New bug in isle of vul

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Feef, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Feef New Member

so firued i would give it one more try before finaly giving up compleatly on into the maw update for my epic 2.0 get and the 3 day timer on the zone really sucks having to rekill all the trash to get back to kill name is really just adding salt on open wound now that i have trash cleared the sheild wont come down to try and kill the name. after over 10 days and more than 40 atempts and still not getitng name down this update is really making me rethink playing eq2 at all especaly a mage class. I know before some jump in that some have gotten it i'm just not one of them. i've tried all the tricks posted in all the forums mez and root its just not wroking for me buying status items which i shold not have to spend my status on items to get a name down. so
  2. Observing Active Member

You are an illusionist? Is the named immune to stun, mez, root, and daze?
  3. Feef New Member

It resist alot and hits for 3.5 mil crushing each hit found why sheild wasent comming down there was 1 piece of trash in zone i missed behind a tree tried again to kill name and died alot so tired of this zone.
  4. Chillispike Active Member

did you pick up the sword and the hammer in the tower?
    When i did it, i killed the one trash in the room and was happy that it set the timer for the zone. then i picked up the sword and the hammer. Once i killed all the trash i cleared the barrier. Took me several attemts to kill him, but i ain't used any status items, just the 100% heal potion i got from claims along with Solo specc and faster running to save me some time inbetween.
  5. Shadowscale Active Member

what do my stats have to be at to do this place?
  6. Cheska New Member

This fight is certainly tough especially for Illy's and Coercers since we can't heal our pet. But with your HP's it should be doable. The one thing I would suggest is putting 10 points in Kinetic Absorption in addition to the points you've put in Dragon Scales line. The heal is nice and will help with the "kiting" portion of this fight and usually did the trick for self heals as I only needed to use 1 Thaumic essence of regen, and 1 overclocked lifestone. Secondly, get agro on the mob before you send your pet in or it will usually one-shot the little guy. I was able to do this fight with 7M HP but my Mit was over 15K (thanks to un-melted BP and gloves with MIT) so that might have been the difference. I brought every heal potion, signet, tinker item, rally flag I could find to heal and didn't need them all.

p.s. make sure your auto-attack is set to forced range to ensure the heal proc triggers.
  7. Chillispike Active Member

Stats is one thing indeed, but you really need make a full surival spec as well. Don't aim to much on getting hit .. it's more about survive and running lots
  8. Iceane New Member

As of Friday, the fight has been reduced significantly for the named. I easily tanked it even in dps spec. Before I had full bloody tooth gear with modified to get 8m hps and got him down to 20% while kiting. Probably would have won if I had not touched water and he reset. Again, fight is a lot easier.
  9. Shadowscale Active Member

trash ment to be delt with the same way? cant even make it to named...
  10. Shadowscale Active Member

ok figured it out.