New Drakota Mounts with Game Update 63: SKYSHRINE!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Piestro, Apr 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Piestro Guest

By Eric "Piestro" Cleaver
    [IMG]
    Everyone loves mounts, and Game Update 63: SKYSHRINE does not disappoint in this regard. With the inclusion of the new Drakota Mounts, players will have new choices for their steed to convey them throughout Norrath. Available in a number of different ways, everything from Collections and Quests to drops in Heroic and Raid instances, you’ll want to pick the Drakota that is right for you. There are even some named Drakota for those of you who are searching for the truly unique and most prestigious of mounts!
  2. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

OOO, so been wanting something dragon-esque to ride!
    So hope it's a flier...I suck horridly at steering gliders. >_<
  3. ARCHIVED-CleeGrahamx2099 Guest

No worries. It will be a flier, afterall, you won't be able to do the quests and dungeons until you are level 90 anyway so. I have to say, great addition though and thanks to Piestro for being very active in the forums.
    P.S I suck with the gliders too, lol.
  4. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

CleeGrahamx2099 wrote:
    Yah, I've six L90s and too many crafters who fly, heh.
    Omg, if there's a cliff, tree, water, other players, mobs, anything in the area that can be crashed into, I'll do it. >_<
  5. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Piestro wrote:
    the only thing i can think off that would be cooler then those is a mount that you can sit on in combat (and will assist you) i've only come across one game with those sort of mounts.
    Can you tell us what the varaitions in the color schemes are?
  6. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

General_Info wrote:
    I remember when the horse animation would have them shuffling, pawing the ground, head moving when you were in a fight. Now they just stand there like a lump. It's like they're sighing as they look at their watch, waiting for you to finish what you're doing, lol. Tho when I make a mistake at an outside crafting station, it's amusing to me that not only does my toon get stung, the horse does as well. Sounds so mad, too, lol!
    But yah, I agree, having battle animations would be neat.
  7. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

I thought that Drakota were winged people? And did I read correctly elsewhere that we may get Wyvern mounts?
  8. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Psia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Dracur, I believe, are the new dragon race we find at Skyshrine. Drakota are the dragons that look like wyverns and are paired with the Droag (winged dragon people similar to Dracur I think) up in Kingdom of Sky. Drakota are also found in Butcherblock, Steamfont, and if I remember right the named Anguis and Ladon are larger versions. Also, there's a smaller drakota around the entrance to Ruins of Varsoon. Oh, and now larger ones up at the mountains by the Thrael'gor orcs camp.
    The image shown of the new mount is the wyvern mount. Wyvern is the general term for a dragon whose forelimbs are their wings. In Norrath, wyverns are drakota...or so it seems to me after I think about it for a bit. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

drakota are dragons with wings for forelimbs, and breath fire/elemental attack. Wyverns also have wings as forarms, but they are built more like a Trex, an they have a scorpion stinger on thier tail. and thier tail and bite is thier primary attack, they don't have breath weapons.
    what I still want is a drakota model drake for my BL. since they screwed everyone else who didn't 'exploit' the Drakonine Guardian. those people that tamed it before they stripped the ability to got a smaller grey drakota...and I've tested litterally every overworld drakota in game and none of the others are tamable.
    I bet the 'named' Drakotas will be the Raid drops. like Crysta.
  10. ARCHIVED-Stuez Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    and have a 0.01% chance of dropping and only see one drop in the span of a year.
  11. ARCHIVED-Leko Guest

Sweet. I have really been hoping for "Dragon" mounts.
  12. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Is this on Test/testcopy yet?

Eshaac
  13. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    The wyvern and drakota are two different creatures. The drakota is in the pic.
  14. ARCHIVED-Eshaac Guest

Is the drake mount coming to test/testcopy or is it just going to be in gu63 when it goes live?
    Eshaac
  15. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Aha, thanks for the correction...but...wait...what are...ah, I'll just go find info. :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

And the eternal question... will there be a version available via tradeskill quest?
  17. ARCHIVED-sleepup2007 Guest

does anyone know what are these collection that we need to get the collection drakota mount,, all i have found is the golem collection , but the others are still a mystery to me, are these collection in skyshrine, are they heirloom,lore?. thanks
  18. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

sleepup2007 wrote:
    You need all the Skyshrine collections.