New cheap playable races

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aelfan, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Aelfan Active Member

It has occurred to me that new playable races are seldom introduced because it takes a lot of programming to get the clothing, mounts, etc to fit new bodies. We haven't had a new race to play since the ugly wingy people and the miserable-looking vampire people were introduced (I have neither of these races amongst my toons). However it occurs to me that we have a couple of races that could be modified to make new races. Erudites, for example, I find unattractive, but they have bodies that could easily make a more slender build human. Kerra similarly have a nice athletic build, it should be quite easy to make humans using that body. Also the fae and arasai have forms that could make a new race (one without wings). One thing I find interesting about them is that they can have brightly coloured hair and skin. I think I would pay real money (although possibly not a lot) for a race based on fae that can have green skin and hair! Or blue skinned gnomes with bright red hair(I would immediatly pay to have my squad of small gnomes made to look more Feegle-like!).
    Cuelaen and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

No...you have a squad of gnomes!
    Aelfan and Breanna like this.
  3. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I agree with your post, and also, I would like more hair/skin/eye color options for ALL races. I've recently rolled a human monk, and while they have great racial bonuses, they have extremely limited coloring choices...I mean, who doesn't want blue hair?!
    Juraiya, Aelfan and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Aelfan Active Member

I know! But if they even had red hair it would be a start! Red headed gnomes! The game NEEDS it!
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

The game most certainly does not need more Gnomes! ;)
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  6. Aelfan Active Member

But they wouldn't technically *be* gnomes if they had blue skin and red hair and a shrink buff on, they would be Feegles!
    Rosyposy, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

lol, Feegles?
    Smurfs with red hair /shiver
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Aelfan Active Member

[IMG]
    These would be the smurfs of your worst nightmares! The Nac Mac Feegles of Terry Pratchett's Discworld universe.
    Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  9. Aelfan Active Member

[IMG]
    My Feegles actually look like this. Here Rob Anybody and his crew, together with Wentworth, Horace, and the Toad are enjoying some Frostfell pursuits, and mebbe acquiring some more tartan! (Majdul server toons on three accounts, one an Illusionist, with two of the gnome mercenaries, all on Mystic moppet and shrink mercenary)
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Wouldn't they then be red-headed stepped on children? *laughs malevolently as I slip back into the shadows*
    Breanna, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  11. Victisa Active Member

ooo great idea.more options for all races, i wouldnt mind more fur pattern options and umm yah i my rat needs a boob job. reduce my hips a little /too much cheese
  12. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I literally choked on my lunch , reading this
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Glad you are still okay and apparently breathing and able to still type!
    Breanna, Cuelaen, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He could be texting 9-1-1 for assistance right now, he simply chose to make his post first in case death occurred.
    Breanna, Cuelaen, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

I survived, lol-got some weird looks in the staff lounge though, haha
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I suppose Feagles could be useful in some sort of way.

We could have them put on spiky armor and load them into catapults...
    well we could do that with the Gnomes but they don't weigh enough to be useful, all skin and bone.

That Trakanon puppet during the heroes festival was full of Gnomes, tough lil buggers.
    Juraiya, Breanna and Aelfan like this.