New event server?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SeaJae, Mar 18, 2017.

1. SeaJae Member

I was just curious as to whether or not we will have a new event server. RTT was interesting, and I enjoyed it. I've been coming back from time to time to check in but haven't heard of anything new in regards to a new server.
  2. SeaJae Member

Hope nobody minds if I bump this, haven't really heard of any news.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Have you tried asking on Discord?
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but these are the OFFICIAL forums. Some news should be here, at the very least, instead of asking on Discord and hang around reading all the other people's comments, and questions and responses as well as the few from the Dev's when he might get some sort of response here, from a player who knows or a Dev or even a forum moderator who might inform.
    MikeySaysGo likes this.
  5. Jrox Well-Known Member

I find it ridiculous that they can answer in Discord and post updates or answer to questions there but can't take the time to answer maybe even just one question per thread here on the "Official forums" a day.
  6. Coty Member

Its easier for them to dodge questions I guess. But yes i find it stupid as well that they cant bother posting on forum and answer questions but they can talk in Discord which isnt official, at least not as far as i know only Eq2 Wire promoted it.
    Just another DB bs ...
    As for a new server, Keep close I am sure they will come up with something eventually they are ALWAYS up for money grabs :)
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

I don't know why there should be or needs to be a separate server to add a live event to the game!
    Mizgamer62, Snikkety and Jrox like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I agree, but the reality is that the poster is more likely to get a response on Discord. *shrug*
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

OMG not another event server to slow down the already incredibly slow grps on the live servers... Last summer was a huge fail. I would only like to point out and remind people that those rewards you earned out lived there usefulness in just a month or two... Keep that in mind...
    VGScastaway and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Because it is another quick cash grab opportunity for DBG.
    Dude, Coty and Jrox like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was fun and a change. It did not stop us from playing on AB as well. We were able to multitask and play both.
  12. Phaedrix Active Member

I don't fully agree. Yes, it encourages people to subscribe. But is that so bad?

What is undoubtedly a cash grab is ascension, because it practically forces character optimizers to purchase spell upgrades that are otherwise virtually impossible to obtain. That's the sort of mechanic at which we ought to level our criticism, not at TLE or event servers that bring new life to the game for many. Perhaps there's a negative impact on standard server populations. But if we had a healthy playerbase it wouldn't be an issue.
    Finora likes this.
  13. Caiss Member

This expansion is a huge failure. Keep that in mind. I only play on TLE/Event servers now because i started to loose faith in them last expansion and this expac topped the cake. For me its not about the rewards, its about the fun of playing the old expansions and the expansions i enjoyed.
    MikeySaysGo likes this.
  14. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

The reason I said that the TLE/Event servers are a cash grab effort is because they don't allow veterans to use their claimable potions, but immediately start selling vitality potions etc. on the market place.
    Jrox and Phaedrix like this.
  15. Phaedrix Active Member

In that case, I beg your pardon. I see your logic and agree.
    Meneltel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. Caiss Member

I agree with this. Even if we were getting just a few and not all of them i would be happy. Or every expansion unlock one or two more. We already have to pay a sub to play on these servers and getting to max level takes awhile if you are not buying vit pots.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. SeaJae Member

I didn't play RTT for any real rewards.. It was just fun starting from scratch and racing to end game with other people. I don't play Live server, nor do I play Stormhold anymore. (Haven't since DoF).
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

I thought the next event server was going to be PvP.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Yeah, Casuals vs Hardcore *grins hatefully from the shadows*
    harvash likes this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

I thought that's what the forums were for. :rolleyes: