New Bloodlines Spells?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Mheryl, Sep 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Mheryl Guest

In the Truth faction building I found recipes for: Essence of Doom Aura Rune of Magic Debuff Horde of Bats Punish Corruption Senses of the Bats Glacialflame Mana Cover Are there any others? Drops only? Bloodlines only? I know Devastation Fist was updated in game, so maybe the rest are as well?
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Rumor has it all the Bloodline spells that didn't scale automatically have upgrades available in Maj'Dul. I seem to recall that something regarding them dropped...
  3. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

OOC.
    Annaelisa just purchased these (or was able to purchase) in the Court of Blades in Maj'Dul, at a cost of 8.4g each (need 30,000 faction with the Court to buy them) :-
    Sage Level 53 scrolls:
    Ancient Teaching of: Horde of Bats
    Ancient Teaching of: Punish Corruption
    Ancient Teaching of: Mana Cover
    Ancient Teaching of: Senses of the Bat
    Ancient Teaching of: Glacialflame

Alchemist Level 53 scrolls:
    Ancient Teaching of: Essence of Doom
    Jeweler Level 53 scrolls:
    Ancient Teaching of: Rune of Magic Rebuff
  4. ARCHIVED-Vollux Guest

Did you happen to notice if they are no-trade?
  5. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

The court-faction purchased ancient teachings scrolls should all be no trade. You will either need to faction up the appropriate crafter, or wait on chest drops of the recipes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

NiamiDenMother wrote:
    Yep. They should be no trade now, and if for some reason they're not, you can be pretty sure they will be soon. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

What classes are each of those spells for?
  8. ARCHIVED-ZeroRavesOn Guest

Felishanna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Stole your list of 'em, hope you don't mind.
  9. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I know you can buy the Insignia tokens to raise faction, but what mobs do you kill (non-heroic) that will drop the tokens?
    Thanks
  10. ARCHIVED-Catharsis Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    They were definitely tradeable when I was in Blades this morning.
  11. ARCHIVED-Paddyo Guest

They are tradeable today. Tomorrow? I doubt it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Terrak Guest

No upgrade to Honed Reflexes?
  13. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    They aren't on Permafrost .. I just raided them for my Sage & Jeweler!
    Woot! Thank you for the tip! LOL.
    mmm .. Does this make me an "exploiter"? oh! I feel soo naughty .. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

I just updated my list for Sages for (Sage Information) and this is what I have.

Ancient Teachings of: Horde of Bats (53)
    Ancient Teachings of: Punish Corruption (53)
    Ancient Teachings of: Senses of the Bat (53)
    Ancient Teachings of: Glacialflame (53)
    Ancient Teachings of: Mana Cover (53)
  15. ARCHIVED-Miele Guest

I just don't get why these recipes have to be behind a faction-blocking wall AND be no trade.
    My sage did all the Tomb of Night questlines to get the books, but never worked on Maj'Dul factions as it's not my main character.
    This means I need to farm coins now? Can I say "urgh"?

Sorry, this ain't fun in the least, not a very good idea imo.
  16. ARCHIVED-VolgaDark Guest

Miele wrote:
    Have to 100% agree here.
    What exactly do these spells have to do with Maj'Dul? They are Bloodlines so should be purchasable by anyone who did the Bloodline line of quests.
  17. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

Miele wrote:
    They should be dropping too. So I'd imagine they will start accumulating on the broker.
  18. ARCHIVED-Jynnan Guest

Maroger wrote:
    kill guards of an opposing faction - every guard will drop an Insignia coin. So, if you're going to build Blades faction, kill Coin and Truth guards.
    There are also some Wayfarers (I think that's what they're called) standing around that offer nice little solo Instance quests that also reward coin and Insignia Tokens. It's probably best that you do these quests, because if you keep going around killing guards, then the "police" on their magic carpets get a bit miffed and will come and get ya!
  19. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

THese are just my thoughts on BLC and shouldnt be considered any more worthy then the newspaper used to line bird cages.
    Two of my toons have done BLC, two have not. All benefit from the fact that the original spells are tradable to anyone, even those who haven't done the BLC series. I always thought this was a mistake. The spells shouldn't (hypothetically) be in Maj Dul, they should be in Nek Forest, at the camps and ONLY available to those who did the series of quest. Sorry, sages, alchys and Jewlers (of which I have all three). You wanna offer these spells to your clients, go do 'em. THere's more reason then ever now that Master Strike Vampire is there. They've revamped AA so it's more kind, fixed a few bugs...get 'errrr doooonnneeee.
    Oh, and can my 4th Provy toon get recipes for THexian wine and Vampire Pie (/ducks)
  20. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

So let me get this straight.. in order for my 70 alchemist to get the alchy spell she needs to lvl up (as she is currently 24) in order to get her faction up?! This is absurd..

And again what do the spells have to do with Maj'Dul?