Nerf to Conjerors DPs in patch

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

From Discod:

[IMG]
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Conjies have a couple of ways to decrease the pet recast time via AA, which is how you get the pet back if it does die during a fight. But the quick recast and/or pet storage won't refresh as fast as EB does.
    kingmob23 and Rarkevan like this.
  3. Lacutis New Member

Removed from hot bar until it is fixed. This is totally stupid. :(
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

That is a lot of AA to 'rework' to make something that worked yesterday feasible to use today.
  5. Katzandra Well-Known Member

This is essentially an instant kill switch. Even using instant recast for the pet, its a disruption in the casting order and in intense situations this matters. In casual situations, it is an annoyance. My conjy keeps buffs on her pet which require targeting the pet to rebuff it. Adding more disruption. In for fun casual play, I would have to recast my pet illusion. (Illusions which are offered as prizes and/or sold at festivals and for DB cash. SOOOO you guys make money off me liking pet illusions.) It is more convenient to remove elemental blast from my conjies combat rotation. So because you have lag issues, you have effectively taken away a skill. Just on logistics and disruption of mindset, this change is horrid. I haven't done an objective DPS impact study because frankly I am too angry about this.

From a role play aspect -- an instant pet kill switch is -- well - not fun. We have all kinds of pet care skills (and a good conjy takes care of her primary pet) and now to cast a buff on it - we insta-kill it? C'mon guys. Do you want to imagine sacrificing a pet to reduce lag the implementors don't want to fix properly?

This "fix" for faulty programming punishes players. Why not change the fancy graphics which apparently cause the lag? Oh... it was easier to just insta kill our pets????? This is not good marketing strategy. I have spell effects so I see the minimal amt allowed on the settings. Its annoying for me and probably dangerous for players with a proclivity to epilepsy having a zillion particle effects flashing in one's face. Plus its almost impossible to see what is going on with dazzling lights all around.

I get angry or aggravated with DB games from time to time (increasingly), but this move has me fuming and I have to restrain myself from using "colorful" language to express my anger.

I will post more when I cool down and after I look at the impact to DPS. Its hard to believe that the DPS increase is worth the anger and annoyance (and idiocy) of this change........ Okay better stop. More later.
    Juraiya and Rarkevan like this.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Hmmm.. seems I overlooked the part where they are adjusting it... I still don't understand why they didnt just take out the graphics.........
  7. Grumpy1 Member

just for the heck of it , ran 3 pq's today Lag is still horrible , zoning lag is still ******** , crashes to dsesktop because the servers cant handle the stress. in non rocket science english, the patch was useless. for the pq maybe a few less folks might make it less laggy? the 2nd pqs are usually almost lag free.
    Beee likes this.
  8. Katzandra Well-Known Member

After a bit of testing... Elemental Blast is clearly overpowered in PQs. In solo zones, casting only conjy spells (no ascensions), elemental blast did 1% or less of the total damage and got me killed without a merc up. I didn't want to hold up my ethereal group with testing so I didn't test it in a heroic zone.

Am I to gather this nerf was all about lag in PQs (which they force us to do for ethereal coins and celestial upgrades and would likely be empty without these "incentives") and the resulting fix for the lag issues includes a penalty to keep Elemental Blast from being overpowered in PQs???

I heard from a friend that Communion was nerfed due to being overpowered in PQs............. So... The use of our basic skill damage/use is being adjusted game-wide for the sake of PQs? Say it isn't so....... please!
  9. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Update: Elemental Blast can do significant %damage on overland bosses. Especially if you cast it accidentally and lose your pet unwittingly for half the fight.
  10. Avithax Well-Known Member

Monks got together and complained that EB was way too overpowered and needed to be adjusted down to Tank DPS levels.
    /end sarcasm
    Blazen, Juraiya and Lacutis like this.
  11. Katzandra Well-Known Member

EB was not targeted in this "fix" for being overpowered.

I erroneously originally thought this had to do with spell effects bouncing around but it clearly says it's a processing issue.
    Something happened in the lag fix that made the developers think the newly engineered spell was overpowered so they adjusted the ability by half killing the caster and totally killing the caster's pet (even with a death prevent on it). Killing the pet takes away the conjy's ability to self heal so it can all get a bit tense without a healer. Thankfully someone discovered a miscalculation and will hopefully make the buff non lethal to the caster and pet.

There may have been expansions where conjies were overpowered, but as hard as I have to work on my conjy to look really lame against scouts, I don't think this expansion is among them!
    Beee likes this.
  12. Ashandra Well-Known Member

if you call being soundly beaten in raids and up to 3 times dps in a heroic then yeah summoners are in a great spot the only way to be close to certain classes this expac is to fork out the dollars and max bonus infuse . There’s barely any thing to cast out side of ancensions Eb was one of them. When I look at break ups of non summoners at least there is one or 2 abilities that sit on the parse break up . In the case of tanks there’s multiple abilities doing heaps can we at least have our utility tanking back if I am going to be smashed by tanks in dps.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Horrible and I'm willing to bet there was 0 testing at all. BTW, this didn't fix your lag.. at all.our conjy doesn't even have EB on her hotbar and still lagged while raiding... oh and zoning is still broken.. I'm not even a conjy and this is a knee-jerk reaction to what is thought to be the problem, but it was really a way to take a class spell and make it useless..There are so many other classes that have similar spells/abilities.. poor poor thought process...
    Quillyne, Beee and Ashandra like this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

You are right - such changes need to be tested on testserver before going on live - no idea why this did not happen
  15. morderir Active Member

pressure to find a quick way to solve the lag issue i think. and not enough manpower . so don't jump to much on the dev , at least they are listening and will try to correct the problem as soon as possible. ( aka discord).
    however i thing the communication need some improvement. not everybody follow discord and a post explaining the why and how in the forum would have been welcome ( but that a cm job , not a dev job..)
  16. Bentenn Well-Known Member

but it wasn't just EB.. there is more to play here.. they did the same thing with dagger storm lol, didn't fix it. I forgot where the post is, but someone told them how to fix it, however, call it conspiracy if you want, but they are making class changes already and starting here, because any dev in their right mind would know that one class spell, which others have similar of, is not causing this lag. The combination of everyone's aoes and what not probably is, but even the ascensions that are aoes hit a lot of targets especially if more than one etherealist is in the raid... just saying :)
  17. Sheratan Member

Exactly, I did the same thing.
    This is the second spell that is ruined: the first was <<quicksand>>!
    To the developers: 1)<<elemetal blast>> conceived in this way is useless;
    2)<<minion traslocation >> is an spell not upgradeable that is obtained at level 100, ...it is useless to put it at level 110 and (in the future) 120 ... apprentice or celestial the effect will be equal to one of level 100;
    3)<<quicksand>> must be updated, it is present up to level 83.
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

I just hope the do not make it to less damage as it already only does 1/4 of what it did pre patch.
  19. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Any other conjies noticing more deaths on the Planeswalker without casting Elemental Blast?

I removed the Elemental Blast hotkey from the hotbar. Before the changes, the Planeswalker rarely died. Now the pet dies multiple times in heroic zones. I am wondering if there was some modification to the pet that helped insure that the 150% health instant death penalty would work without exception. It's a sad day in Mudville if they nerfed the Planeswalker.:(
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

does not happen to me

btw: Elemental Toxicity is the overpowerd spell in PQs now