new and confused

Discussion in 'Beastlord' started by ARCHIVED-Solarax, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

Hello,
    am new to a beastlord and I currently use Profit UI so it may just be that
    but
    is it normal to have a bar with no icons like what i have here?
    cant seem to figure this out

[IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

Normaly the bar will fill as the pet(warden) will progress. You can also right click the bar to change spells, later on.
  3. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Yes that bar comes with the BL and is "special". It is the heart and soul of playing that class. Here's how it works...
    1. Soon your gonna get something else, a BIG paw that spawns right in the middle of all those hotbars you got. You'll need to move something. I think level 38 is when you can start using your primals and stuff.
    2. The paw means the pet is engaged in combat and building up savagry. Thats what the meter is for above the hotbar (when you unlock it).
    3. Build up savagry by a) putting your pet in cambat and b) by casting combat abilities.
    4. Use the built up savagry to cast the spells on that hotbar. Some spells require more savagry than others.
    5. Remember to spend AA's on your pets. Every pet has it's own individual AA tree. Doing so unlocks more spells for that hotbar.
    Oh and it's called a warder, not a warden.
  4. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

AHH ok I thought i might have had a UI issue since the bar is completely empty of any icons right now . will level up really fast once i get the noob armor from DLW ( for appearance of course)
    so if i get what you are saying then as i level i will eventually have those icons auto fill depending on the leveled pet i choose and more of them will become available as i build savagry and mastery
  5. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

That's correct. And by default that hotbat looks the exact same for all of us, regardless of UI. There might be some profit extension I'm not aware of tho. Right around 38ish is when it all starts making sense.
    To clarify, The meter you'll get is similar to many MMO's that use rage or mana buildup in order to cast spells. Your combat abilities will always work, but the ones in that hotbar require you to actually be in combat with your pet and using abilities. This was installed as a means to prevent powerlevelers from grinding out a 92/320 BL overnight.