Neutral Alignment

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by TinyRatongaofDoom, Sep 17, 2019.

1. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

So, I want to try and get my character exiled, then try to make them as neutral as possible (like, making as many evil and good cities as I can to like me or at least, tolerate me) but I am not sure how possible that is, since you'd probably have to go through a lot of back and forth just to balance out stuff... like even just getting Qeynos and Freeport to like/tolerate my character would be an achievement.
    Has anyone tried this before?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

There is no neutral. As an exile all cities will hate you and you will be kill on site to every city except New Halas and Gorowyn.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. TinyRatongaofDoom Beau Wintertail the Ratonga

Well, yeah, I know that, but I feel like there's a possibility to somehow mess with the factions enough to balance it out on both sides, by doing exile quests on both sides, I don't know how well that will work but someone's probably somehow managed to do that.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

If you are evil and exile, then you can only build faction with good cities. If you are good and exile, you can only build faction with evil cities. It is not possible to build faction with both and when you exile, you lose faction with the side you are leaving.
    Feldon, Cyrrena, Finora and 1 other person like this.
  5. Eradani Well-Known Member

that's not true dude. if you exile, you're exiled - your past doesn't matter. you can do good OR evil faction quests.

the thing is: when you exile, you're -50k faction with good and evil. you do faction quests for good, you get +1k good faction and -1k evil faction. since you can never go less than -50k, you don't get lower with evil. you need +10k for the guards to ignore you and i think the problem lies in this being a maximum ceiling unless you commit to being a citizen.

i believe you can get close to what you're looking for but never quite reach it. there was someone who did something similar on deathtoll so they only had to do a few faction quests to go shopping in a city but could never shop in both at the same time.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Betrayal_Timeline
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Interesting.

If I read what you're saying correctly, it sounds like you can only get to +10k faction with one faction at a time since getting there means you're gaining 1k faction and losing 1k faction with every quest.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Yeah, they intentionally made it so you can't go exile and get your faction up with cities across the board. Some cities are more forgiving of opposing alignments than others, but Qeynos and Freeport will always have some guards that will KoS anyone from the exile or opposing alignment, regardless of faction work, usually the epic ones.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Gorowyn and New Halas have no KoS guards. In Kelethin, the only KoS guards are up on the top platform with the queen's residence.
    Siren, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

You can - or at least could - earn some faction with them with a couple Lower Faydark's quests (that's if you didn't start at -50K. Way back then Freeport's citizens were at -40K or maybe -45K, not sure.) Long story short, my Iksar necro isn't KoS in Queen's quarters.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Mermut like this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

If you are a high enough level to gray out guards, I believe you can get some Freeport faction doing the quests in the Ruins and some in the Commonlands. These quests don't have negative faction for Q. I know I did them on my good aligned main back in the day when trying to up my quest completion numbers, but I cannot confirm that it still is available. The same would likely be true for doing Forest Ruins/Cave/Ant quests, maybe.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

I think with Gorowyn, the devs wanted to make it a neutral city but realized there are just too many parts of the game that are hard-coded to either a good or evil alignment. The best they could do was to make sure there were no good- or evil-specific quests and no KoS guards.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

And anyone can use the bank, but for some reason only evil can bind to call home there.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

That's just because the city itself is technically on the evil faction, even though the sarnak there really don't care.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I remember one of the devs discussing this at a fain faire or something. They wanted a neutral city, but the engine just wouldn't let them do it, so while the sarnak themselves are neutral from a roleplaying perspective, the city itself is "evil."
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Right, but New Halas is technically neutral, too. Only good toons can use the bank there.
    Feldon, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You're expecting consistency? lol
    Rosyposy, Pixistik, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Faelan Active Member

You can get around that on an evil character by using the banker in the newbie area on the little isle across from the pilgrim camp. That banker is true neutral.