Nerf to Greater Spirit drop rate?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Twofeets, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Twofeets Active Member

Pre patch I used to get 1-2 greater spirits in some zones, and if i ran 2-3 zones I was almost gauranteed to get 1. Since the patch I have ran 13 zones and seen 1 spirit.

They upped the obol drop rate by a long shot, Ive gotten close to 60 obols in 13 zones, but only 1 spirit :( . Seems like the pendulum swung a bit far the other way... Maybe if we could buy a spirit for 17 obols the same way we can buy 17 obols for 1 spirit?
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

I had the same, 8 runs and no spirits, but 55 obols. But someone has said they got 4 on one HE run, so it must be RNG
  3. Pakhet Member

I ran HE and Dreadcutter and got 3 spirits so it's kind random, but the drop rate seemed increased to me.
  4. Archaical Active Member

This is exactly correct. If you are experiencing differently then keep it to yourself because the majority of players are reporting they are seeing less greater spirits.
  5. Gideon Member

got 3 spirits from chelsith a bit ago and 1 obol.
    dreadcutter 5 obols and no spirits so it seems random
  6. Archaical Active Member

I just said don't do that. You are the minority, think of the majority before you spew nonsense.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

yea, i haven't seen as many greater spirits as before the patch either
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

Trolling again I see.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

I get a fair amount of spirits from ST contested.
  10. Geothe Active Member

I gained 12 Spirits today.. did about 1.5 hrs in Contested ST. 2 HE runs, 2 DC runs.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

And where is this statistical proof that those that have seen an increase are the outliers?

In other words, how do you know that you are in the majority and the other two are in the minority? Do you somehow have access to the data from all servers and players? If not, your sample size is likely too small to determine which group is the norm and which group is the anomaly.

I guess what I'm trying to get across to you is that, unless you have a sufficiently large sample size (1%-2% of the total game population would probably be enough) from which to draw your data, it is just your guess against somebody else's guess about how the rate should be.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

why do you keep feeding the Troll like this?
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Because, deep down inside, I hold on to the hope that one day they can become contributing members of our community.

:D

Nah...who am I kidding. It is because I sometimes get bored. (Plus, who knows....one day one of them might learn something - as unlikely as that may be.)
  14. Archaical Active Member

Excuse me, but this is an obvious issue to most people. The fact that a thread was started about it is proof of that. Just because of a few of you are having a different experience does not mean the majority is. The fact is, most people have been complaining about the drop rate nerf of greater spirits. Both of the servers I play on is flooded with chat about it, and then I come onto the forums and see a thread about it also. Stop trolling please and let the issues be brough to light.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

This is the... 4th thread now complaining about RNG disparity with drop rates on tokens. For one Greater Spirits outside of Steward Armor are essentially Raid-Currency used for Red Adornments primarily. They drop almost 100% per named in Nox Incessit.

Some people get lucky, some get nothing for a week or so. I have a bad run, I take a break come back and it usually is different. If they increase the drop rate then those who are "lucky" will get hoards and there will still be those who do not get many at all. This is the problem with RNG-Based systems, the only sure-fire way to fix anything is a quest. Which there are Quests in Contested Sleepers Tomb that award platinum, Obol and in some cases a spirit.

So far, all the OP has to go on is an apparent run of bad luck after a patch which have been going in constantly trying to fix bosses and other issues. If they modified a drop rate on such a necessity they would have said so in the Patch Notes. Since there was no notification on such a change, I find it highly improbably anything was changed in regards to Greater Spirits let alone Obols which are quite easy to come by now.

I will say it once more, remove random-dropped Obols and give us a Quest to slay the boss of the Heroic Instances for a 100% drop of 1-6 Obol depending on the zone. Give Solo-Zones a low chance to drop Obol as well for those who prefer Soloing they can still get enough Obol for Adornments and maybe get in a Heroic Zone for a Spirit.
    Alenna likes this.
  16. Erszebeth Active Member

I can agree that post patch it seems like greater spirit drops have been significantly lower for me, but I've talked to others in the various guilds I'm in who have had an increase in drop rate in the same period; RNG is a cruel mistress, she'll be kind again.
    flameweaver and Estred like this.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

I've seen your posts all through out this forum and you sir are the one who is acting like a troll not anyone else especially not in this thread it is you who need to heed your request not the ones you are trying to stifle with your trollish behavior.

I happen to be one of those that is experiencing the same thing the OP is but I did not go off on those who mentioned they weren't and suggested the possibility that it is something to do with RNG not being kind it was you who did that acting like a troll in doing so. so please heed the what I bolded in your post and stop Trolling, Sir
  18. Taysa Well-Known Member

I've noticed an increase in obols and decrease in spirits. But I'm not saying that's a bad thing, as it should've been this way all along.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I desagree with your 'low' chance for soloer! They have to have a fair chance to get obols. Legendary gear and weapons dropped in solo zones (160 stat) have yellow slots too. Overland drops of obols is good enough and rare. My proposal: kill the last boss get an obol 100%
  20. Archaical Active Member

Well this "troll" is the one that started the thread that got the harrows end key implemented into the game so alts didn't have to do that ridiculous questline. So, I guess "trolling", by you incorrect definition, pays off doesn't it? You're welcome again.