New EQII Website - How do you like it?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Isulith, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-zenbabe Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Oh Lantis, since you're full of such good news why not up it just a bit more and come back to us :)
  2. ARCHIVED-JimmyC01 Guest

Isulith wrote:
    No offense...but this site is worse then it was before. I've played this game since launch and I've more or less give up on this website being any form of the tool I used to use it for. Finish it then ask what we think...........................................................................
  3. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

It would be nice if the clicking area of the buttons for the tabs for the races/classes (ones that say good/evil/neutral & fighter/mage/priest/scout) were larger. Only a small strip at the top of the tab allows for clicking. Seems it would make more sense for the majority of the tab to allow clicking.
  4. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=499962&post_id=5684559 Bypassing the language filter is not permitted.
  5. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

When trying to reinstall on another computer from the website, I found that the only obvious option was to get the game via the streaming client.
    I personally have had nothing but trouble with the streaming client and as such want nothing more to do with it, I'm quite certain there are many people out there who, like me would prefer to have the full proper download. Having that available in an obvious place would be a great thing as well. As it stands I'm probably going to have to search the boards here to find where someone has posted a link to the non-streaming client.
  6. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

The first thing I noticed was how quickly the pages loaded compared to the previous design -- very fast, very responsive! It's a good clean design, not cluttered, easy to navigate, fast response time for page loads.
    A bit too much empty space at the top, around the logo area, for my personal tastes, but personal preferences such as that will vary... could possibly move the "Game Alerts" or "Play For Free" button from the right column up into this empty area, letting the Server Status slide up a bit, but that may make it too cluttered at the top... merging the EQ2 logo into the menu bar may be a better option to consider, since there seems to be a nice block of empty space between the "Forums" menu and the "Shop" button (and even more on the "Get Started" section).
    The Server Status listing doesn't provide as much detail as the previous one, nor is it sortable or otherwise customizeable as far as I can tell, and I see that neither of the full server status pages are functional any longer... can't say I like that -- those pages contained more verbose information about server status, maintenance, and expected up-time during an outage. Will the RSS news feed section be used for such updates now? If not, I hope the login servers can handle the spam of everyone trying to connect over and over and over and over!
    (edit: ah, I just saw that the full Server Status page is linked under "Game Info"... this link would be better served by being available above the condensed Server Status listing on the front page in my opinion, rather than being tossed in with the general game information -- perhaps add the text "Server Status" with a clickable link to this full page centered above the cpndensed listing?)
    The buttons for Races and Classes are a bit too small, as someone above also noted -- only a sliver of space at the very top of each tab is clickable... at first I thought the pages were nonfunctional. There's also not much contrast in that sliver when it is moused-over and highlights, so it wasn't particularly obvious at first glance.
    Overall, it's a very nice design for news updates and general game information. A few minor tweaks is about all I'd recommend: giving the buttons for the class and race tabs a larger clickable area... allowing sort options for Server Status and at least providing regional information for the servers, such as the nationality flags used on the previous server pages... and maybe tightening up the top area of the page a bit for efficiency, without making it too cluttered.
    My only disappointment with the design was the absence of the Players section... since this is the main feature the bulk of the playerbase uses this site for, I do hope it retains as much functionality as it once had -- back in the days long since past when it was quickly updated and fully functional. If the design and speed used on the revamped news and info section of the site is applied as well in the Players section, it would be a very nice site! Is there an ETA on its completion?
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

So the week came and went and no new EQ2Players.
  8. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Either this was fixed, or I'm just not having that problem. The tabs are plenty large and the entire tab is clickable for me.

I noticed yesterday there was no place to go to my account. I wanted to see how much a station cash card I recently added credited for. While I could log in from the site, there was no way to actually view anything about my account. I had to navigate my way to the forums to find the "My Account" link. And then, there was no option to view how much station cash I had received from redeeming a card.
    Oh wait.. now that I scroll all the way down to the bottom I see "My Account" stuff. It's there, just hard to find....
  9. ARCHIVED-WanyenII Guest

'Game Info' submenu is broken/inconsistent.
    Game, Game Updates, and Expansions need to be looked at.
    'Game Info -> Game' displayed menu item points to a URL for expansions by convention (whether it actually goes to expansion information I am not concerned with at this point).
    'Game Info -> Expansions' and 'Game Info -> Game Updates' menu items occupy the same physical screen space, one overlying the other (this is rendered with latest IE9 on Win7 x64). The resource link for this shared space menu item points to game updates by convention (again the content at the resulting resource is a secondary issue I havent even looked at).
  10. ARCHIVED-LordWyktin Guest

Just waiting for eq2players to actually be functional again. Instead of the "Coming Soon!" text, now it sends you to the "We're bringing you the new Free to Play EQ2" splash page. Other than that, I don't really see a lot that is truly exciting about the page. The scrolling tab changes too quickly, I'd suggest doubling the time for each image, and perhaps shrinking the size of that box itself. It is truly a real estate hog on the screen. Also, does every spash image in the giant box have to state either that the game is "free" or that you can buy something in the Marketplace? If the idea is that this is not a "pay-to-win" game, which it isn't from my experience on the old live servers, then why does the site lend itself to that idea? Sure, there are plenty of good things in the marketplace, but it appears that you can spend cash and instantly be somehow better off than someone who doesnt, since the game is now free. Overkill is overkill, so to speak.

Instead of "PLAY FREE!" another wording would be more effective and seem less gimmicky for the gigantic button to entice people to join the game. I get that EQ2 is trying to emphasize the F2P setup now, but you can do that without spamming PLAY FREE NOW! everywhere. Instead, given that this is the "Players" tab, wording such as "Play Now" or simply "Return to Norrath" etc might be more prudent. Everything else on the page restates the "free" element, it is not necessary to say it in every single text block on the site.

Lastly, the week has come and gone for the restoration of eq2players. I'd have hoped for some announcement if there was to be a delay or at least a more accurate projection of when the site would be finished and ready for launch if there was uncertainty on some aspect of its design or on the back end. Until that is completed and relaunched, all I can comment on is what I mentioned above, the layout of the front page. I also must agree with others, since the SOGA models are now enabled upfront, there is no reason for the outdated image that is representative of the game (with the older models for the dwarf, etc).
  11. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Any word on when we will get access to player and guild data?
    Looking forward to a functional website!
  12. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Just a suggestion on functionality. In the previous version of the site, clicking the "Forums" link opened the Forums in a new tab. Can we go back to that?
  13. ARCHIVED-JimmyC01 Guest

Still the same old piece of junk, but worse....what a joke lol!!!!
  14. ARCHIVED-JimmyC01 Guest

Still the same old piece of junk, but worse....what a joke lol!!!!
  15. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Caela wrote:
    ditto. i went to eq2players.com regularly. it was very helpful for identifying a person when they sent me a tell from their alt. you'd be surprised how many ppl have totally different alt names and expect that you'll know that they are playing as alt "Dragon" when their main is "Hewlett". (made up names but you get the jest, i'm sure.)

p.s. the B&W square boxes which indicates population is unclear. you need a key. after looking at it a while, i'm guessing that all white is heavy & all black is empty. however, oasis is all white (beating everfrost) and that cannot be true.
  16. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

The biggest improvement in the EverQuest2.com website is they jettisoned over 1 MB of Javascript code and made a streamlined page. Now, there is some wrong info as reported above with class descriptions, and there's currently no link to the Game Update Notes. And I don't care for the font used in the navbar and popup menus. But at least the site doesn't hang my PC for 2-3 seconds when loading.
    As for EQ2Players, we're all still waiting, although at least now we know what website it will be: http://players.everquest2.com/
  17. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

Delete this post please.
  18. ARCHIVED-Penelopy Guest

Two things that the new eq2 website needs that it doesn't have as far as i can tell:
    1) It's extremely difficult as a recruiter to not be able to put someone's name into the eq2players website and get more information about them. As a recruiter, I'm used to searching their toon on eq2players and finding out how many days played they have, how many achievements they've accomplished, and usually if they have any alts on which I may find them or find out if their alts are in other guilds. It was also helpful when the gear was listed but that feature's been not working now for some time and at the very least, I would like to find out who the toon's are. This feature desperately needs to come back.

2) Being able to easily see when hotfixes are planned which as far as I can tell now, isn't showing up under any of the current tabs.
  19. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

Arzym@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You can Shift+Click to open the Forums in a new window, or Ctrl+Click to open them in a new tab. I prefer the way they have it now -- if I'm going to the EQII Forums, I certainly don't want the EQ2Players website running also.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Noviets wrote:
    If everyone just said "oh it's lovely" what would be the point in asking for opinions?