New Bloodlines Spells?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mheryl, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Rathskael Guest

The master spells are dropping in DoF zones, so it's logical the recipes are sold in Maj'Dul. Our group got 2 drops: Horde of Bats (Master 1) and Glacialflame (Master 1) doing an instance. You'll also find the recipes are dropping from mobs as well in DoF.
  2. ARCHIVED-Miele Guest

Rathskael wrote:
    Could you please tell me where?
    I always thought T6 masters were a myth in group content (in fact i think they do not "really" exist).
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic....
  4. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Well, T6 masters aren't too common. The place I've seen the most ancient teachings masters was poets palace, and not all that common.
    Still keeping an eye out for Nighshade M1. =/
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Unless there are different ones sold in the different towers, there's only one level 53 alchemist ancient teachings, one jeweler, and a handful of sage. If they weren't tradable, it would not have been worth the effort to get my Coin up high enough this weekend. I bought the tradable ones for my boyfriend's jeweler and my occasionally played sage.

It took adventuring (killing stuff and/or doing level 45+ quests) for a couple hours to get enough faction at level 70 (wizard) with the help of a level 70 paladin's help.

Each coin is about 250 faction, if my math on turning one in was right. You need to go from more than -20K to +30K in faction (I got to 34K, only 6K more to be able to buy most of the other things on the faction merchant). Even if coins only cost 1 silver (-highly unlikely.. any time I have looked for them they've been at least 1g each) on the broker, that's still A LOT of money. The scrolls cost 8g and change on the faction merchant. The ancient scrolls I bought from the broker (in earlier days) were generally 10g to 20g. I probably saved money just buying the scrolls from the broker rather than buying coins or wasting the time trying to get enough faction unless I wanted the faction for other things besides the scrolls.

I still think they should have been put on a tradeskill faction merchant.

Oh and T6 spell drops are in EoF and Island of Mara zones, including masters. So the 'argument' that they're dropping in DoF zones and so should be put on DoF merchants is empty. The reason they were put there, probably, was to 'encourage' some players to return to Maj'dul and spend time there (getting faction), i.e. the tradeskillers.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

I think it was fine they were put on the Maj'Dul merchant. I've said long ago if your only reason for gaining factions is to get the ancient teachings that it's MUCH cheaper/easier to buy em off the broker. They could have just left them loot drop only like the 55 and 58, 65 ancient teachings. We wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Maj'Dul, as far as that goes.

• Tradeskill instance/tables somewhere in the zone
    • A way to work up faction for tradeskillers 50+
    • A way for tradeskillers to obtain the call of ro

There are a bucnh of nice things in there like status pets, housing, mounts, bank etc. That tradeskillers can use, but have no way to obtain them by tradeskilling. If you're too low of level that only leaves coins from adventurers.

DoF has never been the ideal situation for adventurers or tradeskillers at the start. They got cut out on writs too for a bit as well as guild rewards.
  7. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

FYI -
    Ancient Teachings are not an essentials book. The original Bloodline Recipes only came in the Adept III version (the master crafted one). Having the Bloodlines recipe upgrades as Ancient Teachings (which only come in Adept III version for crafting) makes perfect sense.
    The recipes are dropping in DoF zones so for those who choose not to build faction for them they will have to be obtained as the other Ancient Teaching and Advanced books for the tier - buy them from the broker.
    Heck, many crafters got a break last week because the Sage versions were not marked as No-Trade yet so there was a plethora of them on the broker over the weekend being sold by those with faction in MajDul that bought them and were selling them for a mark up on the price they paid for them.
    I saw one person spamming in channel chat taking orders for cost +5g for the receipes "while they can be traded".
  8. ARCHIVED-DonalDubh Guest

Miele wrote:
    Let me add to this sorry line of thought...

The initial recipes for the lvl 35 spells were all tradable. Hence I was able to do Bloodlines on my main/Sage, get all the recipes and give them to all 3 of my scholars. I would EXPECT the lvl 53 upgrades to REMAIN tradable as well.
  9. ARCHIVED-DonalDubh Guest

In case you did not already know, the patch the morning of 9/18 changed the recipes to NO-TRADE.

I got my 7, mailed 1 each to my alchy and jeweler. My jeweler got his mail before the servers went down for the patch but the alchy did not. AFTER the patch... the mailed recipe is not there, nor did it return to my sage. They destroyed it!
  10. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

DonalDubh wrote:
    Yeah I went to buy them for my crafters on my main, only to realize that they were No-Trade. I did, although, get server discoveries on the No-Trade versions when I bought them from the merchant lol.
  11. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

Rathskael wrote:
    Yeah please confirm sarcasm or not lol. DoF instances have been getting weaker, this would be nice!