Nerfs to autoattack Priest/mage

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Carynn, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

• Reduced auto attack damage for mages and priests.
    Why? /Cry Auto attack is pretty much the only way priests do decent damage, unless you're a druid.
  2. SmakkUUp Member

It's going to totally **** the server if it's a decent amount. Like... It's not good.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

They had to do something to make melee more relevant.

This is one of the easiest solutions.
  4. Jakath New Member

How is this the appropriate solution though? This isn't making the scouts do more damage it's just nerfing the overall raid force's DPS.
  5. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I didnt say it was appropriate. I said it was an easy fix to make DPS between casters and melee classes more even.
  6. SmakkUUp Member

Except "casters" arent that nutty. Its just wizzys. and thats cause of Fusion. Necros and Conjies are gonna be ****** cause they get double duty wand DPS.
  7. Springelf Active Member

Just curious, what do you mean by double duty wand dps?
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Wands shouldn't even be on TLE anyway.

If you compare enchanter to bard, enchanters win, summoners to rogues, summoners win, sorcs to preds, sorcs win.

I honestly would rather it all got cut from TLE and you had to melee auto again.

In a lot of our parses we have wizard auto attacks higher than rogues, and bards etc. etc. it's really just silly, those are classes who also rely on auto attack for damage and have to time it.

The initial reason wands were added in 2011 during DoV was because of the difference in procs between mages/scouts, and because scouts were parsing a bit more because of it.
  9. SmakkUUp Member

The pet
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

I understand the why on this change, but I do sort of wish they'd just nerfed the mages.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

what did my poor sweet innocent tempy or channy(i can pretend okay? lol) do to deserve this?
  12. Okanagan Member

All out dps defiler parse, hit 260dps with wand, def needed a nerf
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not even close to accurate, mages are getting 400-600 DPS out of just their wand auto attack.

Like Adon said.
    enchanter to bard, enchanters win, summoners to rogues, summoners win, sorcs to preds, sorcs win.

Other than the 1 week Rogues were good, all 3 mage types are miles ahead of their scout counter part. This may not be the most elegant fix, but it could potentially bring the DPS classes closer together. Which is way over do.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Balance is maybe a good thing, but lowering raid wides and making kills go slower after setting the expectation for several weeks isn't really a great thing.
    Jakath likes this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

That is ok, all of the instance raids are laughable, (minus elemental warder). You don't even need 4 groups to clear DT. So to bring raid DPS down a little, is just fine.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean, the raid content is too easy, and mages needed a nerf. I'm not seeing a problem here?

If it was up to me I would absolutely gut mages to compensate for the scout reduction~

Dog does like 800 dps alone lol try again to troll.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Warlocks are pretty strong right now too, and our necro was parsing pretty high also. Conj's are just bad tho.
  18. Okanagan Member

My wand did 260 dps, obviously my dog and the rest of my parse was significantly higher
  19. Carynn Well-Known Member

If mages needed a nerf, mages should have gotten a nerf, not priests! It's not like we do a bazillion dps points from our CAs, like mages. Our ranged auto attack was the best way we provided dps to the raid while doing our primary job: healing melee bums. While top-end raid guilds might not have issue with this and find the content easy, it may hurt the rest of us who run with more healers than any other class in raid simply because we don't have the bodies to fill slots, nor the time and patience to level alts and somehow gear them for raids.

Guess we'll find out tonight how much it hurts us.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Then what is the problem with the nerf?
    This is nerfing mages, shamans already parse a lot because of dogs, druids are dps machines ( and no one runs wardens) and inqs parse decent, templars were always garbage dps wise, and channelers used bows so this has no change at all to them.