New Exchange Merchant

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Leibnitz, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Leibnitz Member

I took my Monk with a bag full of items to the new exchange merchant on the docks at Kylong Plains to see what he'd offer. I was hoping to see some of the items I'd been hoarding become more defensive.

Of the circa 50 items, only 3 were exchangeable.
    Each of the 3 were exchangeable for 2 or 3 items, in most cases the exchange offered was a downgrade.
    Only 2 of the 3 I could have exchanged were worth exchanging.
    None of the 3 offered purely defensive stat items, they were split defensive/offensive.

Obviously leather Fighters are in the minority, was the experience similarly lackluster for plate Fighters?
  2. Palehorse New Member

Yep. Same experience. Out of the 50+ items I brought that used to be nice tank items, including jewelry, I had 4 option choices. Only 1 was usable item and no jewelry was exchangeable.
  3. Leibnitz Member

That's a good point, I also had no jewelry options.
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

My guardian had 3 or 4 options. One was a defensive upgrade, but the other items had exactly the same stats in every way as the originals... meaning no defensive stats. Literally the only difference in those items is the name, and they are definitely not tank items stat-wise.

Wish I could remember what they were, but I didn't care enough to bother.
  5. Isvail New Member

Welp, I think they did say that tank items would be added gradually, so my advice is if you bought some sweet fabled heroic instance items, bank em for now. I found the fabled set items from heroic instances had upgrades that were real upgrades - +hp, +mit. Of note, I found I had to be on my tank to see the upgrades. Running over with my warden with those items in her bag...showed no options. Transfer to tank, oh look, upgrades :) I also found quite a number of heroic items that changed in name but stats were identical which was a bit of a mystery.
  6. Isvail New Member

One thing that would be super nice, and it’s probably been mentioned here somewhere, is that it would be very nice to see the upgrades available (even if we aren’t carrying) so we know what heroic items to go farm, at least until loot databases are updated...