New CA?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Nice we get another CA .... Uhhhh another MELEE CA ...... Sweet!?
    [IMG]

What it looks like on my 90/250AA Ranger with 52% Potency
  2. ARCHIVED-FearDiadh Guest

I was looking at the test notes yesterday and saw this coming. I can see how it would help a very low level ranger a fair bit, but not as far as the upper levels go. My 90 assassi will eat this up though. And there is the problem.
    Trying to share an archetype does not work for two classes as fundamentally different as rangers and assassins. When the game came out there were no AA trees so it really did not matter what you were called. Rangers and assassins fit nicely into the predator category and that indicated a lack of utility compared to rogues and higher dps to make up for it to most people.
    AAs and a many other things (ie: aa aoe and flurry) that have come out for scouts now have set us apart from assassins. Assassins are much more akin to rogues now. So much so, in fact, that on the start up screen they moved them from predators to rogues a year or two ago. I thought that was the first step in a series of steps to make them rogues rather than predators. That would have given them the rogue AAs eventually, rather than the predator AAs. It made sense to me that they would share their tree with others that melee rather than range. It would free up the predator tree to be more... usable by rangers. Right now we have two fairly **** branches that no one puts anything into. But, it didn't happen. They still list as rogues on the start up and that is the last you hear of it.
  3. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

other part in the notes that was confusing, we no longer get evade now or something? dunno was really worded oddly
  4. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

I like the idea of another stun. Does it scale/work on higher level mobs?
  5. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Raahl wrote:
    I would assume it scales if we get tiered versions of it ...... :))) so I doubt it. I do wish it were a ranged stun instead of a melee.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

glowsinthedark wrote:
    Yeah a lot of people seem to get confused by this. Some stuff won't be auto granted at low levels and others just got shifted around, nothing is being removed outright far as I can tell, except for maybe summon food and drink.
  7. ARCHIVED-jjlo69 Guest

this new ca is on par with arrow rip dps wise from what few test dummy;s i hit on test

Uncle