New Coercer Spell: Lethal Focus

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cesium, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Cesium New Member

The new ability would be less overall dps than using Despotic mind. Since they both share the same re-use timer I can't imagine ever using this.

I can cast Despotic Mind roughly 15 times or Lethal Focus once.

If everything is timed perfectly in coordination with other people you might see a small benefit, but 95% of the time a coercer can simply maintain his or her rotation and out parse this reliably with less effort.

Some suggestions for improvement... Have the spell effect the group instead of an individual. Cut cast time to 0.5 (like the Illy's new spell) and recast time to 60 seconds.

[IMG]
    Cloudiest and Kraeref like this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Where do these spells come from?
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

They are on test right now. I agree with Cesium. It is silly to have 2 mins of recast of solo spell. It was like with Channel II giving Fervor but recast was 5 mins. But at least it was benefiting the group. Is it again a poor attempt to shove off coercers on a bottom of the parse with comparison to illusionists? Illusionists' new spell benefits the raid, coercers' one person only (us) and with such a long recast. Not worth it to bother with.
  4. Moss Well-Known Member

first cast time should be reduce to from 2.5s to 0.5s, coercer are supposed to be very fast caster and we already have too many very long pre cast abilities to lunch

recast should also be reduce between 1m-1m30, it is stay solo target, or be changed to group wide which will give a real unique value to coercer (with an additional damage increase)

damage is currently a small increase from destructive mind, if it stays like this the damage should be increase by 3 to 5 to be compare to other class passive group wide damage abilities

I would prefer that spell to be greatly increased and get a nerf later on if it is too strong, than to stays like this with a message that says to all coercer that they should stop playing their classs
  5. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

The Guardian one is no better for the same reason - so you are not alone. I won't use the one for my class either. (same was true for the "new" spell at the start of the expansion.
  6. Moss Well-Known Member

Like the Guardian some kick math show the problem of our new ability:

current spell : trigger 4 times, cast 0.5s, recast 7.5s, 31s duration, min hit 36M on tooltip at ancient level, could be put on multiple target at pull due to low recast and long duration, also all 4 triggers are consumed in less than the 7.5s recast time, so we could spam hit everytime it is up
    new spell : trigger 11 times, cast 2.5s, recast 2min, 31s duration, min hit 47M on tooltip at apprentice level, solo buff due to very long recast

current spell : 4 * 36M / 7.5s = 19.2M/s
    new spell : 11 * 47M / 120s = 4.3M/s

so at apprentice level it is doing 4.5 times less damage than our previous spell
    is that ability going to do 5x more damage at celestial level ?

I"m not sure the additional fervor overcap and crit bonus overcap really compensate for the loss of dps

A long time ago this ability was top of the parse but it is not anymore, so changing it is a good idea, but so far it is really missing something.

Like I already said, change this ability to be group wide and it'll not only compensate for the loss of dps in a full group and add an interesting group buff to the coercers which they are really lacking today

Or change the cast/recast/trigger count/dps values to be more aligned to what we currently have today.

Last point I've no doubt this ability will be broken like our new level 120 "Aura of Power" where the buff part disapear as soon as all triggers are consumed making it useless as they are consumed almost instantly, the buff part should be a separe effect with its own duration

Will our feeback taking into account this time ? Or it is already a showcase of the next expension class/aa revamp.
    Snikkety and Agarth like this.
  7. Airwalker Member

The thing about the new class abilities is that they’re incredibly efficient with low opportunity cost to cast. If the base ability that the new ability replaces already has one of the top ratio for efficiency, then yes, it would not make sense to use the new abilities.

take wizard solar flare spell for example. No one in their right mind would spam that spell all day when they have much more efficient spells they can cast and come off cd fast enough to be cast repeatedly before you even touch solar flare. The new ability that replaces solar flare has incredible dmg to cast time ratio with a long reuse timer. Yes it would not show up on act as your top parse in term of raw dmg with respect to time, but it does allow you to spam your other high efficiency abilities without having to touch the crappy spell the new ability replaced.

Some people are saying that ascensions are no longer casting because it’s so low on act. What they don’t realize is that they only spent 2-4 seconds to cast a spell that gave them that sizeable chunk Of dmg vs them spamming other abilities for the last 5-10 minutes in a raid fight that shows those dmg as their top dmg. Imagine if you could spam these abilities like regular abilities, even with their slow cast time, their efficiency would dominate the parse.
  8. Moss Well-Known Member

well it is clearly not the case for the coercer new ability
  9. Airwalker Member

Since despotic mind is one of the top ratio ability, it’s hard to swap over if u care more about personal dps.
  10. Moss Well-Known Member

it is not about caring about personal dps only

so first, for personal dps, the damage component (looking at the tooltips) will be doing about 3 to 5 times less damage than our current version depending of our current ability tier, on my parse despotic mind does about 1B to 2B dps, so it'll be a personal loss of 600M to 1.5B dps (1 to 2% overall dps)

second, we could look at the buff component that could be apply to self or to a top dps, let's analyse it, 8 fervor overcap, 166 cb overcap, no additional fervor/cb, I don't know many class (that are not already heavily p2w) that will really benefits from those overcap buff, the buff will apply the next 11 offensive abilities of our target and I'm sure will stop as soon as all triggers are consumed

will the target benefit from the new buff ? like I said may be one or two class already full p2w could benefit from these ability, and only if the dps gain of the target is better than the coercer own dps loss

it is looking like they want to make coercer be a buff bot for p2w FOTM class (thauma should be our favorite ascension then), and not a class wanted in group either for our buff or dps (which is lower than some healers)
  11. Airwalker Member

Can’t really compare that number from a screen shot. For all we know, op could’ve been butt naked. Not to mention that’s an apprentice spell. We know that currently the new spells that came with bol is not linear in relation to spell rank. Going from adept to expert, we saw a huge boost to ability dmg. This might also be the same case for the new spells.

there are plenty of classes who are cb cap and fervor cap and does not need to be p2w. Cab cap are easily achievable with standard t1 raid gear. Fervor cap is also easily achievable depending on your runes and support. Since fervor and cb are last and second to last multiplier for calculating dmg, boosting these numbers will yield a lot more damage. Putting it on classes like beast lord who are already pushing 100bil will make that little bit of personal lost seems small.

Youre right about the buff bot for form though. But, isn’t that the idea behind support class?

Also just to confirm your number. You’re saying 1.5B is a 2% lost? Are you saying your coercer is cranking out 75bil dps?
  12. Moss Well-Known Member

[IMG]

stats with 206k potency

not all abilities/spell are consumming a trigger, so basically some dps class could probably use this as an advange an keep the buff for the whole duration
  13. Moss Well-Known Member

could we at least get about 5 additional triggers to match the increase duration, like 1 additional trigger per level in adept/expert/master... as all 11 triggers are usually consumed in 30s
  14. Airwalker Member

Would only makes sense to increase trigger count as rank goes up to increase the spell desirability further. Would you mind posting Destructive Mind with the same stat? Those numbers seems really high to me compared to Destructive Mind.
  15. Moss Well-Known Member

[IMG]

206k potency

old spell 4 triggers are consumed in less than the 7.5s recast time (36.8 * 4 / 7.5 = 19.6M/s dps)
    new spell 11 triggers are consumed in about 30s with 2min recast (106.4 * 11 / 120 = 9.75M/s dps)

we would need about 22 instead of 11 triggers to get similar direct dps, so adding 1 trigger per spell level could be a good move (with reduced trigger/second)

looking at logs, the current 1-2s effect is actually making the ability trigger every 3 to 8s

so it is a better spike damage (for self) in 1-2min fight, but less in longer fights, but the buff could be welcomed by 1 person in your group/raid

is it sufficient to make a coercer be more welcome than a beastlord/troubadour or illusionist in a group/raid, I don't think so yet
  16. Bentenn Well-Known Member

206k pot. Jeez. Gonna suck when they do away with ptw infusing. I have a feeling pot will be dropping a little.
  17. Moss Well-Known Member

it's not really the subject of this thread but looking at new items in beta, potency is increased on jewelries to be aligned with fully infused current items

they will have to do the same with armors and weapons (including lvl 10 boost), otherwise players will continue to wear old items for as long as possible and new content will be ignored like Kael Drakel/Mischief...

the difference in potency, crit bonus and stamina (needed for raid) is currently too huge between fully infused/level up items and non infused items

looking at raid progression on the latest server compared to other live servers, where the economy does not sustains plat infusing and weapon leveling, is a direct proof of why this change was needed

also they could not nerf the current equipment otherwise players would not be able to do any challenge mode anymore, and devs would have to nerf all encounters which would be a very bad move and huge loss of time

so basically I believes new items will provide a big boost for casual players and a very small upgrade for other players

you will still see a huge difference between p2w/core players and casual players due to other game mechanism: p2w mount, p2w mercenary, p2w new familiar buff, having a lvl 10 celestial familiar, being able to farm 980 potency bardings for all slots, and some raider/old players buff : pre-order buff, KA flawless raid, hard to get red/blue raid/challenge runes....

but at least players will have the same stats in their gear, which is a first step going in the right direction to balance the game
  18. Bentenn Well-Known Member

No.. you're right.. but since it was mentioned it might be pot affecting it and you listed to show the differences, it triggered the thought of them removing infusions. I simply posted to gather thoughts from someone who has their gear infused by ALL infusers. Looking at the differences on pot between what you're wearing and testing do they you think they hit the max infuse numbers right or somewhere inbetween for the gear. The itemization, spells, and of course class revamp talks are all heavy and will only get bigger in the next few months...
  19. Cesium New Member

It has nothing to do with personal DPS. As the spell sits now, the original version will do more raid DPS than the new version is most every situation. Sure, you could make a case where with perfect synergy and planning with another player casting the new version on them, then following it up with mimicry it could possibly surpass the original version. (I'd be happy to inundate you with calculations but let's just assume I'm right and move on.)

OR

You could simply continue using your normal rotations, remove the extra variables of working with someone else and 90% of the time do more RAID DPS.
  20. Airwalker Member

A little reduction in an ability that put out at most 2bil dps in a long fight is nothing compared to a noticeable increase to a T1 that's pushing 100+ bil when you're increasing their caps.

Total despotic mind dmg casted by 3 coercers in a raid vs a single sin FFU.

[IMG][IMG]https://ibb.co/KLcjQw0