New ETH Adornment

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hellfiren, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

The New ETH Summer Addornment is a nice thing, but its usefulness ends on the matter fact its Greater Relic!!!!
    The old ETH summer stuff Belt and Cloak which are still BEST in SLOT because of no equaly or similar replacement in whole Loottable of ROS especialy in the case of the belt.

All my toons the Raid Main including are still using the belt for last Expas Summer ETH.
    The stats outcome if the Addorn is max level are nice but the loss of Pot if need to unequip the belt for a lesser Replacement even with 255 Reslove isnt accepable.

Rethink the Flag on the addron or opne mor slots for Greater relics or at least thier maybe an item in ETH summer to replace the belt which isnt Greater relic.
    Beee likes this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I like adorn myself - to each his own - and we still don't know what is going to happen in Phase 2 and 3 yet.
  3. Torquem Active Member

Moreover if your fervor is already capped, this adorn feels useless.
    Beee likes this.
  4. Lemilla Active Member

Every year it is the same. Start of the event, the rewards are no good. Half a year later, any returning player who missed out is once again behind for an entire year.

Once you get a new belt with 13k+ potency, the adorn will be best in slot. Might be with the next Game Update or maybe with the expansion.
    Beee and Breanna like this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

would guess 2 relic white adornments to get rid of any old items :)
    EmJay likes this.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

for almost anyone with a fully infuised last summer etheral jewelry this new adorn even when it is level 10 seems like it will be a dps downgrade because of the loss of around 4.5k pot and no fervor overcap on it. for what works out for a Small cb increase. Also i dought because it is a Adorn it will be upgared when the new expact goes live. The one reason see them going adorns instead of other equip is it does not give people who did the summer etherails a Resiolve boost going into the new expantion which will slow down Progression into raids. If there are 3 adorns with no potency them we are looking at a 13 to 14kpot lose which will put many below the pot threshold for many raids. Well unless you have the Crate Mount buff i guess.
    Kraeref likes this.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The problem is the new white is greater relic and you can wear only one of those. $4.5K potency loss to replace a belt/cloak hurts. I am surprised they haven't added pot on a new white.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

No matter if there are going to be additional whites in phases 2 and 3. If they are all greater relics we can wear only one. So we will be forced to chose again which one to wear.
  9. EmJay Well-Known Member

Well, the fact that you can only wear one greater relic item, I highly doubt the other two items will be greater. I do assume, however, that they will be relic which will force us to get rid of the other two BoL ethereal jewelry items to be able to equip them. That's a hell of a lot of potency lost. I just wonder what the "plan" is for us going forward into the next expac.
    Bhayar likes this.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The problem is they still allowed infusing on the items. They just need to do away with all infusing in the game as it makes items that shouldn't be greater than another, actually better. Example... every PQ item and even ethereals from last expac. The problem is not the adorn. The problem is infusing and they just need to do away with it period.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

Noone except the devs actually knows what the final version of the adorn does. It has some effect that we don't know, so you can't say that what you have is a guaranteed better item.
  12. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The new cloak from the update is better than the ethereal cloak.... the old ethereal belt (not the one you munged the cloak into) can actually have the white adorn put into the slot. My Peculiar belt is ethereal relic and then adding the white adds a second tag as greater ethereal, so you can't wear the cloak then. It just really takes a little bit of paying attention instead of complaining to figure something out. I'm sure this will be fixed since I put this here, but go ahead and enjoy it until they change it :)

You thinking this is unacceptable is funny, because raiders who have cleared the expac have been complaining that the 255 gear from Vex 1 and Vex 2 is unacceptable because PQ gear is better lol.. join the club of itemization isn't being done correctly. They boosted the cabal coin gear and some of the vex 2 gear, however, with INFUSING still being a thing on some items, those said items can still be better than those boosted items.

INFUSING needs to be removed from the game all together. They removed from some stuff and then made no so smart choices on gear tags, making most of the end game raid gear useless.. so the white adorn really isn't that bad, they just need to fix everything else lol
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

To be clear, the adorns will almost certainly outlast the gear from last years ethereals. The fact that it's an adornment means that you can continue wearing them while you upgrade gear during the expansion - Unless they get rid of white slots next expac, which seems extremely unlikely.
  14. Bhayar Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with the adorn is the timers...it makes the item a bit bleh IMHO. A one minute use and a 1 hour cooldown for a greater relic. It almost felt like someone with dyslexia designed the piece. And honestly, not all that impressed with the item overall. I don't see this item lasting as long as last year's pieces. I don't know what Wave 2 and 3 are bringing, but I'm seeing a lot of player apathy at this point.
  15. Thand Well-Known Member

the New adorns are all Expatiation locked witch is None backwards and the 1 forward.