New Berserker question

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Tangogulf, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tangogulf Guest

Hi all;
    Although I purchased my Eq 2 account on opening day, I have played it very little. A friend of mine and I have resubbed and are going to attempt to duo through the content. I have read that the SK and Pally would be the best choice for seeing better content with a duo. Frankly, because I'm so new, I really dont have a clue why that might be. What I do know, is that I have levelled my Berserker (and Pally) to level 10 and enjoy both very much. A few questions:
    1. Although I enjoy the berserker, I really would like to see as much content (including group stuff) with the duo as possible. Is a berserker/mystic duo a good choice? Is the pally a better choice?
    2. Given that I will be tanking and providing some dps in this duo, what AA spec would be best. I think survivability might be the highest priority here? (Note its ok if we kill slow, I'm in no hurry)
    I think my greatest concern is that I'm going to start something (the berserker) that will not be viable for our duo. As I recall, the last time we left the game is because our duo (I cannot remember the classes involved) was not very viable. Hoping to skip that mistake this time around.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Also posting a similar thread in the Pally forum
  2. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

zerk is perfectly viable for any situation requiring a tank. zerk is a good class. pally/sk are just better.
  3. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

For a duo, the crusaders may be the way to go because they can assist more with heals if/when it's needed. If you're trying anything particularly difficult or above level with a duo you may want that extra healage at some point. While the Berserker can die once and [theoretically ... sometimes ... as long as the hit wasn't too hard] come back to life and self-heal, being able to self-heal throughout the fight is a lot easier.
    In general, for most purposes I would say six of one, half dozen of the other, but for duo-ing I'd go with the Crusader.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tangogulf Guest

Thanks so much for the replies.

I have both at 10 at the moment and it seems the berserker kills things faster. He does lack the stand in power that the pally has though. Working on the AA points as they seem to be very important.

Thanks again
  5. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Crusaders are great but don't rule out the zerker. Once you get blood rage that has a 33% chance to proc a small heal it will help greatly on trival mobs. Also with crits being consolidated it has the chance to crit heal the zerker.
    The more I am playing my zerker the more I seeing this and it is good.
    At 80 adrenaline is a great damage reduction. Also the more aa you can get the better the zerker will become.
    With mythical zerkers are even more fun.
    Should be a fun ride for ya.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

If you go SK, you can solo most of the stuff your Berserker will need to duo to kill. I don't have a Shadowknight, but I do have a level 90 Berserker with T2 + myth. SKs in lesser gear usually out-solo me when they have the right AAs.
    I don't have much experience with paladins in higher levels but they are generally considered closer to and comparable to SKs for self survivability.
    Usually, Berserkers are highly regarded when they have high levels (80+), large amounts of AAs, or phenomenal gear (myth and/or T3+/raid gear). But usually they only stand out when they have all three. Even then, there is usually an SK that can make mincemeat out of them in just about every category (soloing, aggro, tanking, parsing, etc...).
    I love my Berserker and would never (and have never) ditched him, but it's a current sad-but-true state of the game at the moment.