Nerf to Conjerors DPs in patch

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

Elemental Blast has been updated as it could cause a significant amount of lag when cast due to each spell hit being individually processed first from the caster, to the pet where it applied modifying effects, then to the target. The ability now does its damage in a single strike sourced from the caster. However to adjust for the damage increase this causes, the ability will deal 50% of the caster’s maximum health to the caster, which may be warded, and 150% of the pets maximum health to the pet, which may not be prevented.
    Basicly Eb will do the SAME Total Damage yet will instantly kill your pet. After you consider the time spent recasting and rebuffing your pet it will be an over all Dps lose. The 50 percent Hp will be murder for soloing and eleimenatlist using pact of the fire tyrant in groups and raids.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The real question is why are conj's punished for pressing this spell yet no other dps class is punished for hitting their Class SF endline ability?

Would it not of been easier to just tune the ability to similar damage it was before to not require a downside for it hitting so hard?????
    Rarkevan and dirgenoobforreal like this.
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

for example from my stand solo tool tip eb does
    11,202,858 -13,502,704
    +
    10.349,312 - 12,649,158 x9
    so to hit the same it would have to do
    104,349,666-127,345,369
    Over all it would do the same damage just lower over all dps from killing the pet and Possibly the casters
  4. Thand Well-Known Member

our Soulburn already does 99% of the petst life unwardable which sometimes ends up killing it
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Yea i just dont get why we have to be nerfed to adjust lag issues.. If this actully increases the dps on EB then thats nice but why should we take dmg casting it?
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Let's wait some hours before crying until we can see the impact
    Reducing a spell calculated 30x at a primary pet to 3x at the character seems correct if it helps reducing the serverload.
    In raid it means the server has 648 loglines less transfer per elemental blast.. Looks nice but i think it will not be noticeable
    kingmob23 likes this.
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

If it kills the pet ima going to have to change out of servants intervention aa it will become obsolete guess we will soon see.

Also there’s other stuff out there that does more laggy things then Eb ever will and I don’t get the damage part added to it we aren’t necros that kinda fits there side of things.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

The change is awful for several reasons.

1) Its the only SF DPS end line AA that has a disadvantage.
    2) You can only use one specific build with this change. Reanimate is mandatory before you press EB. You also gotta waste 5 points on Dimensional storage, an AA no respectable summoner has ever used.
    3) You will eat through group wards so the ability is a liability on heavy AOE damage encounters.
    4) You need to pick between either Soul burn or EB every time reanimate is off cooldown.

What they should have done was to just tune the damage and not add some health gimmick. Ill bet yall that the tooltip wont even be updated for this change either.
    Rarkevan and Beee like this.
  9. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't play a conjy, but I do have to wonder at the thought process behind killing their pet for EB.. recasting the pet has a long cast time and I can't imagine it's going to be worth casting EB at all any more.
    The 50% max health damage to the caster is just rubbing salt into the wound...

This feels like the solution to 'too much lag from Elemental Blast' is to make elemental blast not worth using....
  11. semisus Does not play this game

Just tested this on a trash mob , it does way less than it did before and now it kills my pet+dmg to myself
    Rarkevan likes this.
  12. Rarkevan Active Member

This is just horrible.

I guess my conjy is no longer my main and that after earning all those ethereals. I'd curse but I'll do my momma proud and keep it to myself.
    Way to ruin my fun and interest . Man.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  13. Mosk New Member

the patch is working as intented...EB nerf is big enough to stop playing conji....no more conjis==no more lag
    Beee likes this.
  14. Wimble Active Member

its about time conjs were rebalanced a little. easy life.
  15. Ohhno Member

WOOT! They are already banning people for calling out the absolutely horrible change to Elemental Blast on DISCORD. Good times! LOL Surprised the DEVs have such thin skin and can't handle criticism for bad decisions.
    Juraiya, Rosyposy and Rarkevan like this.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

Cuz conjurors are so OP?
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Infos from Discord: Values are calculated wrong - will be fixed next patch.

Easiest way: Do not use EB on life until next patch

Kills pet 100%
    might kill you if it triggers 3x by ABDC
    does almost no damage
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Is this the point where all conjies betray to necros and necros become the supreme summoner class? :D:p
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Rarkevan Active Member

Tempted, very tempted, but I guess now I'll wait till next patch first to see if that improves things any. Done killing myself and my pet :p
    Scrappyz likes this.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Imagine dropping a patch note at 9pm est, including it in tomorrow's update and not testing it at all.

Insanity.