New /beta copy command

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Hordolin Awanagin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Sentana New Member

To add on to the explanation what i18n actually means: 18 stands for the number of letters between the first i and last n in internationalization hence i18n
    ;)
    In the case of this in the /beta thread it means that Splitpaw (UK) Storms (FR), Valor (DE) and will receive their updates and ability to do the /beta command after their patches have been completed.
  2. Lament Active Member

Great, understand that explanation. So it is just a shorthand notation, like Tx / Rx, for transmit / receive.
  3. Terrogaunt Developer

Alright! I just checked in my code to delete all the houses that the character you're overwriting had associated with them. No more abandoned houses! Woo! :D
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  4. Calthine Well-Known Member

I'll be darned. That's my new thing for the day, thanks!
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

woot thanks! testing that now..
  6. Terrogaunt Developer

Lol checked in and on the server are very different :p you may need to wait a few days
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Well still multiple houses, maybe it will get fixed next patch. Going to relinquish the ones I have on beta to remove them and see if subsequent copies make multiples.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ok cleared out all my old houses and copied again. This time only 2 homes came over: Lavastorm and Thurgadin. o_O
    I will check again tomorrow to see if my 4 Bayle Court and MM Estate show up or not.
  9. Terrogaunt Developer

I just copied my guy twice and only seemed to get the house once. Seems like it's working for me at least :p
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

What determines which houses copy? I have 4, but only 2 copied (Lavastorm and Thurgadin). Will it be just the prestige homes that will copy?
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

Shouldn't matter, honestly. PM me your character name and I'll see if I can find anything out.
  12. Taemisa Active Member

Well I clicked on the Beta copy button on the character select screen for my BL Taelnia on Guk (my highest level toon). It said request had been received. I then went and selected Beta on the launcher (instead of Test). A full copy of the game was installed which took several minutes.

I then launched the game and got the character select screen....which was empty. OK, I thought maybe it takes a while to copy a toon from live. So I started creating a character. I was a bit bemused when I got to the starting point screen and saw that the only starting point option was New Halas. But I shrugged and continued. I got to the screen where you name your character. I picked a name and made sure that BETA was the server highlighted (not hard as it was the only server listed in the server select window.

I then clicked PLAY, whereupon I got the message that no server was available and to try again later.

No server available? Am I then hallucinating the BETA listed in the server select window?
  13. Sucha Active Member

Beta server is currently locked - once it is up you will be good to go.
  14. Bouncing Skull Active Member

"Beta Copy Logs are disabled for this world at this time" is the message I am getting on Oasis right now.
  15. Terrogaunt Developer

Yeah, sorry guys. We'll need to build a new copy of beta before we're able to take any more beta copies. I accidentally broke something with the house container so it was causing some crashes on the server while we handled copies that had houses in them. Once we update beta again and confirm it's fixed, we'll most likely turn it back on.
  16. Griffinhart Member

I'm glad I tried a /beta command while I was on last night! It looks like my current character is all up to date on beta.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

In an attempt to get the correct houses moved in, I deleted once and copied twice. I have 2, sometimes 3 copies of houses.