New Expansion: Chaos Descendingについて

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarra, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

It seems we will be getting a new expansion in November.
    Anyone know when the Beta will start? 1 month before launch or 2 weeks before launch?
    I also wonder if the crafting quest will be available on launch day. What do you guys think?

I know they said they abandoned class balance last year, but it would be nice if they revisited it, maybe I am dreaming.

I also hope that the ascension spells that are said to be increasing up 5 levels will drop with more frequency and useablity than the last 2 expacs. I would like to actually be able to switch between more than 1 class and not just the one I paid for ascensions with.

On a personal note I do hope that coercers get a little more love this coming expac, it was downright disappointing to be a coercer this expac. The only place I felt any use was in the Shard or Hate raid zone with the massive power drains.

-Alarra
    Kheldar and Blazen like this.
  2. Alarra Well-Known Member

Sorry about the Japanese letters in the title I only noticed after I posted it.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, a red name said in Discord recently that the tradeskill questline would be available when the xpac is released.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Probe One Member

From EverQuest 2 Discord.

Sept 15th
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Kander
    There will be a TS signature line launching with Chaos Descending. It will be available for testing beginning of Beta. Yup.

Aug 31st
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Kander
    Guk was meant to be challenging. We will be doing less challenging content with the expac. More stuff for casuals.

[IMG]
  5. Alarra Well-Known Member

Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

Why can't I edit my post I did 2 minutes ago.
  7. Gninja Developer

Ooo, writing this down! :)
    Wilowsong, Lateana, Momo and 3 others like this.
  8. Mezaka Active Member

....and you realize ttobey is going to hate you for trying to actually animate this, right?
    Wilowsong, Lateana and Siren like this.
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

Ahh the Old Simon says raid from Mat Mura expansion in eq 1. I laugh when people say eq 2 scripts are brutal and unforgiving. At least when you fail the entire server is not locked out on the mob for a week like it used to be back then.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

I hear it was "Hugemlots" who didn't do the hokey pokey and turn about in time. They got hassled for weeks for blowing the entire servers chance.
    Sounds like a good way to lose players and inflict mental trauma..
  11. Alarra Well-Known Member

So if we pay for the Collectors Edition do we get a special "Dance Moves" add-on pack, where we can do Ring-a-Ringa Rosy, Satuday Night Fever, The MoonWalk, and the Hokey Pokey?
    Buy the Premium edition to get the Fart e-mote which makes a yellow or green gas particle effect?
    Argosunited and Momo like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

If their target audience is teenage (or younger) boys...
  13. Golum Active Member

"Kander
    Guk was meant to be challenging. We will be doing less challenging content with the expac. More stuff for casuals."

I don't care how difficult it is. I just want to have power all the time. Make Norath Great Again! Restore the Warden tree and Defiler mailstorm!!!
  14. Alarra Well-Known Member

Lots of middle-aged people have the mindset of teenagers.

Thank you for removing the enchanter class to have any usefulness....
    Unless they give Enchanters some more carrot this next expac. This Expac really made me think about main switching from Coercer to another class.
  15. Wilowsong Active Member

When will the pre-sale start?
    Siren and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Revel Well-Known Member

Devs please for the love of god make this next expansion Alt friendly. I don't care if main questlines are hard, as long as it unlocks long annoying things for alts. The population of the game has dwindled to the point every raid guild is recruiting. I need to be able to have multiple toons handy. Keeping up a tank and a chanter right now at high raid quality is agonizing, and I don't have it in me to do it all over again in 2 months. Every guild on Maj'Dul is looking for certain classes like bards, which are always in short supply. The ethereal grind completely burned me out, it was worse than last years. Also, please consider moving familiars to the mercenary time based leveling system, so people have a real shot at leveling familiars without buying $400 worth of familiar packs off the store. Those who need it immediately can still pay, but do not underestimate the power of measurable progress.
    Probe One, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Legionair Member

My big question about up coming expac is, how much will the inflation be on stats? Are we gonna see like 200k potency and like 500-600 fervor boosts? Or is it gonna be minimal, kinda like TOV to AOM expac where it wasn't much? I'm hoping for a big increase with fervor all over the place :D
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

i am hoping is it is like TOV to AOM and not a complete gear reset again
    Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  19. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

I agree to my pre writers, i used toi play many Toons and 8 on Highlevel atm and i love my Alts.
    Please make a slightly increasxe of stats and not a explosion of everythink like it was from ToT to KA or KA to PoP it coast amount of time to get a Toon ready to play and thats what we want PLAY the game.

No more Half Expansion Gear up or Timelines with less content and much grinding.
    No more requierments for requierments like this addon for example the Addorment Systhem was pure Pain especialy because only collor of Addorns was changed from Purple to Orange.

Everquest was and is a multi Toon game so dont keep us get mad about the point taking a half Addon to get ready for play.
    Short and Impressive Signature / Timeline , same on Tradeskill.
    More Scripting instat of Mobs who go immun half of the fight because of creativeless game mechanics , go back to SOE style were we could prevent mobs to do something by doing something like Manadrain / Despell / Interrupt or what ever.

And no more enter preventing mechincs for alts in Raid Like we having now, alts are part of every Game is called MMORPG especialy in Grouping or Raid , were we need to build setups to fight special encounters.
    You cant go the way like you do now for Example every Groupe or Raid has Chanter for Power Regain etc.

The Power gain and regain mechanics are totaly out of any function atm, the Mobs Powerdrain is not Compailed to the abillitys to regain power by Chanters or all other Classes you patched totaly broken in Powerregain like Defiler / Warlock.

Thier is no black and white in this game and you going to do patches without any testing for game effects in the case of power all classes exept chanters got nerved from 100% effectivity to ZERO , question why dont go a bit slower like from 100% to 50% or someting.

And please no more 100% Disbalance Spells like the S......ty Fire Tyrant this spell ins imbalance 100% you could have 2 DDs with completly simmilar gear if on of the 2 useses Fire Tyrant and survive it it will do like 20% more DPS but on what basement why should only on Class should be so strong and all who have chosen an other Class after hours of testing got screwed.

MFG Helfiren
  20. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

cant edit my post too detcetd some spelling fails but cant correct it ??