New /beta copy command

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Hordolin Awanagin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Let me know when to start hammering on it ;)
    Terrogaunt likes this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

/beta
    it will warn you that any current copies will be deleted
    its been working for awhile now and I copied my live characters a couple weeks back
    I am currently on the road so can't check if the command has changed but I will be back tomorrow evening to check it out.
  3. Calthine Well-Known Member

4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Cal, first sentence reads:
    Now available via the launcher, Beta uses the old Test Copy server. As of September 2012 access to the Beta server was open to all, but that may change when there is NDA contest to be tested.

Should that say NDA content ?
  5. Calthine Well-Known Member

Probably. Hey did you know that ZAM uses a wiki and anyone can edit it? LOL

I also see that it mentions unlimited marketplace which was not true last I checked.
  6. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Actually, I was referring to the changes they're putting in for the house copy portion of it.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

Ah, you mean
    Probably April 2 :)
  8. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Yeah I did and I do, but as I wasn't sure of your source, thought it better to check than change, because we know that all Wiki's are mix of fact and fiction ! ;)
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

Been long enough that I'm not sure if that was my typo or a copypasta error. Probably mine, lol.
  10. Bunji Developer

The updated /beta command is now on US live (with this morning's Hotfix) and should be on i18n servers with their regular patch times. We'll keep an eye on this thread for feedback / issues.
    Terrogaunt likes this.
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

Yes! Now go! Flood our beta server with awesome houses!
    Afista likes this.
  12. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

From Test server. Zoned from Guild hall to Owned home. Issued /beta. Logged into beta server and was plopped into the owned home for a split second, then it booted me out and into the guild hall (not owned, empty instance). Ran over and entered owned home from post in Freeport and everything is placed and item counts are good. However, all apprentices are now owned by the character doing the copy. All custom permissions are stripped. So far looking good. ;)
  13. Terrogaunt Developer

Good stuff, good stuff! I'm also a little worried since I didn't progressively put in any code to make sure that houses from that first character transfer get deleted, so can you copy him again and make sure that you don't get duped houses? (Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things, but a clean DB is a happy DB :p)
  14. Lament Active Member

With respect, WTH is a i18n server?
  15. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Suggestion: make sure everyone knows that everything in the house gets permissioned and is owned by the house owner in the copy. Apprentices, items, altars, everything.

Messed up: I published on beta, re-copied the character twice. My persona window now shows three houses in the housing tab. Entering the house and checking publication shows that the home as published but it's not showing in the housing leaderboards.
  16. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

17. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Ok, re my last post. Unpublished and republished and it's showing properly in the leaderboards, still shows 3 owned copies in persona window though.
  18. Terrogaunt Developer

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it sounds like your houses didn't multiply on you... Great Success! :D lol
  19. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Lol. Actually they did. They're there, but there's no way to access them other than seeing them in the list in the persona window.
  20. Terrogaunt Developer

Crud. lol. Well, I'll look into getting a fix in soon. :p