New EQII Website - How do you like it?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-thewarriorpoet Guest

1) Why would you say eq2players will be the following week and that more info coming then let weeks go by with nothing. It makes SOE look incompetent and that lack of communication and consistency shows no respect for your customers and is a big reason why the player base is so much more upset at the moment then usual.
    2) There need to be a link to the full client. Some of us refuse to use the streaming one.
  2. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Grumpy_Warrior_01 wrote:
    I'm sure I'm not alone in my stance, just as I'm sure you're not alone in yours. I just think that functionally it's better. Technically, we are leaving the EverQuest2.com website. Anytime you have a link that forces your user to leave your site, you should have that link open a new tab, without using any extra button clicks. This allows the user to easily and quickly go back to the site they were at without having to wait for that site to reload. Its web developement 101.
  3. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I would prefer it open the forums in a new tab also. I do keep both sites open at the same time.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sty Frost Guest

Hey the website is great for some one just starting to play EQ2. Wow it has information on classes and races, and the basics about the game. It even has a full list of the servers, even the 2 that merged with relaunch. (at least it shows them down)
    Now lets get serious EQ2 has been out for awhile, there should be a little more function to the website besides the basics. I am sorry I dont see where all the hype is for this web site. I mean what did it take a few hours to put this together. It would not be hard for a beginer web desiner to make this with a few hours.
    From a game that is 5 years old I would expect a lot more. I would think it would be better than the previous website, but it fails even compared to that.
    Yes I Might be ranting... But you asked for comments. (good or bad here they are)
    What happend to?
    Item search
    Loot card look up from LON
    Guild Search
    Player Search
    Guild Chat (out of game)
    Quick recap on game updates
    Look I know SOE has dummed down the game and now it looks like they are doing it with the resource to the game.
    It was not a kiddy game in the days past but now it is headed that way. The web site is a reflection of that, made for 3rd graders to understand. (just plain simplified)
    Thanks for reading, and if anyone esle would like to add to this list feel free.
    and just maybe some day they will unlock my charcters so I can view them. (again I hear its comming soon, like i never have heard that before)
  5. ARCHIVED-kcooler Guest

what's the ETA on this site? it's been weeks after AoD, and eq2players site was one the the aspects promised... Alot of people use this site for recruiting, and to see improvements and such? can you please at least give us a ETA?
  6. ARCHIVED-JimmyC01 Guest

SOE just wants us to keep spending our money with nothing in return for it. This website is so useless now I'm surprised that it even posted this. COMING SOON!!!! WHAT A JOKE!
  7. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Steelx@Nagafen wrote:
    Did you know that if you installed a programm called Launchpad, there was an actual game you could play in return for the money you are giving them?
  8. ARCHIVED-JimmyC01 Guest

Did you know that this discussion is about how great their wonderful website is. The website it supposed to be a extension of the game...not this one.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Steelx@Nagafen wrote:
    Then let's not dramatise. You're not paying for the website, you're paying for the game itself. This is hardly "nothing in return" if only this "extension to the game" isn't working (reusing your own words here).
  10. ARCHIVED-Fperslayer Guest

Yes I like the new website. Now if you at Sony would do something that will help they players more then revamping the website.
    Oh let me think maybe a freakin REAL TIME SERVER STATUS info section instead of one that never changes.
    Better yet do like alot of other payed games put the server status in your launcher so we do not waist out time trying to start playing only to find out the server is offline.
  11. ARCHIVED-Usmc241632 Guest

I think the new website is fine but the EQ2 players website/database is long overdue. WHEN can we expect that?
  12. ARCHIVED-DarkFallingOne Guest

Axeluis@The Bazaar wrote:
    Agree, however been playing for years and I have realized & learned that SOE's terminology of the world "SOONâ„¢" can mean anywhere from 4 months to 3 years.
    So I'm hoping by Memorial Day or the Summertime it will go live..... but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  13. ARCHIVED-Davalin Guest

I would like it if the station launcher news links actually worked and didn't go to some broken html directory junk. Update the launcher to work with the new web page.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

Your new website is very pretty and pretty useless.
  15. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

New Website - the server status display on the home page seems better than previous version. Don't know if I trust it yet given that for the past seven years we haven't been able to rely upon it ... let's just say will take awhile before I believe what it shows me.
    Aside from that, bugs in the "Community News - Archives" month / year links and the way it is displaying news items. Not going to do your job for you and list them all, look at it for five minutes and you'll see them yourselves.
    Don't really see the value added for having had anyone spend time making these changes. Doesn't appear as though anything in the way of improved functionality / information was really added. About the only thing I'm glad about is that the god awful constant initial load redirect to the ad has been removed.
    Players Info ... when exactly is this coming? Haven't heard a peep on an updated release aside from the clearly overly optimistic update that it would be coming the week after the "expansion" came out.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Vallar@Guk wrote:
    Now, nearly one month later nothing has changed. Since there was anything but a resounding global "HOORAH!!!" the topic is now over and they have no desire to touch upon it much less provide a status update.
    You know if you SAY you are going to DO something, then follow through and DO what you SAY you are going to DO.
    And just because you don't like the feedback you get doesn't make the feedback negative, the truth hurts sometimes and you guys time and time again fail at communicating with the player base, and when the going gets tough instead of getting going you bury your heads in the sand and bribe people to play the dungeon finder hoping that the other issues will simply be forgotten.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kasar Guest

I'm not sure it'll be anything anybody wants, look at this week's EverQuest II - News (their title for the feed).
    Upcoming SOE Webcast: PoxNora Wild Alliance Legends

New Marketplace Items: Wings and more!

Upcoming SOE Community Webcast: DC Universe Online Research and Development
    Upcoming SOE Community Webcast: Sound and Music in Free Realms

New Marketplace Items: Dark Treeglider Mount and more!

The only things related to EQ2 in any way at all are just announcing SC stuff. I guess they need something to make it look like there's activity.
  18. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Fperslayer wrote:
    The Server Status panel does in fact show real time server status. Unfortunately it doesn't show the status of the Login servers. Just because the game servers are up doesn't mean the game is playable.
  19. ARCHIVED-Sharann Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Then I don't really see the purpose of the Server Status, since to me what matters is if we can login and play, or not. In every other game the server status does just that. So this info should point to the login servers instead imo...
  20. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Noviets wrote:
    Quite right. When an opinion is requested, don't give one. Just say it's lovely. That's the way to let the person know exactly what you're looking for and what you'll mention to your friends as a great aspect of playing this game. Now don't read any further in case it gives you hives.
    The character information isn't yet there so can't be commented on. There doesn't seem to be any provision for guild information. The rest is just SOE advertising itself.