Nerf to Conjerors DPs in patch

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Irie New Member

2. Irie New Member

Yes, on Monday my pet who very rarely dies, died 3 times in one fight. I wondered what was going on!
  3. duckster Active Member

Its not the first time they broken pets . On more than one occasion the pets didn't share resolve and it was a week before they fixed that.

Sky isnt falling...chill out.
  4. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I discovered EB macro'd into 2 other skills. Removing EB from the macros ended the unexpected deaths.:rolleyes::confused: Ooopsies!;)
    Dude and Beee like this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

EB should be solved today: :)

Update Notes: Tuesday July 30, 2019
    ABILITIES
    • Elemental Blast no longer makes caster or caster pet die in a horrible fire of pain and suffering.
    • Elemental Blast is now a tiered ability based off of the tier of the primary pet you have summoned. To see correct damage values, you must have a primary pet summoned.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

EB still has a problem in some instances (eg. CD solo) will be fixed soon :)
    Bludd likes this.
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

How does it rank pre change compared to now damage wise?
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

A maxhit on a training dummy before the change (30x6b) seems to be almost the same (4x46b) now but the average result might have a huge difference
  9. Kanv Member

So far EB is being resisted alot more often in heroic instances and in raids. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  10. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Well the "new" EB deems to be pretty buggy compared to how the original spell worked,. Personally I have not noticed much change in lag so if they can't fix the new spell soon they should just put it back to the original.
    I do find it hard to believe that 1 spell from 1 class is the big reason for lag.
    Ashandra, Beee and Mermut like this.
  11. Ixian Active Member

No one said it's "the" big reason for lag, it's just a contributor. Caith said it was causing 3+ second long frames 70+ times a day (https://i.ibb.co/dJq7N2f/EB.png), ie: all combat calculations get delayed by three seconds while EB finishes processing. That's across all instance servers, so in the grand scheme of things it's not occurring too often versus the amount of time people cumulatively spend engaged in combat, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. The problem is EQ2 is riddled with a lot of poorly implemented spells/other effects that need to be similarly fixed. Individually they may not be huge contributors to lag, but that stuff all adds up.
    Bludd likes this.
  12. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I don’t remember lag being like this when we first started playing eq2 the population was a darn site higher server wise perhaps they went and bought some cheaper server providers and the problems we are now having is the result of this.
  13. Rarkevan Active Member

We don't die anymore from it, but neither do mobs. It's sad. And lag certainly hasn't diminished either.
    Ashandra likes this.