New Channeler Rune

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Alway, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Alway Active Member

has anyone tested out the " large " group ward Rune yet?
  2. The Fonz Active Member

Yes, it has been tested (not prior to release apparently) and the ward is not applied because the spell expires prior to the ward being placed. Presumably fixed next patch.
  3. Alway Active Member

have you heard if its any better / worth buying, after the patch?
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We'll likely know the answer after this morning's patch, I believe.
  5. Giaur New Member

The rune isn't worth a try. I bought it an tested it today after the patch.
    Vector gets a 23.8% ward for 30 sec. It seems to be good, but cause it is a percentage based ward it can't crit.
    The 23.8% are based on the channeler's maximum health, i.e. if you have 100 Mio hitpoints, the ward is about 23.8 Mio.

For me it only Shows, that the devs don't know the classes and want to ruin one of the funniest classes in game.

Why do they give channelers as only heal class a percentage based ward, even not a regenarating one, but a crap percentage base ward just as tanks have?

If they do so, then they have to lower the max hits of raid nameds extremly to be in line with the crap heal output
  6. Slowfast New Member

Devs do not ruin the classes themselves but the whole game, one year we are all promised that they want to bring a class balance until today they have not made it, unfortunately at this point you have to put up the criticism that the current team is unfit and
    overwhelmed with everything.

Former PVP players know the problem that happened, they all know the PVP was purchased because they did not manage class balance or gear balance.
    But you will never see and experience this team giving that they have screwed up.
    Only those who would do that have the eggs to change what.
    I've been there myself for 14 years now and I got bored of the game and with Return to Guk it does not get better, no new ideas why always make something new again why not do something completely new and the classheartedness of the class is still that many
    they had bought or had to, normal would have something for free.

This company should be ashamed of what you offer us as paying customers.
    Alway likes this.
  7. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

If this is in a raid setting the amount of ward effects the whole raid as one or individually ? Because this "large" ward will be used up in less than a second I guess if in a raid imo then right ?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even if it is 'per' person, it will be wiped out by a single pulse of whatever the named.. since EVERY name has always on, unblockable ticking damage
  9. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yeah, you are right, this rune is a joke I guess :( it sounded so awesome at first lol
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

I shelved my channeler with PoP.

Dev's have NO idea how the class works, as the dev's that created are long fired.

This was apparent with the 1st rune and the sheer lack of any class adjustments since ToV, and the rune/adornment/priest only procs that never worked for us.

Delete the class and let me change my class.

Everyone wants real wards to heal in raid. I can do heroics/experts no problem but I can't find a raid guild that wants channeler to save my life.
  11. Giaur New Member

The rune is, the way it is, crap. If they hang on this ….. percentage base crap, then they have to make it crittable or have to take the construct's max health. 23.8% of 3 or 5 Billion would be ok.
  12. Alway Active Member

the rune itself doesnt even say its % based. just a little thing these oh so "great" devs forgot! sigh. if not shaman, youre a second class healer :p
  13. The Fonz Active Member

but but but.. they said it was large... I feel like some guy bought me drinks all night, gets me home and then apologizes for forgetting to take his ******.
  14. Alway Active Member

whats a typical shaman group ward hitting these days? in the billions yet?
    our MT in raid has 100 mill + so my group ward would do roughly 230 mill, which i assume isnt even half of a shaman.. now im not expecting to get shaman size wards, cause then channeler would be totally broken...but 230mill on raid content is nothing..
  15. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

It's 23% of the channeler's health. So with 65m health it's about 16m in group ward which is useless. My defiler's group ward is over 1B every cast. They need to make it so this group ward does 200% of the channeler's health so in my case it would be around a 130m ward. By comparison, that is about the same value as the dragon line self ward. That seems fairly balanced given the damage we see in raids (and some experts).
    Alway, Pixilicious and Mermut like this.
  16. Giaur New Member

Even if they take 23.8% of the construct's max Health this would not be overpowered. My construct hast something About 2.1 Billion hitpoints. This would be a round about 500 Mio raidwide ward. With the normal Incoming damage of raid-named, the ward would live 1 - 3 hits. and not as the 23.8% max caster'sd Health with a normal 18 mio ward be gone after a slight cough

Why they don#t talk to the Player base? Why they don't listen?

Why no red named answer to us?
    Pixilicious likes this.