    Ascension. But we won't be replacing many pervious spells. Only a couple.
    Siren likes this.
  7. knine Well-Known Member

only the couple that everyone really uses that will cost you money to upgrade if you want them really quickly lol... :) don't worry those that you still have as apprentice won't be those replaced..
    Lateana, Quillyne and Rhodris like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd put good money on the potency boost (that already replaced the lvl 1 and lvl 5 boosts) to be one of the arts being replaced.
  9. Cragfire Well-Known Member

10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed.. but it takes far less time and effort for the devs than new levels, new AAs or anything else more interesting.
    Mizgamer62 and Tekka like this.
  11. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Agreed. I takes a lot less development time. Unless there is something completely unique and incredible, I may have to skip this one; which honestly, I do not want to do.

I mainly solo (use to hard core raid, but those days are in the past), and current solo content is just super easy as it stands, without ascensions at all. I never even used them in KA and only really use the Potency buff currently. It may hurt my DPS, I may not be #1 on the parse; but the content, at the solo level, just doesn't need them. Pulling the guk solo zones in 8 or 9 pulls is pretty dang fast as it is using just class abilities (I know it differs from class to class, understandable).

It just seems like no one really loves the ascension classes.. but it is here to stay, and yeah, it is easier to develop for.

The pack will have some amazing gear, I'm sure of that. I wonder what we will hit this time around. 200 million HPs, and 500k Potency? :-/
  12. Wgrace Active Member

Cuz chaos is descending bro. Duh.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Castegyre Well-Known Member

It's almost like the timeline never needed to be split or something.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you have done any of the Prelude event and read the dialog, you'd find that these aren't normal elementals. They show odd hybrid characteristics and are in some distress, causing them to be destructive. I'm guessing Someone has messed with the Elemental Planes and that we have to fix it.
    Siren, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  15. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Since there are still Planes from the original EQ1 expansion not being used (Plane of Justice, Plane of Storms, Plane of Valor (not talking about the Temple of Marr/Coliseum e.g.) there might "enough" content for a third POP based expansion next year.
  16. knine Well-Known Member

lol which most people will take as ancient from prelude events. I did on a few toons and just took class ones on other toons.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

I hope we get new AA
    with some balance included for classes

Would like a epic quest as well , epic mount or familiar would be nice

+ a way to lvl your familiar in reasonable timeframe without having to spend tons of dbc
  18. Revel Well-Known Member

A million times this. I gave up. Its ridiculous ultra p2w win the huge crit bonus increases. Just make the familiar leveling system the same as the mercenary time based one and be done with it. If people need level 10 right away they can pay just like they can with mercs.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Rondo9 Active Member

Class balance is something that is never going to happen, not when Kander has confirmed that there are going to be OP classes (ie Warlocks/monks) this expac. It seems that this is the new business model for EQ2, make classes so over powered that people wants to main change to them and spend hundreds of dollars to buy ascensions/spells/firmilars etc.

With this said you can almost guarantee that wizards, bruisers and most likely Assassins well not be the new "ALPHA" to quote Kander. There nothing more encouraging then playing a character to max potential only to have another class do it better with next to no effort.

Next thing I want to say is the quality of raid gear or lack of, raid gear should be best in slot for nearly every slot, but for the last few expansions it have been the opposite. With the addition of ethereals there are what 3-4?? slots where raid items are BIS (I could be wrong) but the majority of slots are heroic gear.
  20. CSP84 Well-Known Member

What people like to know and asked in discord already does the " The Great Library" means there will be the Plane of Knowledge as a new Hub ? Will we see overland zones or only Heroic/Solo Dungeons versions of the Planes.

Since there will be a PVP Server coming one would think that there will be class balance.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.