New Added Recipes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Mercychalice, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

It's really only manas that come from fabled items. I never understood why test server wasn't given the things needed to, you know, test via a "merchant" like Finch or Oliver. I don't know why y'all have to hunt them out same as live. Never understood that. At any rate, I stand by my opinion, that for most folks who run heroics on live, these will still be worthless.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

We wouldn't even need transmuting stones if items in BoL transmuted into the correct tier materials.
    This expansion is just one poor decision after another.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Geez, this takes me back years to learning the 7 layers of network connectivity protocols. When did a simple game get so darn complicated?
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

That's what we're begging for since the buffer poofed at the end of beta. It'll be useless to get manas on players not running heroics, and I'm all for a way to avoid using plats to infuse as we don't have any cash on the whole server.
    So yeah, I have a use for those recipes. It's still lame but hey, well. At least I'll be able to get rid of those **** fragments of planar energy
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Zynt like this.
  5. Cataclysm Active Member

This.. Nobody in our guild has one yet.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Bristlebane took pity on the year I've been having and I finally got the recipe today from an overland named on Test.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Laita Well-Known Member

what do the recipe components look like? how many fragments or essences to craft an infuser? and same with the empyral transmutation stone... if you don't mind :)
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Whilhelmina mentions the numbers on page 1.

Basically, they can use either essence of chaos OR the varying types of fragments of planar energy. Everything else in the recipes is common mats/fuel.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd like to suggest changing the NAME of the new crafted infuser to Empyral DEITY Infuser.. since it applies to the deity layer, not the physical layer.
    Calling it a Physical Infuser is nearly deceptive since it it applies to the deity layer, not the physical layer.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

THIS^^^ -- It breaks the paradigm since it's crafted, and crafted infusers go to the Physical Layer, which is just worsened by the naming. It would have been better if they'd let it apply to the darn Bonus Layer.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Where do we get the recipe to turn the Essence and Frags into transmutation stones?
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Veilwalkers Adornments Volume X is on the status merchant in Sanctus Seru
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's an excellent question. Ever since, oh, I dunno, maybe even Kunark Ascending? When they started adding in new ones and changing the names of existing stats and abilities to keep track of? It's gotten to the point where I really do think you need to have a freakin' degree in math to be able to do anything beyond level 100, unless you just rely on the gear you get from the various provided crates (I know there's one at level 100 at the entrance to the Planes of Power, can't recall if there's crates for 110 or 120) or the gear you can get if you Token up a character to max level -- oh. Think I might've answered my own question... :-/

Uwk
    who still deeply, deeply resents the fact that starting at level 100 (well, shoot, just about any level these days, frankly; times were in the old days when the Tier 4 gear stats nowadays would be average for Tier ONE), anything you can Handcraft or Mastercraft yourself these days isn't worth the paper it's printed on...and this is a digital game :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

That's pretty much why I quit adventuring at level 95 when it became apparent that I needed to start a spreadsheet just to keep track of the first set of adornments that came out in Velious. Way too much like work to even vaguely resemble fun :(
  15. Cataclysm Active Member

Nobody forces you to use adornments other then your own desire to push towards the very end of content.
    It's all your choice.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it possible to even progress as a crafter without it all, to get the recipes and such these days? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Adorning recipes are in no way, shape or form going to prevent you from progressing as a crafter. And for casual adventurers, many are happy to just have the adorns from the free PoM gear, then the free BoL gear, until such time as they get some adorns to drop, without crafting even factoring into it.

Infusing won't hinder anything on the crafter front either, Uwk.

(I do agree that the systems for both are confusing, cumbersome and seemingly contradictory in a lot of spots, especially for a returning player, but I was only going to chime in on the ingredients and such. I just can't tackle the whole itemization ball of wax, so I'll leave others to wave that flag around.)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

Well actually plenty of people try which is why I quit raiding and grouping, bur that's not the point here. Adornments are not the problem per se, they are simply one of the earliest complex mechanisms that have been introduced that are responsible for turning the game from being fun to being a tedious chore.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

well, you do get a nice boost soloing when you infuse your stuff, reforge your stuff, adorn your stuff, boost your mount and so on. I got a huge boost on Leu when I used the new recipes to adorn her. And it's mandatory if you want to do anything heroic (and I'm still 20k too low in potency for those).
    It's not mandatory for soloing, but it does help a lot... and there's way too much stuff to grind, know, learn everywhere for me to feel comfortable with it. We have adorns, ok. Why do they keep changing adorn colours? we had red/yellow/white, then purple, green, black, orange, another shade of red, weapon leveling, mount leveling, merc leveling, familiars leveling, ascension, AA, reforge, infuse, experiment... all of that with tons of blue stats that change every couple of expansions. There's too many ways to upgrade in way too many directions and it's getting a bit old. If it was "just adorns", could be ok, but there's too much of too many things in too many directions.
    Breanna, Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In a way, that's part of my issue; what level of gear cranking up do folks who are mostly just crafters need to have to be able to get their crafting quest lines finished? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Tkia like this.