New Channeler needs help

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lagerale, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Lagerale Member

I started a channeler on FG, I always liked healing and kept hearing how Channeler is different then any other healers so figured why not? My problem is, I'm useless so far. Groups don't want you because you can't heal (I have one arrow heal that is all but useless given the recast time and the crap amount it heals for) and soloing on FG is painfully slow especially given I'm a healer class.. who can't heal. Is there a worse starting class then this or did I actually pay for the worst (starting) class in the game? I'm sure on live where levels are handed out like candy this isn't really an issue, but on FG this is painful mainly because pre 15th level you are completely useless. DPS? Sure, but most any real DPS is far and away better. Healer? Not even a little bit. What is a Channeler expected to do prior to getting to level 15?

I'm not saying I dislike the class, although it seems a waste of money so far, I just want to actually be able to, well heal (or intercept, ward, mitigate incoming damage call it what you want). I have to wonder why they set up every other healer in the game to actually get heals as they level, and yet Channeler has to play the role of a poor mans DPS for 15 levels.

Even BL, not a healer but stick with me, doesn't really shine until they get the BL bar to help with heals/damage but they still have good DPS till then and given they are a DPS class they can get into groups as that. Channeler is a healing class that basically can't heal (surely can't keep a group alive with one spell on an eight second recast with a three second cast time? I was told this class is different, I didn't realize it was in purgatory for 15 levels. Again on live servers I'm sure it's fine given you get level 15 so fast, but soloing on FG that's not so easy. Someone tell me this is going to pay off and I'll actually be a useful healer come level 15, or should I just stop trudging along now?
  2. Lagerale Member

Never mind, I just shelved this class, chalked it up to a waste of money because I'm not struggling through 15 levels just to finally be able to maybe be useful in a group. Waste of time and money, for a "premium" class this has to be the weakest class (again I'm talking to start, and you have to start to get to the end game) there has ever been. Even with top end gear, for the level, and upgraded skills this class simply stinks. Long cast times, basically zero heals, leather armor trying to tank because your pet is basically nothing until level 15. Sorry /rant off