New Client - Severe Lag/Still Downloading?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Odeletta, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Odeletta New Member

Hello! I've just brought a friend into the game to see if she'd like it, but unfortunately she's having SEVERE lag problems right from the get-go. She can move for a few seconds then it locks up for 5-10. I just re-downloaded the game myself and am having no issues. We both loaded the game from the main webpage. She's getting the little dinosaur running in the corner, though she has background streaming checked "off".

Is there something we can do to stop the lag/streaming data? I'm on a landline and she's wireless, if that makes a difference. She plays plenty of other games with the same wireless though. I'd like to try and get this figured out, it's already kinda turning her off the game.

Thank you kindly!
  2. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Your friend has to wait until download has been completed. I would recommend to connect the laptop with network cable temporary, it can speed up game download.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Sounds that your friend may be using the streaming client. To make sure your friend gets the full download, use this forum, click on the the home button at the top of this page then mouse over the Game Info button and select Downlod Game from the bottom of the popup list. The will download a small setup file for EQ2. Run this, select/make a game directory and download the game from there.
    However before running the setup file, you can save your friend some time if they are localto you, you can copy your pak folder to a flash drive and give to to your friend before they start the download so that these can be copied into the game install location first. These files are far and away the biggest part of the download.
    Run the EQ2SETUP.EXE file (from above) to complete the install for the remaining files
    When all is finished run launchpad, then do a full file validation so that it can download and repair any missing/corrupted files.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You also might want to warn your friend that it's going to take HOURS to do the entire download, which is why the game will start to play streaming, even if streaming isn't selected. I think the assumption is that no one is patient enough to let the download take all night before you can actually sit down to play. :)

If you take flameweaver's advice and copy most of the files to a thumb drive, then copy them to your friend's hard drive to the appropriate directories, it will save quite a lot of time. But if you're not local to her, that's not really an option.
    flameweaver and Ceyllynn like this.